• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem - Just Lose It (first single off of Encore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part in the beginning which references "Without Me" ... I hate that part. Can't stand when people do that in their songs.

Best lyrics are:

Good God, dip, do a little slide,
bend down touch your toes and just glide,
At the center of the dance floor,
like t.p. for my bunghole,
and it's cool if you let one go
Nobody's gonna know, who'd hear it?
Give a little "ooop-poop" it's okay ... *skips*
Oops, my CD just skipped,
and everyone just heard you let one rip

In a word: formulaic(if the way I spelt it is a word)
Now I expect the next single to be the token 'Hard' Track.
An easy way to sell millions.
I couldn't stand the first 9-10 seconds, I had to skip it to some lyrics.

Fifty

I'm not going to pass judgement on the upcoming lp (duh) because of this...but it is pretty bland. Let's hope the second single blows this away.

Azih

I liked it, especially how he samples HIMSELF and does a really good job of it.

When he parodies himself and references 8 mile and 'lose yourself' it really shines.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Ok song, but as with all his other albums the first humor single is pretty much the worst on the entire cd.

MIMIC

Banned
Diablos said:
Em is being too soft and uh, wussy.

Whatever happened to the angsty fella that did songs like White America?

All of the first singles off his albums are comedic-type songs.

"My Name Is" - The Slim Shady LP; "The Real Slim Shady" - The Marshall Mathers LP; and "Without Me" - The Eminem Show

rc213

MIMIC said:
All of the first singles off his albums are comedic-type songs.

"My Name Is" - The Slim Shady LP; "The Real Slim Shady" - The Marshall Mathers LP; and "Without Me" - The Eminem Show

Let's hope he is indeed continuing this trend and that the rest of the cd is nothing like it. :D

miyuru

Sounds...weird.

I thought the same thing about Without Me when it was released as well, but this sounds really retarded, not as clever as his past first singles.

effzee

u know up till this point eminem hasnt really dissapointed me but this song is a big let down. i know all his lead singles are too poppy/bouncy and get overaplayed within a few days but this song isnt even clever. at least the other singles still had his talent apparent.

effzee

he is poking fun of himself and honestly i believe he is even testing himself how corny of a song he can release and still rule the rap world.

going by the previous albums as example the rest of the album should be completely diff and much more serious and better.

I didn't care for the song too much at first, but after several listens, I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait for the whole album.

border

MIMIC said:
I liked all those songs a good deal, but this one is pretty awful. Previous singles have been joke-y, but this one is just a joke. I would agree that it may actually be a reflection of his disdain for the MTV crowd -- "How much cornball shit will these idiots put up with?" That Pee-Wee Herman laugh every ten seconds? Come on.....this is more of a gimmick-song like "The Kids", not a breakthrough pop-crossover like the others have been.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I have to disagree with the trend and say that I take Eminem less seriously when he attempts to be serious. I mean c'mon. That said, this song is definitely not up there with his usual funny and satirical best. Ugh.

MIMIC

Banned
I just heard it on the radio today. I like it. It's not up there with "The Real Slim Shady," but it's by no means a bad song.

ghostface

This song is gonna climb the charts in no time.

And I'm pretty confident I will absolutely love the rest of his album. I've never been disappointed with his "serious" stuff so far.

And lol @ that "hun hun hun". He sounds like E. Honda in SFII.

Kamille

It's really starting to grow on me after a few listens. Nowhere near his best comedic-style rap, but I'm starting to like it.

I'm not really a fan of his single.
But, yeah, his next single is going to be his token "hard" one. It's going to be called "Mosh" and in it, he takes shots at Bush.

BTW... That Game single is the shit. Definitely a club banger.

effzee

ive been hearing some stuff about mosh....thats it would be pretty damn good....and that he has some video concept already planned that will surprise people. i think he is actually releasing it s a 2nd single real quick also....from what ive heard midd of oct...def b4 his album comes our and def b4 elections.

man just imagine the beat to "higher" with em on it.

It still makes my ears bleed.
The higher beat is sick- but Game is shit. The west don't need a d*ckrider rapper- the nwa/deathrow 'glory' days have gone.

Mason

I downloaded this song tonight at a party and they fucking looped it all night. Nobody got sick of it either, they just kept talking about how great it was. So I guess this is gonna be a hit.

And BTW, that Game beat sucked. It's not nearly good enough to get people going in a club.

miyuru

Yeah, I totally don't see "Higher" as a club banger, nothing like "In Da Club". Not saying it's a bad song, but I really don't think it's something the masses will dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom