• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edinburgh Rocks. With Pics. (56K Gone Bye Bye)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been living in Edinburgh for 6 years now, and sometimes take for granted what a great place it is. My niece came through to visit last week and we went a wandering and took a few pictures...

Edinburgh from Arthur's Seat (you can just see the Forth Road & Rail Bridges in the distance
DSCF0696.JPG

Edinburgh South from Arthur's Seat
DSCF0705.JPG

Princes Street from Edinburgh castle (West)
DSCF0836.JPG

Prices Street from Edinburgh Castle (East)
DSCF0837.JPG

My niece Cameron on the Castle Steps - a wee munkey she is!
DSCF0840.JPG

Blow Up The Outside World...
DSCF0839.JPG

The firing of the 1pm cannon - happens every day and it is LOUD!
DSCF0833.JPG

Princes St (Waverly Station End)
Cam0003.JPG

Don't think I'll ever leave the Burg! :)

Mr beers :-

wow, nice place. In europe?

btw nice camera

Yeah, in Scotland to be precise... yeah the Camera is really good - i would recommend it especially for digicam noobs (which I am) :lol It's pretty much idiot proof, but still got a lot under the hood to tweak with...

Bush supporter?

Woah that's harsh! :lol :lol :lol

But amusing nontheless...

I originally come from Perth in Scotland, I'd expect people not to know where that is, or think it was Australia, but I'll admit I thought that Edinburgh was pretty famous as being the capital of Scotland...

mr.beers

gollumsluvslave said:
Mr beers :-

Yeah, in Scotland to be precise... yeah the Camera is really good - i would recommend it especially for digicam noobs (which I am) :lol It's pretty much idiot proof, but still got a lot under the hood to tweak with...

ok, scotland great, i am not well read like these other rubes that posted, before me, thanks, love the pics.

oh and btw for the bashers omg i am a junior member, so i know nothing, k

My dad and my sister were up here last weekend and we went up to the castle and took similar photos to yours, only problem was that edinburgh happened to be covered in fog that day so you could only just see Princes street from the castle wall. A bit annoying, especially since the day before (saturday 19th) had been the best day of the year so far.

Cracking photos though. You can see my house in the first one, under the mighty Appleton tower!

Stevie Gerrard:-
My dad and my sister were up here last weekend and we went up to the castle and took similar photos to yours, only problem was that edinburgh happened to be covered in fog that day so you could only just see Princes street from the castle wall. A bit annoying, especially since the day before (saturday 19th) had been the best day of the year so far.

Cracking photos though. You can see my house in the first one, under the mighty Appleton tower!

Another Edinburger on GAF? :lol

You can just see my house in the 3rd and 4th pics - near St Stephens Church in the New Town.

We were lucky that day it was really clear those photo's don't really do the general weather justice :lol ...British Summertime just started and it was pelting it down!

gollumsluvslave said:
Stevie Gerrard:-

Another Edinburger on GAF? :lol
Been here 3 and a half years. It's great.

We were lucky that day it was really clear those photo's don't really do the general weather justice :lol ...British Summertime just started and it was pelting it down!
I think summer's over already.

When you were at the castle did you go on one of those guided tours? Where the guide tells touristy stories like how most places have a 12 o'clock gun, but the scots are too cheap to fire the gun 12 times so they have a 1 o'clock gun instead :lol

If I ever win a trillion dollars, I'm going to buy myself a castle. And a DeLorean.

How much does a castle run you in Scotland?

dazedx

I'm going backpacking through europe in 2 months. I've been to Edinburgh once before and can't wait to be back there. I stayed in the Castle Rock Hostel right at the base of Edinburgh castle. Good times :)

Those pics just make the wait seem longer !!

Nice. This is where my family originates which is cool since it's such a beautiful city imo.

I although I've never been there, I recognize much of it from PGR2, which is kinda neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom