• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Okay I was fine playing X3 with KB&M but ED I just can't..

I even put yaw left and right on my mouse X axis (i think) then switch roll left and roll right to Q and E. Thrusters still up/down/left/right on W/S/A/D. Can't figure out roll & pitch lol

Stuck on tutorial mission with supposedly equal faceoff..yea right heh

=D (inside =( )

Welp, I guess my Eagle has no business in these conflict zones. I am getting shredded. A few hits and my shields are done and hull destroyed. I didn't even get a shot off the second time. Is the Eagle that bad? Are others having better luck? What are these weapons that are doing so much fucking damage.

Guess I'll stick to bounty hunting.

owlbeak

Welp, I guess my Eagle has no business in these conflict zones. I am getting shredded. A few hits and my shields are done and hull destroyed. I didn't even get a shot off the second time. Is the Eagle that bad? Are others having better luck? What are these weapons that are doing so much fucking damage.

Guess I'll stick to bounty hunting.
I picked up an Eagle just for the conflict zones as a combat ship instead of my Adder and it's quite good. HOWEVER, once you are on your last layer of shields, GTFO. Once your shields are down, the Eagle is about as durable as wet toilet paper. Its advantage is speed and maneuverability and that's about it. So know when to retract your hardpoints (second layer of shields go down) and start charging your FSD.

I picked up an Eagle just for the conflict zones as a combat ship instead of my Adder and it's quite good. HOWEVER, once you are on your last layer of shields, GTFO. Once your shields are down, the Eagle is about as durable as wet toilet paper. Its advantage is speed and maneuverability and that's about it. So know when to retract your hardpoints (second layer of shields go down) and start charging your FSD.

Any tips for improving my life span? I'm still trying to figure out all the juggling necessary for effective combat, and I do have some upgrades in my Eagle, gimballed mounts, etc... But I don't even have a chance to get some shots off some times. I was noticing it yesterday too when messing with Vipers and whatever laser weapons they have would just tear through my shields. Considering the chore of getting into a system it's annoying to have to get right back out to repair.

owlbeak

Any tips for improving my life span? I'm still trying to figure out all the juggling necessary for effective combat, and I do have some upgrades in my Eagle, gimballed mounts, etc... But I don't even have a chance to get some shots off some times. I was noticing it yesterday too when messing with Vipers and whatever laser weapons they have would just tear through my shields. Considering the chore of getting into a system it's annoying to have to get right back out to repair.
Comes down to mostly experience as a pilot.I haven't had any gimballed weapons yet. I'm sure it helps, but my aim is pretty decent. In my eagle, I generally allocate my power to systems and weapons unless I need to close the gap on a target. Usually the AI will fly away from you (you give chase, shooting them the whole time) and turn towards you to make a head-on attack. When they do this, I switch off flight assist and thrust up/down out of their fire vector while being able to keep my nose pointed at them the whole time and do damage and get behind them again. Once they pass me, flight assist back on and shoot them in the back until they try it again. Rinse. Repeat until they're smoke. :)

Klyka

Banned

To survive with an Eagle you basically need the A rank shield and military grade hull.

To survive with an Eagle you basically need the A rank shield and military grade hull.

HAHA wow, stupid me. I forgot I removed my Shield Generator and added extra Cargo space for my trade runs. No fucking wonder I was getting decimated. I have the C rank shield for now, let's see how that works.

Sarcasm

Well made it to supply tutorial..I kill the first small ship but can't even get the shields down on second smaller ship (no missiles)..the laser beam is for taking down shields right???

**Well I am going to give up on the supply tutorial cause I am trying everything I can do but they target me before I even have a chance to get t to target them. Than I get pelted and hit every time I am dodging -.-

If anyone sees a CMDR Starry in the Ho Hsi conflict zone, kill his ass. He just wiped me out and was friendly to Jet Comm unless he switched sides. >:[ I lost upwards of 25k in vouchers.

Just got killed by that bozo. I at least lasted more than 10 seconds haha. Fuck, I'm still getting rocked though. And I'm running out of money.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If anyone sees a CMDR Starry in the Ho Hsi conflict zone, kill his ass. He just wiped me out and was friendly to Jet Comm unless he switched sides. >:[ I lost upwards of 25k in vouchers.
What is he flying?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
All right, starting to get into the swing of things now. My viper has 2x gimballed beam lasers and 2x T2 gimballed multicannons. I'm mission-fishing for two or three warzone missions from Jet Comms before heading out. My last one had a streak of like 10 eagles so I was making pretty good money per hour and the missions are keeping the influence changes going. (hurts Ho Hsi Corp every time)

AJLma

Just got one-shot by an Anaconda in an outfitted Cobra. :-|

Plasma Accelerator Cannon.

I knew those things were powerful, but wow.

Hey, careful about where you're flying in conflict zones! Had a very high speed collision with another player and had literally 1% hull left.

Reinforced hull, back into the action. For Blood and Corporate Profits!

Rahk

Killed 3 ships in a conflict zone and got nothing for them. I selected my side as Jet Comms and the other ships were showing up as red and green so not sure why I got no combat bonds. The blue triangle popped up when they were shot down but with no text.

Setre

What's everyone flying right now? I finally got enough money, after restarting several times, to afford an Adder. Hoping to make it into an exploration ship once I raise some money.

I was just doing some bounty hunting, and from my knowledge I was credited with all the kills but now back at a station there is no option to claim the bounties. Does the credit amount message, etc, pop up even if you aren't awarded the bounty?

owlbeak

I was just doing some bounty hunting, and from my knowledge I was credited with all the kills but now back at a station there is no option to claim the bounties. Does the credit amount message, etc, pop up even if you aren't awarded the bounty?
If it pops up, you get the bounty. Check your left hand screen (default key: 1) under the Transactions section to see the amount of bounties you have and from what faction. You'll need to make sure you go to the appropriate faction's station to claim their bounties. Bounties are claimed under the Contacts menu from Starport Services.

If it pops up, you get the bounty. Check your left hand screen (default key: 1) under the Transactions section to see the amount of bounties you have and from what faction. You'll need to make sure you go to the appropriate faction's station to claim their bounties. Bounties are claimed under the Contacts menu from Starport Services.

Ahh that explains it. I'm at the wrong station. Thanks!

HowZatOZ

Banned
What's everyone flying right now? I finally got enough money, after restarting several times, to afford an Adder. Hoping to make it into an exploration ship once I raise some money.

I'm just using the Eagle that was giving to those in alpha/beta or whatever it was. Quite fast and does the job.

K-Dizzle, I think you may have been a gaffer but you opened fire on my Jett Comm brothers and that just ain't cool.

Also, Starry is cruising around in a Viper, Freebird and I chased him out of a conflict zone, haven't seen him in a few.

Edit: I just followed him to Hand Ring, I'm loitering in super cruise outside for the moment.

Type 6 bare bones with 100 cargo. Have all dumped into cargo and 114 credits to my name.

NO WHAMMIES!

K-Dizzle, I think you may have been a gaffer but you opened fire on my Jett Comm brothers and that just ain't cool.

Also, Starry is cruising around in a Viper, Freebird and I chased him out of a conflict zone, haven't seen him in a few.

Edit: I just followed him to Hand Ring, I'm loitering in super cruise outside for the moment.

Wasn't me, I haven't been on at all today. Is there really someone named K-Dizzle? Mine is K. Dizzle. Sunuvabitch.

KILL THE SHIT OUT OF HIM.

Happy Hunting! :D

Well I'm fucking pissed. Just lost 70K in bounty vouchers because the station decided to open fire on me before docking? I did have a 430 something bounty, should have just paid it off. Out of habit when I returned from my hunt I refilled munitions and repaired and that was the last of my money. So now I have a 7500 fine, 8000 in loan, and lots of frustration.

Guess I'm done for the night, shit like this just annoys me.

I'm almost positive it was.

battlestargalactica-30312_zps8b3530e1.gif

Goddamn. Gentleman, we have Cylons.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hmm, need to start tracking the Warzone mission types. I ran into one Warzone one, definitely received from Jet Comms, which had a negative impact to my rep and Jet Comms, and didn't affect any other factions. That one would definitely be messing up people's rep.

I started a thread on the subreddit for tracking the mission names and the results so we know which one(s) to avoid and which are known good.
http://www.reddit.com/r/HoHsi/comments/2qib8d/tracking_the_goodbad_warzone_mission_types_some/

owlbeak

Got killed by another CMDR in the conflict zone! I hadn't even declared a faction since I was waiting for Starry! CMD Prospektor or something. Making so many enemies right now.

Xanezz

Banned
Hey guys, sorry if I'm killing the mood a bit here but could some of you take a look at my issue?
In short: the game keeps freezing and takes the whole system with it, made a huge detailed post on the official forums with stuff I tried, my specs and such: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86563&p=1367861#post1367861

Humbly asking for some help please, can't really play the game for longer than around 30ish minutes without it taking down my system :(

(I'll be sporadically watching this thread over the next few hours before I go to bed)

Back to your regular scheduled program.

Hey guys, sorry if I'm killing the mood a bit here but could some of you take a look at my issue?
In short: the game keeps freezing and takes the whole system with it, made a huge detailed post on the official forums with stuff I tried, my specs and such: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86563&p=1367861#post1367861

Humbly asking for some help please, can't really play the game for longer than around 30ish minutes without it taking down my system :(

(I'll be sporadically watching this thread over the next few hours before I go to bed)

Back to your regular scheduled program.

What are your PC Specs?

edit: Reading that link. Seems you've checked everything that you would normally check. Have you ruled out the HDD yet?

Jedi2016

What's everyone flying right now?
Cobra. Class 2 pulse lasers and Class 1 multicannons, both gimballed. No upgrades yet to speak of, still mostly decked out for cargo runs, she's carrying up to 36 tons right now. Got a decent trade route set up, probably need to find a more lucrative one later. On the list is a better FSD and power distributor.

Got killed by another CMDR in the conflict zone! I hadn't even declared a faction since I was waiting for Starry! CMD Prospektor or something. Making so many enemies right now.

Prospectre is dead. Saw him allied to Jet attacking another Jet. Messed up!

Edit: Woops! That's because the guy he was shooting went red and shot him first (was green to me). I finish Prospectre off and another guy attacks me, Mekh or something, probably thinking the same thing I did about Prospectre. I do not think he expected me to have full shield bank cells and checked out when he saw what was up.

This is so much fun!

Xanezz

Banned
What are your PC Specs?

edit: Reading that link. Seems you've checked everything that you would normally check. Have you ruled out the HDD yet?

Pretty much, tried running the game off off both of them, they're the same make, ones about a year or two younger (my native games drive). No difference.

owlbeak

Prospectre is dead. Saw him allied to Jet attacking another Jet. Messed up!

Edit: Woops! That's because the guy he was shooting went red and shot him first (was green to me). I finish Prospectre off and another guy attacks me, Mekh or something, probably thinking the same thing I did about Prospectre. I do not think he expected me to have full shield bank cells and checked out when he saw what was up.

This is so much fun!
Yeah, he was allied with Jet when he killed me too! Thanks for bringing him down. :)

RealMeat

Banned
That combat zone is so busy friendly fire is a real issue. Glad to see the game holds up with quite a few players in one zone, didn't notice any lag.

Hellers

I currently have a type 6 for space trucking (Making about 118k per run) and a viper for space fightin'.

The problem I have is apart from the view out the cockpit I hate the type 6. It's slow, ugly and the docking computer is basically bugged to shit on the thing (It's fine on every other ship I've flown). Sure you have to keep an eye on it but every time it tries to land the type 6 in a big station it drags the thing skidding across the pad and it's 50/50 if it catches the pad or not. Every other ship just drops down nicely.

I have about 1.5 mill in the bank and I'm going to spend today getting myself an Asp. Sure it's expensive but there's nothing else to buy at the moment :) I'll get at least a million for the type 6 and mods. I'll need at least 1.5mill to fill the asp when I get it and at least 250k to cover rebuy costs.

I can do this.

I currently have a type 6 for space trucking (Making about 118k per run) and a viper for space fightin'.

The problem I have is apart from the view out the cockpit I hate the type 6. It's slow, ugly and the docking computer is basically bugged to shit on the thing (It's fine on every other ship I've flown). Sure you have to keep an eye on it but every time it tries to land the type 6 in a big station it drags the thing skidding across the pad and it's 50/50 if it catches the pad or not. Every other ship just drops down nicely.

I have about 1.5 mill in the bank and I'm going to spend today getting myself an Asp. Sure it's expensive but there's nothing else to buy at the moment :) I'll get at least a million for the type 6 and mods. I'll need at least 1.5mill to fill the asp when I get it and at least 250k to cover rebuy costs.

I can do this.
money comes so fast in the type 6. I have been doing a round trip about 20 minutes if I dick around and it is about 250k. It is a clunker though but damn if 100+ cargo is not awesome. I just do not know if the Asp is worth it.

Qasiel

Got up to about 450k in my Hauler tonight and decided to cash in and pick up a Cobra Mk III - Time for some Bounty Hunting! Now, if only I knew how to go about it...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom