• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chavo Kart announced for PS3 and Xbox 360

Fewr

Espero que uno de los poderes de La Chilindrina sea desorientar al resto con su llanto WUAAAA WUAAAAA WUAAAAAAA
she's not in the game. At least I don't think she is.

The actress somehow got the rights to the character if I remember correctly, and that's why she's not in the animated series nor here. The actress recently did the voice for vanellope in the wreck it ralph film by the way.

daripad

We should have a latin american thread. If there are threads for uk, germany, japan, etc we deserve one too. It would be fun.

About the gameplay video, it looks terrible. I don't know how they managed to put that price on it. I'd be all out supporting the latin american industry if it weren't for the bad games they keep releasing.

Al cabo que ni queria.

hqdefault.jpg
This thread is back, and it's amazing.

CamHostage

For a licensed game, it certainly looks better than I expected. Good graphics and framerate, some nice animation work to give the drivers character. We've seen some dreadful licensed kart racers over the years and they were all easy to spot from a second of video, but I'm not seeing problems yet outside of maybe some questionable handling that I'd have to play to see if it was badly done or just arcadey and balanced by its own rules.

...Not $40-better than I was expecting, but maybe $30?

I was wondering, as others have in this thread, if this was maybe a redo of a previous game's engine? But the developer (Effecto Studios, in Colombia) is its own entity and contains guys from Immersion Studios (the semi-promising but now gone studio behind the CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars tech demo/game.) Could be that they licensed the F1 Racers engine, but then there's supposedly a Vita version and Codemasters didn't do that platform with its own game. Either way, good on them for putting effort into something that would otherwise be treated as junkware.

FYI, Efecto also has a few prototypes in the works, including an arcade-style StreetRacer for PC/Tablets that looks a little like Burnout (...maybe more like Asphalt) and another game where you play as a realistic spider in a tree. They also launched an iPhone game called Grabbity.

STREETRACER
http://vimeo.com/81426472

ARANEA
http://www.efectostudios.com/?p=21
AraneaGame_630_4.png

410658445_640.jpg

(this one, I like a lot and want to see completed!)

CamHostage

Yeah, I really like the spider Aranea concept. Strategy and puzzling and platforming all in one... plus swinging, I love games with swinging! Reminds me of stuff that used to be viable like that Wii scorpion game, I'd love it if in the downloadable market those cool little b-grade off-brand titles can catch an audience with the kids these days.

The demo is a year-and-a-half old though, I'm not sure where the team is in developing it out fully. But with their first major product done and on shelves, maybe this project is one they might pick up again.

BTW, still no impressions of El Chavo Kart? No Amazon or english-language reviews, but I found two Spanish-language reviews, one a 5 and the other an 8.

http://www.levelup.com/PlayStation-3/reviews/37743/El-Chavo-Kart/
http://atomix.vg/2014/02/21/review-el-chavo-kart/

...I'm not sure why I care, I won't be buying this, but I do wish the developer well as I think there's talent and ambition there.

JDSN

Banned
Cool, Colombian-made, I was totally jelly to see that Kerbal was chilean-made, good to see some representation and the spider game looks great.

Almost as bad as Chayanne dubbing Flynn in Tangled, ugh.

Meet me somewhere motherfucker! Chayanne is GOAT.

Platy

This thread is hilarious.

Almost as bad as Chayanne dubbing Flynn in Tangled, ugh.

They had a crap choice for Flynn in your country too ?

In Brazil they choose a tv host with no acting skills that rumors says that he recorded all his work (from reading to acting) in a few hours

JDSN

Banned
They had a crap choice for Flynn in your country too ?

In Brazil they choose a tv host with no acting skills that rumors says that he recorded all his work (from reading to acting) in a few hours

Nah, Chayanne was good, the lady doing the voice of rapunzel was amazing tho. Animation voice acting is one of the few things that I think Latin America gets consistently right, going as far to prefer it ocasionally to certain Hollywood productions and their stun casting. Which is why using la Chilindrina was such a shitty uninspired choice that almost ruined the movie for me.

Garcia

No manches, ¿cómo crees? y ¿está bueno el juego?

What the heck, LOL. That came out of fucking nowhere!

We should have a latin american thread. If there are threads for uk, germany, japan, etc we deserve one too. It would be fun.

+1, we need this.

Platy

Oh brazilians, you and your complex that everything in Brasil is the BIGGEST EVER in the world, it doesn't help that so many times it's true :p, but yeah El Chavo is huge in the spanish speaking countries of Latinamerica, easily on par or bigger than Brasil.

Captain America Winter Soldier notes :

Spain :
5pI4oqJ.jpg

Mexico :
TSyZI8f.jpg

BRAZIL :
weseJZi.jpg

WHICH ONE HAS EL CHAVO ???

BRAZIL WINS !
(Chaves = El Chave brazilian name)

Ashtar

Wow I remember Chavo (I thought it was called Chavo de ocho though) from my childhood, it was on peurto rican tv. Crazy to think they made a game of it

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It cracks me the fuck up to imagine Steve Rogers checking out Xuxa, Mamonas and Chaves. :lol Love it.

mantidor

Captain America Winter Soldier notes :

Spain :
http://i.imgur.com/5pI4oqJ.jpg[IMG]

Mexico :
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TSyZI8f.jpg[IMG]

BRAZIL :
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/weseJZi.jpg[IMG]

WHICH ONE HAS EL CHAVO ???

BRAZIL WINS !
(Chaves = El Chave brazilian name)[/QUOTE]

hahaha how long did you wait for this? :D

I'm surprised to see Shakira, and other stuff, and more surprised movies were doing localization at this level, I used to think only Disney did it.

Wait, is Captain America from Marvel? bought by Disney? because it would make so much sense heh.

HardRojo

I'm surprised to see Shakira, and other stuff, and more surprised movies were doing localization at this level, I used to think only Disney did it.

Wait, is Captain America form Marvel? bought by Disney? because it would make so much sense heh.

Yep, Disney owns Marvel.

I haven't watched the movie yet, now that I know they localize stuff to this level I won't watch it in theaters and will wait for the US Bluray version, I hate this stuff.
Peruvian here btw.

Platy

Haha didn't waited ... but when I saw the list with every one and noticed the lack of El Chavo in mexico it INSTANTLY reminded me of this thread

Yep, Disney owns Marvel.

I haven't watched the movie yet, now that I know they localize stuff to this level I won't watch it in theaters and will wait for the US Bluray version, I hate this stuff.
Peruvian here btw.

It is the only scene like this and it is on screen for like 5 seconds.

AmanoBuff

Holy shit this is real! Game of the forever!

¡No contaban con mi astucia!

If they make Don Ramón a DLC I'm gonna be so pissed.

Owwari

Banned
Wow.
Se me viene el sentimiento al ver un juego del -fucking- Chavo del Ocho en consolas como la PS3 jajaja. Crecí viendo el Chavo aunque a mis viejos no le gustaste jajaja, es que es tan simpático el pendejo.

ElFly

I completely get the Chavo hate. The show recycles jokes way much more than other chespirito sketches. Then when they change actors, sometimes they remade old episodes with the new cast.

Besides, el Chavo was way too preachy. It got tiring.

El Chapulin was much funnier, changing everything from episode to episode, and yeah, these were shows that relied on Chespirito saying the same ten phrases in the exact same cadence every episode, but Chapulin was waaaay better than Chavo.

Y alguien tiene detalles o sabe algo sobre cuando va a salir este juego en PC ??

Yes, i know is out on PS3/360 but I don't play console games :p

Roo

Wow.
Se me viene el sentimiento al ver un juego del -fucking- Chavo del Ocho en consolas como la PS3 jajaja. Crecí viendo el Chavo aunque a mis viejos no le gustaste jajaja, es que es tan simpático el pendejo.

Dejó de ser gracioso después de repetir el mismo episodio 45 veces e_e

Top Bottom