• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron." New action game from Ignition Ent.

Sibylus

Banned
Witchfinder General said:
If God is the final boss wouldn't he have three forms?

Think about it.
Form 1: Tall, pale white hippy who turns into a zombie.
Form 2: Invisible ghost who makes you babble, run into walls and gives you the shits.
Form 3: Dishevelled lunatic who opens up cracks in the earth, spawns nightmare-fuel equines, nukes yo Babylon, etc.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Botolf said:
Form 1: Tall, pale white hippy who turns into a zombie.
Form 2: Invisible ghost who makes you babble, run into walls and gives you the shits.
Form 3: Dishevelled lunatic who opens up cracks in the earth, spawns nightmare-fuel equines, nukes yo Babylon, etc.

Bingo. He'd probably swap his elemental resistance every form. Cheap bastard.

Bloodrage

Banned
2rh7fgn.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Gomu Gomu said:
They have a development studio? Neat. Have they done something in the past?
Nope. Apparently, it's the studio's first game. This is pretty neat looking first game, too.

My heart is darkclots, Leap year is late
How did you get here, Ask all but the babe
From a Christ that went hissing Constricting his cells
We summon by candle by book and by bell

Glossolalia coats my skin
Glycerin and the turbulence
stuffed the voice inside of God
Mirrors to the animals

The sermon goes mourning, Pricking it's hail
Slothful the child, That preys on the seed
Shall behead the drought, Wound under sleeves
I hope you have room, In a thicket of vines

Give me a moment, To clean what you've stole
The streets will hang high, Stretch ribs and let taste
We'll cover the smell with silver nitrate
Mending the cuts of your prosthetic faith

Glossolalia coats my skin Glycerin and the turbulence Stuffed the voice inside of God Mirrors to the animals.

Tetragrammaton :)

Hmm... not sure if want. I like the look of it, though.

Poimandres said:
Great concept, sure to get religious sorts up in arms.

Or weirdo militant Athiests. This is GAF, after all.

If God is the final boss wouldn't he have three forms?

Think about it.

Bingo. He'd probably swap his elemental resistance every form. Cheap bastard.

Open Source said:
Soundtrack by Amy Grant?

:lol :lol

Tonza

The main character looks like a male version of Tia Harribel from Bleach. The environments look like Hueco Mundo too.

Im pretty intrigued. Hopefully we'll see it in action during E3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Bloodrage said:
2rh7fgn.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Looks like he's wearing a pair of jeans with a pearly white bra and toiler paper wraps.

manzo

2rh7fgn.jpg

That has to be one of the worst main character designs I've seen in a JRPG. :lol

Modern day jeans under the armor?

Edit: beaten by 2 posters! :lol

Valcryst

Neo Member
Surgeon Rocket said:
Directed by Sawaki Takeyasu, who did design work for Devil May Cry and Okami.

I stopped reading here, they already sold a copy.

Looking forward to the first (and the last I'll watch) gameplay video!

WYWY

Read the Famitsu article. Apparently they are basing it on the Book of Enoch, and are following it closely.

Origin of Book of Enoch:

The Book of Enoch is considered non-canonical by both the Jews (Judaism) and Christians. It is proposed that Judaism rejects it because it prophecies about Christ. Christians consider it non-canonical because it a nutshell, there isn't sufficient evidence for it to be considered canonical. (All writings that go into the Bible is subjected to a surprising amount of scrutinity.) Popular opinion is that it is a fictional work in the late BC period based off bits of other writings.

(spoilers aplenty below - but the knowledge is available in the public domain anyway)

The Book's story:

In a nutshell, a group of angels named the Watchers were supposed to watch over men. But they lusted after the daughters of man, and 200 of them descended to take wives for themselves and have sexual intercourse. They led mankind into corruption, fornification and all manners of evil. By God's judgement they were cast into the darkness, and the Great Flood was sent to wipe out all their evil offsprings (monstrosities) and all men that chose their ways. 10% of them were allowed to remain in the world as disembodied spirits to test the sons of man - and are then named "demons". But they shall be cast into the fire in the Final Day. The Book ends with prophecies of the coming of Christ and the Final Days.

In the book, the man Enoch plays the role of a witness of the events, prophecises of the Final Days, and warns Noah of the coming Flood.

The game's story (according to Fami):

Seems to follow the Book of Enoch closely, but omits the sexual intercourse part. In this interpretation Enoch is presented as a somewhat angelic entity (info unclear), and is the one tasked with the mission of casting the fallen angels into the darkness.

For more info do a search on Wikipedia for Book of Enoch.

Been waiting years for a nice looking cel shaded adventure game for HD consoles. It kinda reminds me of a 90's anime. More games like this are a welcome.

Are Gods the new Zombies?

Gorgon

Host Samurai said:
Been waiting years for a nice looking cel shaded adventure game for HD consoles. It kinda reminds me of a 90's anime. More games like this are a welcome.

Are Gods the new Zombies?

The game looks more like it will be more of a fighting game like Devil May Cry/Bayoneta/Whatever than an actual "adventure" or even Action/Adventure game. Which is a shame because I kind of like what I'm seying pretty much. But as with most everything else in this gaming industry, I'm bracing myself to yeat another disappointment and missed opportunity. I hope the secret Mikami/Suda 51's game for EA delivers with the cool visuals and crazy game concepts though (fucking wish EA would reveal that shit this E3).

Einbroch

Banned
Odrion said:
I like the character design. I dunno about the jeans, maybe there's a story behind that.
When interacting with the normal folks, his armor transforms into a white t-shirt.

White t-shirt + jeans = normal look.

It's stupid, but it can explain it.

Cdammen

Now this is a great use of this generations GPUs! This has a really distinct style. Dunno if the game will be any good but wow at the graphics :D

The environments look incredible. But that main character really looks stupid. I can ignore the lame look of the jeans under that mess. But it looks like he is wearing a toilet-paper outfit. With a TP bra to boot.

Top Bottom