• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon's TMNT CGI cartoon: New Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE 3 is up, bout to read some more stuff so that I can make UPDATE 4 which is more about the viewing of this show in motion.

UPDATE 4 is up!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because this always happens?

GL:TAS? TRON? Transformers Prime? They ALL looked trash to me from promo shots designwise and that changes greatly when you actually see something in motion with the voice and everything.

And apparently people who are fans of the Turtles and have actually SEEN them in motion at this event say the same. "The crowd loved it, massive cheers and applause. The show looks really good in motion and the voice acting was good".

Just give it a chance is all I'm saying.

That's what they said about Power Rangers Samurai.

This is why I don't watch cartoons anymore. They're all turning to shit CG fests.

Actually CG cartoons are still pretty rare.

RSLAEV

I like the Turtle designs but really? making April a 14 year old girl? I watched the original 80s cartoon and I didn't seem to have a problem with April's age. This smells like some know-nothing executive forcing their ill-conceived idea on a property in order to leave their mark and justify their salary.

sky

Do not want that April...

I liked her being older. In addition to the hotness factor, it was more interesting because she was someone from the adult "regular" world who was crossing over in to the turtles' world.
The contrast made it interesting.

Boss Doggie

As a poster said before, might as well just pick up IDW's current run of TMNT. While it's a bit hokey in some spots, it's still very well done in comparison to this.

i cant believe i actually questioned whether or not kevin michael richardson voices one of the characters, because of course he does. that guy is in almost every animated anything.

edit:

As a poster said before, might as well just pick up IDW's current run of TMNT. While it's a bit hokey in some spots, it's still very well done in comparison to this.
the IDW run is actually really awesome. but its probably good to have some alternative takes on the franchise. the 80s cartoon and the 2003 cartoon are vastly different and some people actually manage to think the 80s one is better, so who knows?

and how do you know its well done in comparison to this? you havent even seen a single episode, have you?

MisterHero

Do not want that April...

I liked her being older. In addition to the hotness factor, it was more interesting because she was someone from the adult "regular" world who was crossing over in to the turtles' world.
The contrast made it interesting.
Being a reporter gave her something to do other than hang out.

There's nothing stopping Teen April from having some sort of occupation though. :p

Anyways, the character designs are growing on me. I didn't completely hate them, but now I think they're way better than 2K3 (except for Shredder perhaps). :p

Boss Doggie

Anyways, the character designs are growing on me. I didn't completely hate them, but now I think they're way better than 2K3 (except for Shredder perhaps). :p

Hell naw!

the IDW run is actually really awesome. but its probably good to have some alternative takes on the franchise. the 80s cartoon and the 2003 cartoon are vastly different and some people actually manage to think the 80s one is better, so who knows?

and how do you know its well done in comparison to this? you havent even seen a single episode, have you?

Probably because regardless of versions, somehow there's still a sense of consistency in them as far as stuff are concerned. Somehow seeing them do this gives me the bad vibes. It's not been too good to Nick aside from a few shows (see: Power Rangers Samurai after the much better RPM).

And of course 80's will be thought better - nostalgia factor.

Probably because regardless of versions, somehow there's still a sense of consistency in them as far as stuff are concerned. Somehow seeing them do this gives me the bad vibes. It's not been too good to Nick aside from a few shows (see: Power Rangers Samurai after the much better RPM).

And of course 80's will be thought better - nostalgia factor.

hmm. yes, thats true. (...in the good TMNT stuff)

id say im cautiously optimistic about the show at this point. i havent seen anything too awful yet.

also, the second half of my previous post came off kinda dickish, but i didnt mean it that way. i was just actually wondering if you HAD seen some footage.

smr00

Banned
"And Michelangelo.. the WILD ONE!"

They couldn't of just kept "The party dude"? I have mixed feeling about the visual style and i am not the biggest fan of the gap in don's teeth, it's not a deal breaker but it just seems like a stupid and unneeded change. It's like someone in the creative room was like ok.. so don is a nerd.. let's give him broken glasses with tape! in which someone replies man.. that's too 80s! kids today can't identify with that so lets just give him a gap in his teeth because terns had gapped buck teeth right?

I don't know.. as a turtle fan of over 25 years i have a lot of mixed emotions about this but i will give a shot.

Sanjuro

The classical theme overture is pretty awesome, didn't expect that.

Still, it's not really showing me much to judge it on yet. Robert Paulson returning is pretty fantastic though, was the highlight of the footage for me.

Boss Doggie

The classical theme overture is pretty awesome, didn't expect that.

Still, it's not really showing me much to judge it on yet. Robert Paulson returning is pretty fantastic though, was the highlight of the footage for me.

You know what other nick show remixed a "classic" theme and brought back an old actor? Power Rangers Samurai.

Sorry if I come so obnoxious, but I really hate shows whose main goal is to be using nostalgia as the only means to be good. PRS is a prime example and this one seems to be going for that angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom