• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring - So what class did you go with?

Which did you decide on?

• Total voters

Hinedorf

Banned
Take your time. Level up. Don't be afraid to farm areas for a couple of hours and invest in vigor/strength/faith.
-Only way I beat Sekiro was turning off the music, didn't occur to me until I was just playing while watching TV one day

Very much this......I love my confessor but you really need to take time to get that vigor up, starting to question in interest in Faith as it's not effective enough it seems in the boss fights but op against minions, feeling like boss fights are turning me into a tanky fighting non mage which makes me feel severely under equipped, clearly need to git gooder

Last edited:

Graciaus

Samurai since I like to 2h a katana for a first playthrough on Souls games.

In 10 hours two full map clears I don't have that much equipment honestly. Usually you are swimming in gear by now.

Malachai

Same, then I found a twin blade weapon and can't use it yet. I pumped up my levels in endurance and strength and my dex is still low. I may restart with a samurai. I always play quality builds and a big two handed sword. Maybe try something new.
Think I'm gonna stick with Hero and still level Str/Dex. Upgraded the Greatsword you find early on to +1 so hopefully i'll now be able to put some dents in the mini bosses I've found 😀

Samurai because I loved Nioh 1, even named my character William Adams and tried to recreate him in the editor... tried...
I guess I am just not skilled enough to recreate that handsome man. Played 2 hours so far and like the game.

Yoboman

Im Old Snake the Vagabond

9t11Kwn.jpg

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Prophet. Regretted it in the beginning because the first hours were so fucking difficult, but I love spears and healing buffs so I carried on. Life's been much easier now that I've acquired pyromancy and upgraded my spear. Having a real blast so far.

Last edited:
I don't know what I am doing with samurai went 20 streghth only to realize u should go full dex on it , I really don't like 2h swordplay so I'm playing with a 100 physical block sheild which is working for me since I've defeated 2 story boses

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
havnt started it yet, but I always like playing games as an archer, is that a viable role in soul games?

R6Rider

Gold Member
havnt started it yet, but I always like playing games as an archer, is that a viable role in soul games?
Bows in Dark Souls 3 (the one I used bows in the most) are great. You had normal and great bows there, but either way bows were super fun to play and completely viable.

I haven't used a bow in ER yet, but I'm assuming they play mostly the same. There's generally two types of normal bows too: Short bows (faster firing, shorter range, less damage) and long bows (slower firing, longer range, more damage).

So if you want to go a class starting with a bow there is the Bandit (short bow) and Samurai (long bow).

Mozzarella

Vagabond for first playthrough as usual, quality build allows me to use most of the arsenal the game offers.
In my next playthroughs i will go magic and faith builds. I will roleplay more, perhaps assassins too.

BTW: Can we respec builds and change classes?

Last edited:

nivix

Neo Member
Confessor, I'm doing a "helpful healer" for my first class to help out my friends if and when they want help. Did that with Dark Souls 3 and it was useful having the extra group heals. My second playthrough I'll probably do something with an exotic weapon, like that twin blade, maybe.

Top Bottom