• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron." New action game from Ignition Ent.

Haunted

Backgrounds look like abstract concept art. Will need to see this in motion, but I'm getting a LOVE vibe from some of these.

Also, Bluejeans under toilet wrap armour? :lol Love it.

So your this guy with an awesome/crazy fashion sense that was chosen by the gods to be a hero? And you go around literally beating the clothes off your enemies?

I'm in.

robor

It looks reeeeeeaaaallly cool but the gameplay is the main concern here, it looks kinda.............Super Devil May Bros.? I want this game to be awesome......please be awesome.

maybe shadows are placeholder. considering the mish mash of styles (which i don't like at all) it's pretty hard creating a real time shadow system that blends together with those different enviroments.

BlueWord

Witchfinder General said:
Looks great and I know the game is early, but...

1) Circle shadows

2) Aliasing

Fix those two things and the game will look perfect.

One of the first things I noticed, as well. I think it might be a stylistic choice... or a hardware limitation. I don't know, it doesn't look too bad. :/

Looks gorgeous to me. Reminds me of Marco Polo:

2d2dssy.png

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Cool beans. It's coming to Amelika and Yuropi courtesy of Ignition Entetainment in 2011.

An adventure that transcends Heaven and Earth to grace the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™ in 2011

LONDON and GLENDALE, Calif., June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- UTV Ignition Entertainment has been very pleased to see the global support and interest in our upcoming title El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron following its recent Japanese debut. We are now proud to announce the game for both the North America and Europe gaming markets.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron is a 3rd person fantasy action title inspired by events in the Old Testament, in particular the apocryphal 'Book of Enoch'. Enoch, a brave and just human, is caught up in a pivotal battle raging between Heaven and the Fallen Angels. Though lacking their monstrous powers, he must overcome the Fallen Angels in order to save humankind from a great flood ordered by Heaven to wash away their twisted empire on Earth. In order to succeed, he must use his natural combat skills and master a range of powerful Heavenly weapons under the guidance of four watchful Archangels. Heaven's true wild card is Lucifel, the enigmatic red-eyed angel, who is always in Enoch's ear with a word of advice and a line in dry wit. The tale combines adventure, humor, and horror, along with breathtaking beauty and heart-tugging emotion.

We are taking enormous care to ensure that the game is presented in a manner that preserves its creators' vision so that, no matter who plays the game or where they are from, this unique creative impulse shines through. We are sure that El Shaddai will capture the imagination of gamers, just as it has captivated the 100-plus strong team who has spent the last few years bringing it to life.

Our Tokyo-based studio has amassed a hugely talented and visionary team, headed by Sawaki Takeyasu (Game Director, Character Designer) and Masato Kimura (Producer), both of whom have experience of bringing stunning games to market, with credits including Devil May Cry, Okami and Viewtiful Joe. They have been working diligently to create something truly original and iconic for the gaming community in El Shaddai. "When developing this title, it was imperative that we give these immensely talented game designers total artistic freedom," says Ignition Entertainment Chairman Hassan Sadiq. "And they have truly risen to the occasion by forging an adventure that combines a compelling, universally relatable story line with deep gameplay and a uniquely expressive visual style."

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron will be available for Xbox 360™ and PlayStation®3 in 2011, and Ignition Entertainment will be sharing further information directly following our official unveiling at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles next week.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Wow, this game came out of nowhere and it looks really cool. I don't know if anyone has ever read the book of Enoch, but it's rife with fantasy type settings. I don't know how closely the game follows the book, but it's a great story that was unfortunately left out of most Bibles - I think it's still in Ethiopian Bibles. In either case, the graphics look amazing and I'm glad someone is finally making something based on Biblical/Hebrew stories in a brighter light. Everyone always shows the dark side with demons and what not, so it's cool that they're showing a more heavenly/angelic side.

yencid said:
new thread
i'm not sure if you're saying make a new thread or one already exists (google search only shows this and one other regarding a trailer) but I don't see why the famitsu article is thread-worthy. just some new and brief impressions.

Rabbitwork said:
i'm not sure if you're saying make a new thread or one already exists (google search only shows this and one other regarding a trailer) but I don't see why the famitsu article is thread-worthy. just some new and brief impressions.
It's advisable to make a new thread given the time frame between this thread and this news.

Gaaraz

Reviewed today on GameCentral, 7/10 but sounds ace:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/874516-el-shaddai-ascension-of-the-metatron-review-heaven-on-earth

In Short: One of the most beautiful video games ever made and if the gameplay isn't quite as angelic it's perfectly righteous in its own way.

Pros: Stunning art design, with a grace and variety that is truly unique in gaming. Solid combat with interesting tactics. Ambitious if muddled storytelling.

Cons: Uneven pacing and often trivial combat on easy or normal difficulties. Poor camera placement in 3D platforming sections. Mediocre voice work.

Jacobi

Banned
I've pretty much played through it and it's definitely one of my favorite game this year.
Not only does it have the most pretty graphics I've ever seen, it does have fabulous artwork and is also a pretty competent Jump'n'Run.

I'd definitely recommend it to everyone and I can't wait to try it out on mushrooms...

Top Bottom