• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EBGames Canada: get an xbox360 for as little as $100

ocelittle

Banned
Sweet, I'm in Toronto.

So yo'ure telling me that it IS a minimum of 5 bucks per game?!?! I found a store that has a ton for 1.99.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
ocelittle said:
Sweet, I'm in Toronto.

So yo'ure telling me that it IS a minimum of 5 bucks per game?!?! I found a store that has a ton for 1.99.

yes; buy those mofo's up!

ocelittle

Banned
Damn, crazy crazy thing.

I'm on it. I have a little extra money I can throw at this 'project'...I would love an X360, that's for damn sure.

Magnus

Economan said:
I don't see how this is possible. This is because when I wanted to trade in Van Hellsing for the Xbox, the clerk at EB was only going to give me $2.00 Canadian.

Yes, it's $2 basic trade-in value, but ask the EB dude to check his October marketing directives. If you're putting it towards a 360 preorder (or, depending on how some stores interpret the vague directives, any new hardware system, even released ones like the existing new systems, PS2, Cube and so on), you'll get a minimum of $10 for POX titles (older shit like Van Helsing/old sports titles) and $20 on bigger/more recent titles.

I confirmed the stuff Dr Evil mentioned is in effect for all stores in Canada, including Toronto. $5 minimum for PS1 games. I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Would there be any way by going to a couple of different EBs to trade this stuff in that we could arouse, you know, less suspicion? I don't want to be a total cock and walk in with a few grocery bags brimming with games, but I do really want an Xbox 360. I've already got 30 games ready to go, and I think I can find another 5 or 6 around my house. So I figure if I go pick up maybe 10-15 more, I can make up the difference in cash.

I don't mind second shipment if I get it for < $200 out of pocket. How late would that be though?

youd be surprised how little copies of super mario bros/duck hunt combo carts go for. ive seen an auction with 40 copies go for under 5 bucks, so this deal is actually pretty good

ocelittle

Banned
Well, ladies and gentlemen!

I went to a local game store, bought 10 PSone games for 30 bucks and headed out over toe EB (I didn't want to buy all the cheap ones because I was skeptical that the deal would work)...

When the guy scanned in one of many GameDay disks, I saw the price ring up at 5 bucks.

I traded in 10 games, got $65.50 towards a new Xbox360.

That's a 35.50 (a little more) profit!!!!

DrEvil

ocelittle said:
Well, ladies and gentlemen!

I went to a local game store, bought 10 PSone games for 30 bucks and headed out over toe EB (I didn't want to buy all the cheap ones because I was skeptical that the deal would work)...

When the guy scanned in one of many GameDay disks, I saw the price ring up at 5 bucks.

I traded in 10 games, got $65.50 towards a new Xbox360.

That's a 35.50 (a little more) profit!!!!

Never doubt me :p

DrEvil

nope, nor do n64.

dont forget tho, snes is only four bucks.

edit: also, depending on who you get to do the tradeins, if you dont have hte instructions for the ps1 games, you MAY only get 3.75 per game, but that depends on the employee, if he decides to take the discs as incomplete -- most people don't really care about ps1 games having manuals much, so yeah, just a forewarning there.

-d

ocelittle

Banned
Yeah, the store I was at had a bunch of SNES games for 1 buck...old, but who cares? I never thought I'd get 5 bucks for VR Baseball 97.

rebates and stuff like this are non existant in the uk.

Dammit. I don't particulary want a x360 although for even £150 I'd have trouble saying no even if it was just for PD0 :p

ocelittle

Banned
I'm sure it will end up costing me over 100 bucks, probably closer to 200-220.

But still, that beats the hell out of paying damn near 600.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Again I will ask...does it matter what PS1 games are brought for trade in?

ocelittle - what store did you purchase your games at?

ocelittle

Banned
No it doesn't matter what games. I figured bringing in a bunch of old sports titles would keep me from getting games, but I was proven wrong.

The one store I sometimes go to Game Center is out of cheeeap PS One games, but you can get ones for like...5-10 bucks there

ocelittle

Banned
Dominated the sales chart today, got 58 more bucks (spent 20).

I love this. And the guys at EB are really cool, don't even really check the games. They like me, so it's all uphill from here. Got some other games that I'm going to take in now...

I'm up to 120 something dollars. Spent just under fifty.

Nester

Himuro said:
Fuck that shit. Why trade in classic systems for an overpriced system and get only 4-5 bucks in revenue for return? Not to mention a ton of games? To get what? A system with a weak ass launch? Only retards would do that. Hence the retard pack.

Did you read the thread? At all?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
ocelittle said:
No it doesn't matter what games. I figured bringing in a bunch of old sports titles would keep me from getting games, but I was proven wrong.

The one store I sometimes go to Game Center is out of cheeeap PS One games, but you can get ones for like...5-10 bucks there

Sweet, now I gotta find me a place that has some super cheap PS1 games and hope that EB takes a reservation for a X360 non core pack. Even if it's in a later shipment.

Foil

Himuro said:
Fuck that shit. Why trade in classic systems for an overpriced system and get only 4-5 bucks in revenue for return? Not to mention a ton of games? To get what? A system with a weak ass launch? Only retards would do that. Hence the retard pack.

Seek therapy. Every post you make about the 360 is filled with hate/conspiracy/insane comments. Weak ass launch? I guess it is, they don't have Fantavision...

Phoenix

Too bad there isn't anything like this in the states. One year at TimeWarner some partnership with had with EA got us a lot of games but they were all the SAME FREAKING GAME, so I have a garbage bag full of certain games that I'd be more than willing to part with. Hell even for $1.00.

DrEvil

Ohh, more news for those who are waiting to get a non=core pack with this deal.

You can get the credit and put it onto the core pack (as this deal ends on the 29th), and when we get info about our second shipment (next week) you can move the credit to the non-core pack and still retain all your 31% bonus and such... so you're not toally SOL if your store wont take the non core.

ocelittle

Banned
You're just filled to the brim with information.

Your idea to do this has inspired me to write you a love poem.

Maybe I'll do it later.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
DrEvil said:
Ohh, more news for those who are waiting to get a non=core pack with this deal.

You can get the credit and put it onto the core pack (as this deal ends on the 29th), and when we get info about our second shipment (next week) you can move the credit to the non-core pack and still retain all your 31% bonus and such... so you're not toally SOL if your store wont take the non core.
Thanks for the info. I travel to and from Winnipeg every other weekend, so could I do this switch over the phone?

I went out shopping today, and nabbed 17 PSOne games for ~$23. Add that to the 33 I had ready to go at home, 9 SNES, and 4 shitty PS2, and I'm looking good!

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I was in eb today and they were telling me that games like top spin and nhl2k5 were worth $1 and gretzky hockey for psp zero. The run around or truth? Should I be getting the $10 minumum?
Don't suppose that could be stacked with the 31% deal?

Also, are you saying they are only pre-booking core packs right now, or is that just some stores? I was just about to trade in my psp and a bunch of games for what I thought would be a bundle pack.....
With the 31% bonus it turns out not bad at all..

Thanks for any info.

DrEvil

dvdvideo said:
I was in eb today and they were telling me that games like top spin and nhl2k5 were worth $1 and gretzky hockey for psp zero. The run around or truth? Should I be getting the $10 minumum?
Don't suppose that could be stacked with the 31% deal?

Also, are you saying they are only pre-booking core packs right now, or is that just some stores? I was just about to trade in my psp and a bunch of games for what I thought would be a bundle pack.....
With the 31% bonus it turns out not bad at all..

Thanks for any info.

Seems like SOME stores are only doing corepacks (eg stores that already have more preorders than they have 'big' bundles, eg they cant fill the demand for it).

As for psp games, gretzky would be zero cuz it was shipped with all psp gretzky bundles, but i could have sworn it was changed to three bucks (it sells for nine lol).
Top spin and nhl2k5 SHOULD get you 10 bucks, ask to speak to the kid's ASM or Manager about the tradein credit towards system; any POX game gets you 10, PO gets you 20; I dont think POZ exists anymore... it just sounds like the kid didnt readup on his past EBLines... I'd ask to see the manager

As for doing the switch over the phone, yeah, you can usually do it -- I'll post in the thread when our store finds out about second shipments of the premium bundle, cuz it should be pretty uniform over the entire company.

ocelittle

Banned
Man, I'm searching all avenues for ways to get cheap games.

A buddy of mine is actually GIVING me his Psone and all his games.

I think alot of people love me because I got my Xbox for free, too. Wiht like, 5 games.

THE DUCK

Weak for you perhaps.....more games than I can even afford to purchase for me. Not too many people would agree with you on that one.

ocelittle

Banned
It's missing that ONE game that you gotta have, so I can see where he's coming from. I'm forced to make a choice, and will probably settle with PDZ. Replay > All.

THE DUCK

I plan on playing nba2k6 till I a blue in the face, as is pgr3, both are likely to be AAA to me. To say nothing of oblivion, pdz, hockey....

ocelittle

Banned
Bought 10 SNES games (all old Maddens and NHL's) and traded them with NFL Street (GC) and MLB 2K5 (Xbox) and got 78 bucks.

My total is 203 bucks, and I only spent 60 so far.

Rorschach

Orin GA said:
Heres the actuall Scenario.

Customer: Id like to trade in 76 of these games.
Employee: Get fuck out my store.
:lol

And then you're stuck with 76 shitty games and a 150 dollar hole in your pocket.

ocelittle

Banned
Well, I've done very well with this so far.
And if I can win an Xbox on the BeFirstToPlay contest, I'll have 203 bucks worth of games already paid for.

jenov4

Small update: I just went to my local EB and traded in like 10 PS1 games, 12 GBC games. This deal works! It's crazzzzy.. now I need to find some more cheapie stuff to unload. Thanks DrEvil!

DrEvil

You are all welcome - I'll be trading in 60 or so games at my own store next week, I'll post the receipt for those who are still doubtful, it should be crazy.

Also, I got permission to put myself on a premium bundle even tho we've closed off preorders already at our store :)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've got 44 PSX, 8 N64, 1 GBC, 4 PS2, and 9 SNES games ready to go this weekend. I'll scan my receipt too.

"Time to clear out my collection.... I was quite the sports gamer in the PSX days!"

THE DUCK

I went in yesterday and trades some psp games, a psp machine, and some xbox games. Came out to $690, I'm happy. Got my $10 for the games I wanted, and the 31% on most as well.... :)

ocelittle

Banned
Lambtron said:
I've got 44 PSX, 8 N64, 1 GBC, 4 PS2, and 9 SNES games ready to go this weekend. I'll scan my receipt too.

"Time to clear out my collection.... I was quite the sports gamer in the PSX days!"

You're going to get $392.80 for the older games, and it will be pushed to upwards of $420 depending on the PS2 games.

Nice haul, buddy.

I'm thinking of trading in systems, but I'm not sure.
Argh.

Top Bottom