• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #207 (November) scores: lots o' 7s

Wrekt

randomwab said:
Some bits from the Time Extend:
The presiding spirits of God Hand may be the developers behind the latter, but there are no lush environments, twisting narratives or machine-stretching visuals here. There's a funereal tinge to its exuberance, an understanding that this kind of excess is only possible as a dying fall. Games always lend themselves to mythologising in hindsight, but God Hand's bloody-minded and narrow focus shows a Clover detemined not to truckle, especially not in its final game. It was committing commercial suicide, and loving it.

I expect to see writing like this in a SNES era JRPG. Does this journalist realize the demographic he is writing to is interested in a game called Godhand? Don't talk to your audience like they are stupid but you might want to leave "there's a funereal tinge to its exuberance" back in the thesaurus.

Damn nice score for Demon's souls. I'm glad major reviewers are giving it it's due. It's easily one of the most unique games this generation, and one of the best RPG's I've played in a long time

Dash

A 9 for Demon's Soul? I may have to look into this game despite not really being in a RPG mood this month.

Top Bottom