• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mexico response to GOP: You tax, we tax. The US is the one that needs help with drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about the 2% tax

El presidente de la Comisión de Relaciones Exteriores de la Cámara de Diputados, Víctor Manuel Giorgana Jiménez, adelantó que ante la propuesta del legislador republicano, Mike Rogers de gravar con el 2 por ciento de impuesto las remesas de los mexicanos para construir el muro, los legisladores mexicanos preparan otra iniciativa para cobrarle impuestos a las utilidades que generan las empresas estadounidenses en nuestro país y que anualmente suman 20 mil millones de pesos.

The president of the Foreign Relationship Commission in [house] in Mexico, warned that after the Mike Rogers proposal to tax with a 2% all of the monies outbound from the USA to Mexico in order to build a wall, Mexican policy makers are preparing an initiative to tax the utilities generated by american companies in [Mexico] which add up to 20 Billion Pesos (1 Billion USD)

Talking about drugs:

”Apreciamos esa ayuda, pero queremos también espacios para ayudarles a los americanos, ustedes saben que del opio se obtiene la heroína y que los americanos son los principales consumidores de heroína, que sí vamos a aceptar la ayuda siempre y cuando vayamos a ayudarles a que el consumo que ellos tienen de heroína disminuya notablemente".

"We appreciate the help, but we also want spaces to help Americans. You know that heroin is madre from opium and that Americans are the main consumer of heroin. We can give help in reducing that consumption.

Couldn't find english source
http://www.informador.com.mx/econom...alizan-gravar-ganancias-de-empresas-de-eu.htm

Is this about a sequel to Smuggle Truck? I'm trying to figure out the game with the best parallel here. Rampart, maybe?
Edit: Okay. It got moved.

caliph95

Let's pray he's not taking tips from Gandhi.
5f9.jpg

wandering

Banned
If nothing else, watching other countries taking shots at the Trump administration has been pretty entertaining.

Wait, does this mean I'm a.... c u c k?

:eek:

Cess007

I love that they actually go and clarify that Mexico won't let a single Mexican (living here or in USA) pay a cent for that wall

weekev

Banned
lol at the heroin paragraph. Trumps tweet will be along the lines of "the only reason America has a drug problem is because of the Mexicans bringing it in! Sad!"

9/10 republicans wouldn't read that again since they only trust the Trump administration.

Fun fact: I was talking about DeVos and how she had no education experience and when I was asked for a source I said it's common knowledge. I was told this was fake. I hate the future.

liquidtmd

Banned
Fun fact: I was talking about DeVos and how she had no education experience and when I was asked for a source I said it's common knowledge. I was told this was fake. I hate the future.

'Dude of course she's got education experience, she's totally been to high school'

Countries caught on kick to his bullshit. Makes those industry leaders going to Trump tower to kiss his ring looks like a bunch of morons.

liquidtmd

Banned
Countries caught on kick to his bullshit. Makes those industry leaders going to Trump tower to kiss his ring looks like a bunch of morons.

I wouldn't put too much venom on them going in the early days / weeks of a new administration to be diplomatic.

The dust is settling now though. If they keep going then I think the morons will show their true colours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom