• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM confirms Ape Escape 3 for NA!

Soul4ger

Sweeeet! In its 2006 preview article, EGM says that SCEA is bringing Ape Escape 3 to North America early next year. This made my day.

Amir0x

Banned
I'm pretty happy about this. I loved the theme they had for this new one, and Ape Escape 1 for PSX is still one of the all time best platformers. I can't wait.

SKOPE

I've had enough with sequels, especially the ones that do nothing to improve upon their predecessors, but I'll make an exception for this.

Monkeys make everything good.

8bit

Knows the Score
Sholmes said:
Anyone 'round these parts play AE3? Impressions?

It's good. It drops the gimmicky gadgets of AE2, but expands on the formula by giving your various suits to use instead. Well worth your cash.

Also, SCEE gave Europe AE2, so I'd think AE3 was a no brainer.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wow, this made my day too!
I remember reading lots of positive impressions back when it came out in japan

Scott

Few other things of note:

They list a "May 2006" release date for Kingdom Hearts II, though I'm not sure if that has any basis, or if they're just guessing. They do, however, have a bit from Nomura saying that over half the game's locales are still being kept secret -- well, I found that interesting, at least. ;)

Also confirmed for US release is Rogue Galaxy, via SCEA, set for release sometime next summer.

And lastly, they list Grandia III in the "winter" section, alongside Drakengard II, Tales of Legendia, Wild ARMs IV, etc... so, maybe we'll be seeing that shortly.

:)

Link1110

Also confirmed for US release is Rogue Galaxy, via SCEA, set for release sometime next summer.

Awesome news, Level 5 is my favorite new developer this generation.

As for Ape Escape, the only one I've played is the PSP one, which i didn't like much at all. From what I'm told it's not that was not a good introduction to the series because the console ones are better. I may have to try one of those one of these days.

Soul4ger

Link1110 said:
Awesome news, Level 5 is my favorite new developer this generation.

As for Ape Escape, the only one I've played is the PSP one, which i didn't like much at all. From what I'm told it's not that was not a good introduction to the series because the console ones are better. I may have to try one of those one of these days.

Seriously, find Ape Escape 2. I can't imagine you'd pay more than $8 preowned, and it's the best platformer you can find on the PS2 right now, hands down.

Top Bottom