• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring began to receive updates on Steam. Shadow of the Erdtree Announcement likely imminent

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I want it, but I also want it without every freaking influencer, blogger, journalist, reviewer, or pop culture celeb making videos about their playthrough of it. I own the Overture book about the Stress Test. While it was cool to see content from it. I realized how I didn’t give myself the opportunity to see things for myself. While I don’t or shouldn’t care. I’d much rather have this stealth drop then see it exploited to the point where the excitement is some buzzword by someone else. I don’t remember paying any attention when the Dark Souls DLC came out.

I love the community getting together and discovering all the game has to offer. I’m also kinda tired of the massive exploit just to cash in on being a reviewer. lol if that makes any sense. It gets old after a while.

SantaC

Not by much, weapons like Blasphemous still very strong against most bosses.
Just a top of my head

Flames of redmane
Moonveil
Rivers of blood
Falling star beast jaw
Horfrost stomp
Cragblade
Swarn of flies
Sword Of Night And Flame
Mimic tear
Bleed in general
Stagger was also nerfed in general

All PvE nerf

Blasphemous blade is a mid to late game weapon...it is not something that you carry you from a start.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just a top of my head

Flames of redmane
Moonveil
Rivers of blood

Falling star beast jaw
Horfrost stomp
Cragblade
Swarn of flies
Sword Of Night And Flame
Mimic tear
Bleed in general
Stagger was also nerfed in general

All PvE nerf

Blasphemous blade is a mid to late game weapon...it is not something that you carry you from a start.
Moonveil and Rivers of Blood still very strong, in fact I would say they still too strong.....Mimic Tear is understandable, that just way too OP.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This will be huge.
I just replayed Dark Souls 3 + all dlc and it's so good... although ringed city does have some bs swamp areas and so on. but the gael fight oh man

Danjin44

elden-ring-melina.gif

I will be waiting...
the-rock-dwayne-johnson.gif

Hohenheim

Can you uncap the frames on PC yet?
There's a very good mod called "Elden Ring FPS unlock and more" which lets you set the framerate. I use that, along with a mod that removes ALL shader stuttering.
Also added a reshade brightness mod that makes the game pop and look so much more alive and dynamic.
Now playing in 165fps in 4K, ultra smooth and beautiful.
A huge upgrade from the ps5 and xbox versions which I played earlier.

MikeM

There's a very good mod called "Elden Ring FPS unlock and more" which lets you set the framerate. I use that, along with a mod that removes ALL shader stuttering.
Also added a reshade brightness mod that makes the game pop and look so much more alive and dynamic.
Now playing in 165fps in 4K, ultra smooth and beautiful.
A huge upgrade from the ps5 and xbox versions which I played earlier.
Ah ok. I think the wife may have gotten me ER for Christmas on PS5. Ah well

Kataploom

Gold Member
I just got Elden Ring on sale but have to put it back for a couple months, this year I've played too many souslikes including Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 and even if I want more and more, I rather keep some self control, those games are just too addictive to me and love them so much I'm actively trying to avoid future burn out

S0ULZB0URNE

I may hold off on playing it on PS5 until the Pro comes out. Should bring it to a flat 60fps.
It's poorly optimized on everything but PS4 via PS5 ☹️
You could go that route or use VRR with the PS5 version.
I wouldn't wait regardless game is incredible.

Hohenheim

Last time I checked the PC version still had stutter issues.
I watch chase the bro on YouTube and I'm pretty sure he's PC.
Just install the "stutter fix"mod on Nexus mods, and it will be butter smooth. It's obviously a shame that we need mods to fix it, but it takes one minute to fix. Very easy.
It seems like it's a CPU multi core problem. When multi cores are enabled the performance gets worse. The mod fixes it so we don't need to manually adjust.
AC6 didn't have any of these problems (and did not have a 60fps limit),so im optimistic that ER was the last From game with these kind of issues.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Its clear by now the the expansion is not coming out in Feb.....most games that are coming out in Feb already have proper gameplay trailer.

Meanwhile the only thing we have from Shadow of the Erdtree is this image.
0x0.jpg

These rumours so far are have been total lies......
giphy.gif

Top Bottom