• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem - Just Lose It (first single off of Encore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gump

Banned
miyuru said:
Yeah, I totally don't see "Higher" as a club banger, nothing like "In Da Club". Not saying it's a bad song, but I really don't think it's something the masses will dig.
Exactly. Give this man the gold.

I'd agree that 'Higher' isn't really a 'club banger'. Personally I think it supposed to one of those, 'Get yourself pumped' songs ie Fight Music. But then Fight Music was a hit, so Game could do it too (granted he is not Eminem).
I think the way they are marketing Game is more of a gangsta than 50, so they need a single to prove how 'hood' he is (presuming he is releasing this as single).

Anyway:
Do or Die feat Kanye West- Higher vs The Game- Higher
YOU DECIDE!

XS+

Banned
Dre's just-ok beats are all that's keeping that single from being a club/Top 40 hit imo. It needs a remix or should be put back in the studio for polish..

miyuru

Game himself claimed "Higher" is supposed to be the next big thing for clubs. It's simply not. Can you even dance to that beat? Well, yeah, but, not like other songs. It's hard to explain. Just if you don't understand what I'm saying, as in it's not the greatest club song, then I probably won't be able to enlighten you ^_^

As for the Do or Die/Kanye song, it's growing on me just for that one line:

"I don't need to take another puff / 'Cuz your love's got me high enough"

Haha I was singing that all day at school :p

Edit: Eminem's still growing on me :-\ I remember this one time I was at a pub and we were all just sitting at our tables sipping on our beers and the music was superloud because we were beside the dance floor. Anyway it was too loud to talk, so everyone just got relatively buzzed and we'd sing all the songs that would come on, like not just our table, but everyone sitting at every table it seemed. Then they played "Without Me" and yeah, the place went nuts. This was at O'Byrnes (Edmonton) btw. So yeah, I can totally see this new Eminem track in the same light.

miyuru

Haha agreed, I don't know what it is about this Eminem song...

I guess there hasn't been a song *this* dumb in recent memory. And of course, you've got his awesome flow, and decent beat, it all sounds good. Not an insightful song or anything, but it's fun to listen to.

effzee

shit the eminem song is getting to me now too....wtf?

anyway i cant get enough of higher...the beat is just amazing.

miyuru

I actually like Westside Story much more than Higher. Pt. 3 came out too, Dre, D-Block are on that track on top of Game and 50 on the chorus.

effzee

miyuru said:
I actually like Westside Story much more than Higher. Pt. 3 came out too, Dre, D-Block are on that track on top of Game and 50 on the chorus.

link please?

and damn if these are the type of beats dre gave out...imagine detox! ??!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom