• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls VI should take place in Alinor and take influence from JC's Avatar

SteveWD40

....I actually want Black Marsh next...

Firstpostnailsit.meme

Black Marsh would be amazing, travel via giant worms, bugs that eat flesh, just horrific environment that would be a bitch to survive in.

It will be High Rock though, so they can go all Game of Thrones with it (much like Oblivion threw away all the talk of Cyrodill being almost tropical and made it into LOTR Land).

Rashid

Banned
You don't care much for the lore of the games, I take it? Though really, if you have played Oblivion and Skyrim at least for a couple of hours, you quickly realize they are set in the same world, different provinces.

I only played Oblivion for a couple of hours and never played Skyrim. I might try Oblivion now though again.

bump

I've been replaying Skyrim since friday morning. I got the Complete Edition for 40$ (along with God of War Origins for 10$ !). The game is still as good two years later. Better, even, as I had stopped playing before they started adding content with the patches.

While I love Skyrim as a place, replaying the game has only solidifed my opinion that the next game should take place in a completely different environment, with hella more colors. I wouldn't have changed anything in Skyrim, as it needed to have cold colors and an all-around northern feel. But the next game needs to be the complete opposite. I want bright warm colors. I want floating mountains, lush forests, sparkling water and rainbows. Double rainbows, even.

Just look at this. Tell me this doesn't look like an something out of Elder Scrolls.

disney-boat-avatar_large_verge_super_wide.jpg

avatar-flowers-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Avatar-est-il-vraiment-le-n-1-du-box-office.jpg

Avatar,%20%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0,%20%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%B8,%20%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8B,%20%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%8E%D1%89%D0%B8%D0%B5,%20%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0,%20%D0%B4%D0%B6%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B8,%203641x2048.jpg

I'd very much like to have more opinions on this. What say you, Gaf ?

Camp Lo

Banned
Make it anywhere, just take out the fucking fast travels though I'd love to be in a jungle environment like that ^^

Make it anywhere, just take out the fucking fast travels though I'd love to be in a jungle environment like that ^^

Well they will never completely take out fast travel. It's too handy and too many people would complain, to the point that it would affect sales. However, what if they put it a "hardcore" mode, just as in New Vegas, in which the player has to eat, drink and sleep, and with absent fast travel ? I would play this mode. It's completely optional but is there to satisfy the super-fans.

demidar

Well they will never completely take out fast travel. It's too handy and too many people would complain, to the point that it would affect sales. However, what if they put it a "hardcore" mode, just as in New Vegas, in which the player has to eat, drink and sleep, and with absent fast travel ? I would play this mode. It's completely optional but is there to satisfy the super-fans.

A game with fast travel designed around it won't work very well if you take fast travel away. I would be okay with the rest of the stuff though (eat, drink, sleep), maybe then food will actually be useful besides increasing your alchemy skill.

As to the next Elder Scrolls taking place in something like Pandora, that would necessitate the use of a levitation spell, or something to that effect. *nudge nudge*

Although I would also accept Akavir as a location as well.

A game with fast travel designed around it won't work very well if you take fast travel away.

I would take Morrowind-style fast-travel that has the player talk to specific people offering traveling services to the big cities. That's what I want. The thing I want to get rid of is popping up the menu anytime and going anywhere you want. This would work; it's how it was in Morrowind, after all.

demidar

I would take Morrowind-style fast-travel that has the player talk to specific people offering traveling services to the big cities. That's what I want. The thing I want to get rid of is popping up the menu anytime and going anywhere you want. This would work; it's how it was in Morrowind, after all.

Ah yes, I would be fine with Morrowind's style of fast travel. I've always been against Skyrim's style of fast travel, destroys the sense of the world in my opinion.

bump

Now that Fallout 4 is out and it is devoid of the piss filter that plagued the last two Fallout games, it gives me even more hope that the next Elder Scrolls will have warm and bright colors everywhere. And I still very much want the game to take place in Alinor and look like James Cameron's Avatar. Also, by the time the game comes out, some of the Avatar sequels should already be out, which would be great for marketing, as the game could surf on the popularity of that world.

Auctopus

Just look at this. Tell me this doesn't look like an something out of Elder Scrolls.

It really doesn't, it looks like something from Xenoblades.

I don't even wanna hear a whisper about the setting for the next TES until Bethesda sort out a new engine for themselves first.

CloudWolf

Nah man, Black Marsh or Elsweyr.

It'll probably be Hammerfell or High Rock tho, since those are the most boring/easy to create provinces.

EDIT: Forgot about High Rock.

Freeman76

I think they really need to think hard about what to do next. I really enjoyed Skyrim, as a fan of their games it will be hard for them to top that. I found with Fallout 4 it just all feels to familiar and it put me off, thats more my issue I know, and hopefully their next ES game will have plenty of fresh ideas in the mix.

camac002

Yep, I got into this series because of the "alien" look of parts of Morrowind and while I like the games that came after, I was never satisfied with the stock standard human stone castle fantasy aesthetic. Summerset/Alinor or any of the less generic areas would be welcome.

I am way too hyped for the next Elder Scrolls game and you guys weren't helping in 2013 when this thread first appeared and this bump isn't helping either :p

Great ideas. I'd love to see a ton of lush color or at least variety in the environment in the next ES. And yes, the amount of color in FO4 indeed gives me hope.

Lakitu

st5fu
I too am hoping it's Hammerfell. I'd love to see them do it justice. How awesome would it be to discover a gigantic Arabian city by the coast near the Alik'r Desert.

I'm bored of Tamriel and its races already. How about switching continents, for example Akavir. It has no humans as they were all eaten and no elf because they are pussies and the place is too badass for them. It has four races: snow demons, serpent-men (these motherfuckers apparently ate all humans from the continent), monkey-people (kindest race of this continent but many are also insane), tiger-dragons (cat-like people whose aim is to become dragons).

That's the best description of Akavir I've ever read lol

Also I just realized before Fallout 4 I would have thought if they did Hammerfell they would have to revamp their store/trading mechanics and it seems they already messed around with that briefly in FO4. I'm 98% convinced we're getting Hammerfell.

CrazyDude

bump

I've been replaying Skyrim since friday morning. I got the Complete Edition for 40$ (along with God of War Origins for 10$ !). The game is still as good two years later. Better, even, as I had stopped playing before they started adding content with the patches.

While I love Skyrim as a place, replaying the game has only solidifed my opinion that the next game should take place in a completely different environment, with hella more colors. I wouldn't have changed anything in Skyrim, as it needed to have cold colors and an all-around northern feel. But the next game needs to be the complete opposite. I want bright warm colors. I want floating mountains, lush forests, sparkling water and rainbows. Double rainbows, even.

Looks like something out of JRPG.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm bored of Tamriel and its races already. How about switching continents, for example Akavir. It has no humans as they were all eaten and no elf because they are pussies and the place is too badass for them. It has four races: snow demons, serpent-men (these motherfuckers apparently ate all humans from the continent), monkey-people (kindest race of this continent but many are also insane), tiger-dragons (cat-like people whose aim is to become dragons).

I know I'm quoting a really old post, but this actually sounds exciting. Suddenly, character creation decides whether you fit in with the populace or whether you're playing a survival horror game.

Skelter

Banned
bump

Wow, this looks WAY more like Xenoblade than Elder Scrolls now that I've actually had the time to play Xenoblade.

Top Bottom