• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empoleon revealed for Pokken (arcade version)

Surprise surprise
entry52.jpg

Website put it up early.

Trailer

Sterok

Took awhile, but we finally got Penguin Time. Now to just wait a year for them to make the Switch so that we can finally use these characters.

Hazu

Hm.. kinda feel like they have missed an opportunity to promote Pokemon Sun/Moon. A 7th generation Pokemon would have been pretty cool.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't own/haven't played Pokken, but are the new arcade characters usually added to the console version at a later date?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
sinnoh confirmed

Seriously though.

You can get the Kalos Starters in XY of course, as well as the Kanto Starters.

ORAS of course adds the Hoenn Starters.

Sun and Moon have the Alola Starters, but through the Island Scan you can get the Johto Starters and the 3rd-stage Unova Starters.

Sinnoh Starters are the only ones unobtainable on the 3DS without trading up from a DS title. Interesting.

TWILT

Banned
Ayyyy finally.

I'm already happy with Scizor being confirmed before, so I'm just hoping we get these characters on consoles (Switch probably) soonish.

Griss

Empoleon is a top-3 all time starter evolution, anyone saying otherwise is crazy. Look at him... a steel penguin with Neptune's trident as a faceguard. It doesn't get better than that.

LotusHD

Banned
Hm.. kinda feel like they have missed an opportunity to promote Pokemon Sun/Moon. A 7th generation Pokemon would have been pretty cool.

Hmm, Incineroar would've worked. Lycanroc and Tapu Koko as contenders is also nice to think about.

brinstar

Seriously though.

Sun and Moon have the Alola Starters, but through the Island Scan you can get the Johto Starters and the 3rd-stage Unova Starters.

Sinnoh Starters are the only ones unobtainable on the 3DS without trading up from a DS title. Interesting.

No, Sinnoh starters were available as a gift in OR/AS (and so were the Johto and Unova ones)

Crayolan

I always thought its body was made of metal so the fur is pretty weird.

FINALLY.

Best water final evo.

If you disagree, I'll throw you out with the Garbodor.

Not even in the top half. Blastoise, Swampert, Greninja, and Primarina are all better.

Garbage Pokemon.

Consider changing your opinion you, for lack of a better word, fool. Empoleon may just be the greatest Pokemon to have ever been designed, created, approved, and officiated. He is literally a fucking penguin. Do you have some unnatural intolerance towards penguins? Sure they can be a violent bunch, but so can most mammals (including humans.) Not to mention he has the unique typing of WATER/STEEL. WATER AND STEEL (and before you reply to me complaining about the neutrality against fire, it is more than justified with the defense against other types it provides. Empoleon has always been a partner of mine and for you to just insult the entire pokemon like that is just disgusting rhetoric. Apologize.

Neoxon

To the surprise of nobody, but at least he looks cool in Pokkén's art style.

Still, I'm legit surprised that no Switch port got leaked. Either Bandai Namco's doing a good job of preventing leaks (both for Pokkén & Smash 4 on the Switch), or they may be planning a Super Pokkén Tournament of sorts for later with more new characters.

brinstar

Not.... a fan of the textures here...

Cool choice though. Empoleon's always kind of been like the black sheep of the starters to me (in fact the Sinnoh starters as a whole feel like they haven't been in the limelight in a long time) so I'm glad to see something a little less obvious make it in.

But also I'm like, what about Swampert you jerks! Sceptile, Blaziken and... the obsessive part of my brain is dying here!

It should've been us

Seriously though.

You can get the Sinnoh starters in ORAS

Neoxon

Let's be honest, we all saw Empoleon coming thanks to the datamining of an update for the Wii U version.

That said, I would have loved to see Incineroar in this game (I'd rather have Decidueye in Smash 4 Switch).

Top Bottom