• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM #218, August 2007: Soul Calibur IV looks AWESOME

GhaleonEB said:
It sounds like they may try to retro-fit waggle, so it just maps existing movement commands to the new controller. I don't think that would work at ALL. It will be hilarious if they try it.

That's what I was figuring. I don't think it'll work either for most games. I suppose things like FFX and such would be pretty easy to implement. But what's the point?

Isn't there a pretty extensive process for perfecting the waggle movements in Wii games?

NekoFever

_leech_ said:
- Sony will repackage the PS2 to compete with the Wii by including a waggle-wand (their wording, not mine) for $99 this holiday season.
That'll be the announcement of the Sixaxis x 10. Fanboys leaping off of tall buildings and stuff.

Dali

- Another Parasite Eve is in the works for an actual console.
- Sony's going to show Epic the money to make UE3 work better on the PS3.
- Kojima Productions is working on another PS3 exclusive.
- Sony will repackage the PS2 to compete with the Wii by including a waggle-wand (their wording, not mine) for $99 this holiday season.
- AC/DC will help promote Rock Band.
- Capcom working on a PS3 exclusive.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl will use Havok physics.

1. I wonder if this is in backlash to the hate that SE got for PE3 on... cell phones.
2. meh
3. Another?
4. Screw a repackage. People want a redesign. That might actually compete with the Wii for $99.
5. meh
6. whatever
7. Another talking point for the 'SSB is a legit hardcore fighting game' crowd.

Hyrup66

Banned
_leech_ said:
Ok, i'm trying to tackle these as quickly as possible :lol

- Michael Donahoe gave The Darkness 6.5.
- About ZOE3: "Ha, you wish!"
- Not really any new info on FFXII (mostly a "What we know/What we don't know" thing).

Michael Donahoe=Tool

Hyrup66

Banned
_leech_ said:

- About ZOE3: "Ha, you wish!"
- Not really any new info on FFXII (mostly a "What we know/What we don't know" thing).

Michael Donahoe=Tool

YYZ

TheKingsCrown said:
How is this out of left field? It has been talked about for months, with about 1000 reasons why it wouldn't work...just like what came up when the PS3's price was announced. Hmm...
I didn't hear any solid rumours about it, but I haven't been here for so long. It will work well for Sony since the Wii is $250 and the PS2 is rumoured to be almost a third of that price. Only casuals are buying a PS2 now so it makes sense for them to do it and release one or two games that take advantage of waggle.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Michael Donahoe sucks, but we knew that way before he did his The Darkness review.

jjasper

Dahbomb said:
- Capcom working on a PS3 exclusive.[/B]

.... Doubt it. :lol

But I still wonder what game it is.

Probably Dead Rising or Lost Planet : We add one small thing so it is different edition

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
_leech_ said:

gave 10 to hotel dusk, shat on Etrian. EGM's loose cannon?

Kittonwy

Banned
_leech_ said:
- Capcom working on a PS3 exclusive.

Gimme somethin' to believe in
Cuz I don't believe in you
Anymore
Anymoreoooooo

Indifferent2.gif

YYZ said:
I didn't hear any solid rumours about it, but I haven't been here for so long. It will work well for Sony since the Wii is $250 and the PS2 is rumoured to be almost a third of that price. Only casuals are buying a PS2 now so it makes sense for them to do it and pour PS2's userbase into Waggle and Wii's future.

Fixed.

guys can we just focus on the madden vs. APF article? all other news is old and busted. lets get some more details on the football showdown of a life time... please!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Bebpo said:
You guys are going to be so let down if you expect ZoE3. It's going to be something hmm...like MGAcid 3, or Boktai PS3.

Not expecting anything. That's just what I want. :D And no thanks on the two games you mentioned. =P

fernoca

The PS2 with waggle thing is a little scary..hehehe...

-$99.99 price
-Fully compatible with ALL PS2 and PS1 games and accesories (plus DVD movies and CDs)
-New controller
-Online ready (well as online ready as the PS2 was)

Plus the current fact, that most developers are just porting PS2 games to Wii and that's it..
Hmm...

We'll see.. :lol

In the end, it will still be a "new" console and through teh eyes of many, a copycat..so that might end also affecting Sony's image with the consumers.

Kintaro

Dali said:
4. Screw a repackage. People want a redesign. That might actually compete with the Wii for $99.

A redesign? How much smaller do you want it? A walkman?

Bebpo

Banned
The PS2 w/waggle rumor is soooo fake. It came right from GAF. I dunno why it's even being discussed seriously.

Proc

Can we get some more details on the blu-ray rebate? Is it only applicable in the U.S.? Which movies apply, etc.

ant1532

Banned
I have no idea where they got this lead on Smash using Havok physics. I mean did they watch the videos? Definitely wasn't using Havok in the older video at least.

Jammy

Banned
fernoca said:
The PS2 with waggle thing is a little scary..hehehe...

-$99.99 price
-Fully compatible with ALL PS2 and PS1 games and accesories (plus DVD movies and CDs)
-New controller
-Online ready (well as online ready as the PS2 was)

Plus the current fact, that most developers are just porting PS2 games to Wii and that's it..
Hmm...

We'll see.. :lol

In the end, it will still be a "new" console and through teh eyes of many, a copycat..so that might end also affecting Sony's image with the consumers.

Sony doesn't have the games nor creative talent to make something like a Wii Sports or Brain game for the system, though. In the public's eyes it's all about Wii Sports or how much more fun some Mario Party 8 games can be compared to their predecessor's. It's all about how Metroid Prime 3 will control. Those hundreds upon hundreds of games like Final Fantasy XII and GTA: San Andreas won't do anything for the system if it's main point is now waggle.

The best case scenario for Sony here would be the best case scenario for Nintendo. Developers would actually have to try to make games specifically designed around the PS Remote to capture the public's heart, but that would also make way for easy porting and more advertising and recognition for the Wii as a whole.

This would be great if the PS2 wasn't dying in Japan.

Dai Kaiju

Bebpo said:
The PS2 w/waggle rumor is soooo fake. It came right from GAF. I dunno why it's even being discussed seriously.

I mean, they even used the gaf term "waggle wand". This makes me wanna compile a GAFtionary...

fernoca

ant1532 said:
I have no idea where they got this lead on Smash using Havok physics. I mean did they watch the videos? Definitely wasn't using Havok in the older video at least.

That's the thing..
I remember reading the Brawl/Havok rumor around here..

And heck, the PS2 with waggle rumor was even posted here... last year.
(The "source" back the was Kotaku)

Dali

Kintaro said:
A redesign? How much smaller do you want it? A walkman?

I'm just saying if they want to compete with the Wii, a shiny new PSDos would probably lure more consumers than something that's been on the market for a couple of years. I think a redesign would definitely be more effective than waggle. I really don't think that part of the rumor is true.

jjasper

fernoca said:
Hmm...

Personally that's why I think it would happen. In a way it makes sense. Most Wii games have been ported/were ported from ps2 so why not make that process a little easier?

FrankT

jjasper said:
Probably Dead Rising or Lost Planet : We add one small thing so it is different edition

Doubt it, already seen a rumor last week that Lost Planet Colonies will be 360/PC and as for Dead Rising, uh, just no.

- Sony's going to show Epic the money to make UE3 work better on the PS3.

I would say the UT3 timed exclusive is pretty much in the bag at this point in my mind. Mark Rein would have jumped on it last week like a fat kid on a donut if it wasn't true, but it didn't happen. Wonder what they're paying to see UE3 work better on the PS3 I can't see Sony being able to dish out that much at this point. Lost opportunities on MS side if true.

Oh yea, keep those rumors coming Shane, heh.

Reilly

_leech_ said:
Sony will repackage the PS2 to compete with the Wii by including a waggle-wand (their wording, not mine) for $99 this holiday season.

Who's? Sony's or whoever gave the rumor?

The Madden vs. All-Pro thing is basically a two-page article that compares the gameplay, features, and online of both. They don't pick a winner, but it seems like this is the best Madden in years and All-Pro has the better online experience.

Kintaro

Dali said:
I'm just saying if they want to compete with the Wii, a shiny new PSDos would probably lure more consumers than something that's been on the market for a couple of years. I think a redesign would definitely be more effective than waggle. I really don't think that part of the rumor is true.

$99 is more effective than any of that IMO. :) But...seriously. The PSTwo is tiny, how much smaller could it get?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Bebpo said:
I figured it was an obvious enough fake that no one would take it seriously. Plus NeoGAF strives on fantasy scenario evaluation, surprised you haven't noticed it before.

Top Bottom