• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elisa Maza or April O'Neil ?

cryptoadam

Banned
So after binging on Gargoyles on Disney+ I have to ask GAF, who is the better, hotter, cooler cartoon chick?

Elisa Maza the tough cop who accepts and befriends the monstrous Gargoyles, and has a sort of love affair with Goliath. She is also a POC and bad ass.

April the fiery red head who may or may not of had something with Raph. She is best known for her yellow jumpsuit that umm shows her assets.

So GAF who do you chose (or fap to :messenger_tears_of_joy:)

Nymphae

Banned
She is also a POC and bad ass

Wait a second. In a piece of Western media? From like 25 years ago? I thought those were the dark ages of unwoke content before the modern awakening? I have been told positive portrayals of females were a rarity, yet I seem to stumble across them nearly everywhere lol.

I really don't mean to make this a sticking point lol, it just got to me yesterday when I heard this girl say "X movie had a positive female role so I liked it", the very thought alone indicates she thinks there is a lack of that....somewhere.

GreyHorace

Never watched Gargoyles sadly. Only watched the pilot on VHS, so I barely remember what kind of character Elisa was.

April O'Neil in the cartoon was a bit of a airhead, however in the comics she was a sexy lady and a well developed character to boot.

tmnt-14-1988.jpg

ExpandKong

Banned
Bang Elisa, marry April. Redheads are the real minority. Support redhead conservation efforts in your area today.

Wait a second. In a piece of Western media? From like 25 years ago? I thought those were the dark ages of unwoke content before the modern awakening? I have been told positive portrayals of females were a rarity, yet I seem to stumble across them nearly everywhere lol.

I really don't mean to make this a sticking point lol, it just got to me yesterday when I heard this girl say "X movie had a positive female role so I liked it", the very thought alone indicates she thinks there is a lack of that....somewhere.

I love it.

“Men don’t go see female action movies”

- Elizabeth Banks, like a year after Captain Marvel fucking made a billion dollars and three or four years after Wonder Woman became the most universally enjoyed movie in the DCCU and about 20 years after the last movies in the franchise she co-opted turned a profit.

April, you godless heathen.

IgSNT7j.jpg

Actually, now I look her up, I'm pretty certain April must have been patient zero for my life long love of stacked women with off the shoulder shorter hair cuts.

Feels kinda hard, don't think I've ever seen Gargoyles, but in some ways maybe Elisa Maza looks the most attractive, but on the other hand, it's April and my childhood as a Turtle fan pulls a lot of weight, and she's also got such a classic design and a more daring look and hair design. More so, a bit of the problem with screenshots of April is the art, which varies a lot and can seem a bit derpy. I guess perhaps a tie is the best I can accept.

Top Bottom