• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM got here quick this month

Uncle

Big-E said:
I asked this as well and would like to know. Please don't say Infiltrator.

I'd bet that Sentinel is one. The tech/biotic skills makes it looks more like a supporting character than one I myself would like to play.

Gigglepoo

freezo said:
that the ppls interest in mass effect is lacking

"ppls" is definitely not a word.

If people are not interested in a great game, shouldn't 1up talk about it even more? People may not be aware they are missing out on a great experience.

freezo said:
that the ppls interest in mass effect is lacking

Eh, what are you basing that on? Not that I personally understand why anyone other than the most dusty sci-fi bookworm with a thing for mannequins would be excited about it, but the world is a crazy place and there does seem to be plenty of excitement around the title.

Soul4ger

I'll read the Mass Effect review in a second. It's a few pages.

I do feel obliged to say, for my own sanity, that I take great enjoyment out of the people who need EGM to vindicate their $600 purchase. If you were at all satisfied with it, you wouldn't need someone else to tell you that you didn't waste your money. But, apparently, you do. My opinion of PS3 CONFIRMED! by people who already own it! Success!

Soul4ger said:
I do feel obliged to say, for my own sanity, that I take great enjoyment out of the people who need EGM to vindicate their $600 purchase. If you were at all satisfied with it, you wouldn't need someone else to tell you that you didn't waste your money. But, apparently, you do. My opinion of PS3 CONFIRMED! by people who already own it! Success!

If that's what you think this is about, then you're kind of a dumb person.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Soul4ger said:
I'll read the Mass Effect review in a second. It's a few pages.

I think you have that very backwards.

Soul4ger

They don't go into specifics about which classes in Mass Effect are unbalanced. Most of the written review focus on the storytelling and dialogue branches. Two of the people played as Vanguard, though, and it doesn't seem like they cared as much about who they had in their party. Jennifer played as a Sentinel, and it seems like she put more thought into the characters she included in her party. BUT, that could just be my perception based on HOW they played the game, that is, to get the most out of strategically optimizing your party. They say that the dialogue and story are well-written, and the last few hours are EPIC and gorgeous and stunning and shit, but that the dialogue branching system isn't as revoluationary as Bioware originally promised/indicated/whatever they said about it. The third reviewer, Bryan, who gave it a 9.0, complained that it's hard to get into, because it doesn't tell you HOW to do anything, but once you figure it out, it's incredibly satisfying.

Maxwell House said:
:lol :lol

This thread is gold.

What are you going to say next year when 1up gives MGS4 a 9.5 or 10? MS must have stopped sending them hookers, right??
Pretty much, not necessarily hookers but anyway.
Kathleen may prefer a Gigolo, though I am not sure.

Kane and Lynch: 7.5, 7, 7

: ) good enough, and better than I thought it would get for some reason.
Quick somone buy this and pull off hiests with me, I promise not to shot you in the back and steal all the sweet money <.< >.>

BobTheFork said:
Kane and Lynch: 7.5, 7, 7

: ) good enough, and better than I thought it would get for some reason.
Quick somone buy this and pull off hiests with me, I promise not to shot you in the back and steal all the sweet money <.< >.>

Which system are you getting it for? I'll be getting this one for sure, assuming I don't get double vision after being carved up.

Rumors

- Bioshock coming to PS3
- EA is making a live, DJ-hosted, sports trivia game show for PC. It will eventually appear on XBLA and branch off into other trivia topics like TV and movies.
- Another PSP MGS is in the works besides PO + "something that harkens back to the early days".
- EA is making a game based on the live-action GI Joe movie
- WWF No Mercy is coming to Wii Ware with updated roster
- Sega is making another Sonic game.
- EA is making a new Road Rash

Edit: Fixed some stuff.

Dante

Oni Link 666 said:
Rumors

- Bioshock coming to PS3
- EA making a live, DJ-hosted, sports trivia game show for XBLA
- Another PSP MGS in the works besides PO + "something that harkens back to the early days".
- EA making a game based on the live-action GI Joe movie
- WWF No Mercy coming to Wii Ware with updated roster
- Sega making another Sonic game.
- EA making a new Road Rash

Two opposite ends of the awesome spectre :)

Amir0x

Banned
AstroLad said:
Wow. Well here's hoping for the best. Could/should be incredible.

here's the thing. That's not even a rumour! I think Quartermann forgot that not only did EA already announce a new Road Rash game during a quarterly conference call, they made some references to it during the Game's Developers conference!

Dante

Amir0x said:
here's the thing. That's not even a rumour! I think Quartermann forgot that not only did EA already announce a new Road Rash game during a quarterly conference call, they made some references to it during the Game's Developers conference!

Yeah there was actually a .ppt doc floating around during GDC talking about the tech in there.

egmfan89

I just got back and haven't read much of this thread yet, but I thought I'd tell you I updated the first post with some more goodies like features and such.

Oni Link 666 said:
Rumors

- Bioshock coming to PS3
- EA making a live, DJ-hosted, sports trivia game show for XBLA
- Another PSP MGS in the works besides PO + "something that harkens back to the early days".
- EA making a game based on the live-action GI Joe movie
- WWF No Mercy coming to Wii Ware with updated roster
- Sega making another Sonic game.
- EA making a new Road Rash
If that includes vs with online players, it could be badass. I love sports trivia. :)

Hopefully they would expand that into other categories of trivia as well.

The thing is, sleazy people with fast fingers and Google could ruin the whole thing.

Boring rumors.

Can someone who's read the reviews for uncharted tell me a couple things.

1) What's the spilt like between combat (shooting specificallly) and running around platforming/puzzle solving/etc?

2) Does the combat feel fps-ish or does the game handle a lot of the aiming issues?

3) What's the structure of the game like? Just solve the puzzles to get around or are there etxras and secrets? Do you collect stuff, like J&D?

4) Is it fun?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
MassiveAttack said:
Uncharted: 8.5, 8.5, 8.5

I was hoping for higher scores to justify my purchase. Now I'm right back to "potential purchase."

Enjoyed the demo, but we all know how insigificant that can be after Assassin's Cree7.0.

JudgeN

What they say about Mass Effect combat that was so good? In all the video I have seen it like your standard duck behind a rock and shoot third person shooter.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Which system are you getting it for? I'll be getting this one for sure, assuming I don't get double vision after being carved up.
oh, should have said. Only have the ps3 so that what I'm getting.

JudgeN said:
What they say about Mass Effect combat that was so good? In all the video I have seen it like your standard duck behind a rock and shoot third person shooter.

Just reading through what Jennifer says, you can pause the action to que up attacks and give commands to your team and work together. She gives the example of having someone lift an enemy, then she overloads their weapon, then someone else can shoot them. Doesn't sound like GOW exactly.

J-Rzez

Linkzg said:
The Good:
-Gunplay, acrobatics, charming characters.

The Bad:
-Not much original here
-lame puzzles

Sixaxis controls:
-let's not even bother

Not impressed with the graphics or sound? They made it sound like no matter what Gears was going to get the scores it did for it's graphics and sound, doesn't apply here though. Ooh, the "not much original here" comment that could be tagged to 95% of games!

Did we get The Good - The Bad for Mass Effect and CoD4 yet? Or did I miss it in here amongst the fake impressions that were thrown around?

Brak

AniHawk said:
I would've never expected EGM to love Fire Emblem that much based off that one 1UP Show.
Just what I was going to come in here to say. That segment on the 1up Show really disappointed me, in the same vein as the Phantom Hourglass segment.

Top Bottom