• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eh, so im eatng a cup of noodles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ape

Banned
and there's a warning on it that says "do not microwave"? wtf? how else are you supposed to eat this shit. I've had literally millions of these and i think I'm fine. am i the only one to not notice this apparent health warning?

Neol

Your supposed to put hot water in it and let it settle till the noodles are cooked.

I don't know anyone to do it this way though.

There's often metal under the paper lid. Microwaving it is a fire hazard. There's also the problem of using a microwave to boil water, which leads to super-heating and a scalding hazard.

Boil your water in a kettle like a civilized person.

thefit

The cup when microwaved gives off cancer causing chemicals. You've been eating cup of cancer all along.

Dicer

Banned
There's often metal under the paper lid. Microwaving it is a fire hazard. There's also the problem of using a microwave to boil water, which leads to super-heating and a scalding hazard.

I think once you put water into a cup-o-noodles, it's no longer purified.

I imagine he's quite safe...

waxer

Never heard of microwaving them. But then in countries lacking electric kettles this doesn't amaze me either

i usually eat those wider noodle bowls with the spicy shrimp variety that you add water too and then microwave after pourimg the seasoning in. it has more flavor than nissan cup noodles.

51a%2Bt-t5n0L._SX425SX425_SY352_CR,0,0,425,352_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY352_CR,0,0,425,352_SH20_.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Microwaving styrofoam sounds like a terrible idea. Follow the directions and pour hot water in.

Kirye

I was told the warning before, and I tried using hot water but it just didn't taste the same so I went back to microwaving.

Some smoke to get their cancer, I microwave Maruchans like once a week.

Resilient

yo when you guys make pasta youre supposed to put the water and pasta in then put the stove on right my mum usually does it for me tho so i duno

Is this the beginning of the great Kettle vs Microwave debate?

Ape

Banned
I could probably sell my microwave if I don't use it for my cup of noodles.

What I'm reading is that the Styrofoam melts? That's never happened to me. Not yet at least...

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Yeah, you don't want to microwave styrofoam. It's not good for you.

UFO

Banned
and there's a warning on it that says "do not microwave"? wtf? how else are you supposed to eat this shit. I've had literally millions of these and i think I'm fine. am i the only one to not notice this apparent health warning?

You've boiled water in microwaved styrofoam and eaten out of it millions of times? Might want to go see a doctor....

KarmaCow

Your supposed to put hot water in it and let it settle till the noodles are cooked.

I don't know anyone to do it this way though.

I have never used a microwave for instant ramen type stuff, especially the Cup Noodles type because it usually comes in styrofoam which would probably kill you if you breathed in the fumes after microwaving it.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
No, no it doesn't.

Before today I never realised so many people don't use a kettle for their instant noodles.
Not all of us are British.

cameron

How do you not read the directions? It usually states to fill the cup with boiling water.

It would be awesome if microwaving the cups caused people to become infertile.

v1lla21

You're supposed to pour the hot water into it. Lol.

I put them in the micro only if I'm at work. But I rarely eat a cup of noodles there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom