• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of year Hype Check - What are your most anticipated games?

Pantz

With 2021 coming to a close, what games are you now looking most forward to?

Post them however you like. No Rules. (bonus points for top 10 or top 5)

Here's mine in a descending top 10 list:
Things can always change, this is just how I'm feeling right now.

10. Starfield
W1FHmAP.jpg

- It's a little weird to be hyped for a game with so little info, but "Skyrim in space" sounds pretty cool.

09. Gran Turismo 7
OGkJxBu.jpg

- Yeah the trees look bad, but that's not what Gran Turismo is about. I hope for a satisfying career mode.

08. Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown
WbezCkn.jpg

- New studio developing this so it's hard to say how it will turn out. TDU2 is one of my most favorite games with many features that Forza Horizon is lacking. Excited to see if they can capture the magic of TDU.

07. Marvel's Midnight Suns
bLBriY5.jpg

- The character models look so good, even the new main character lady. It looks almost ready to play already. Will be fun having all the heroes interacting with each other in conversations.

06. Elden Ring
YAkeECS.jpg

(blur spoiler for those who don't want to see Elden Ring trailer footage)
- Seeing everyone else going crazy, I've tried to stay chill over Elden Ring. It does look AMAZING though. I mean... I'll check it out when it's ready...nothing to go crazy about here.

05. Project Eve
2c0fJai.jpg

- She seems nice.

04. A Plague Tale: Requiem
Ivtrimc.jpg

- Love the first game. Now we have a crossbow and a dagger. Can't wait to see how immersive these environments are.

03. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
fBrgu5M.jpg

- Looks like this could beee an amazing 3D Kirby game. It just looks like a pure game for fun and to play with a smile.

02. Final Fantasy XVI
6i5110C.jpeg

- I'm so ready for another trailer even. Not sure about the combat but it doesn't matter, new Final Fantasy always has something special that you can't get anywhere else.

01. Wanted: Dead
hrpfSiW.jpeg

- Some babe with a sword and a gun in an action game. What more is there to ask for? From some of the people who worked on Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. They showed some very early footage that looks rough but already stylish vibes.

Cool song. Good or bad, this looks like a game made just for me.

Too many to list, hyped for at least half a dozen games. Thanks for posting your #1, hadn't heard of it and I loved Ninja Gaiden. It looks sweet on the animation/interaction front though.

Crossfire X, because anything Remedy makes (or Sam Lake writes) is Gold in my eyes.
Elden Ring, got into the Closed Beta, it was fun.
Starfield because at least it can't be a bigger scam than Star Citizen

Last edited:

tommib

Elden Ring and GT7. Couldn’t care less about anything other that’s going to be released.

Edit: forgot Bayonetta 3!

Last edited:

SyberWolf

(not in a specific order, i want to play all these equally as much.)

Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
Elden Ring
God of War Ragnarok
Dying light 2
Starfield
Bayonetta 3
Final Fantasy XVI
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Batman Gotham Knights

Last edited:

Markio128

In no particular order (except for GT7) my most anticipated games of 2022 are:

1. GT7
2. Horizon FW
3. Elden Ring
4. GOW 2
5. Starfield
6. FF16
7. BOTW2
8. Hogwarts

If all of the above games are released next year, then I’ll be a very happy gamer - the 2 I’m unsure will make 2022 are FF16 and Hogwarts.

ACESHIGH

Banned
From the top of my head and in no particular order. Taking into account that I only game on PC:

Elden Ring
System Shock Remake
RE4 HD Project
God of War
Thymesia
Stellaris
Batman Gotham Knights
Project Mara
Vigil
PC ports from Sony in the 2nd half of the year (Spiderman? TloU? Ghost? the ever ellusive Bloodborne?)

Last edited:
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (Switch)

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (Switch)

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Switch)

Eiyuden Chronicle Rising (Switch)

Gotham Knights (PC)

Granblue Fantasy Relink (PC)

Hogwarts Legacy (PC)

Marvel Midnight Suns (Switch)

Sea of Stars (Switch)

Star Ocean The Divine Force (PC)

Last edited:
Elden Ring is by far no. 1 but probs because it’s closest.

Horizon Forbidden West
God of War 2
Hogwarts
BOTW2
Starfield

Next year is looking pretty decent so far.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm not hyped for anything, which is kind of sad. But I'm really hoping that Starfield is good. I'm also looking forward to some Star Wars games.

Tschumi

Uhm.

Horizon fw. Elden Ring. GT7. The Little Devil inside. I think.

The trees don't look bad, don't water down your opinions to avoid flames from people who would say a photograph looks bad if they were told it's a title from their opposing system.

Uhm.

Horizon fw. Elden Ring. GT7. The Little Devil inside. I think.

The trees don't look bad, don't water down your opinions to avoid flames from people who would say a photograph looks bad if they were told it's a title from their opposing system.

“That photo of the Empire State Building is really cool”

“Yeah, can you believe i took it with a cross gen camera?”

“oh well…. Yeah, i see that its a little distorted around the edges. The lighting is off and its actually now very obvious the background is flat and..”

Starfield, Horizon, God of War 2, suicide Squad, hogwarts legacy, system shock, kirby, redfall, BOTW2, Stalker 2. Dying Light 2, Modern warfare 2. There are undoubtedly some I'm forgetting. 2022 will be amazing.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Elden Ring
Final fantasy 16
Diablo 4

Those are the only 3 must plays for me. Everything and anything else is just bonus goods to fill the time between.

DeepSpace5D

Gran Turismo 7
God of War: Ragnarok
Elden Ring
Horizon: Forbidden West
Sifu
Stray
Starfield
Little Devil Inside
Breath of the Wild sequel
Dying Light 2
Ghostwire: Tokyo

It’s looking like a pretty crazy year coming up.

bender

What time is it?
It starts and ends with Elden Ring. There are other titles I'm looking forward to but a new From Software game is an event.

Thymesia
Soultice
Faith of Danschant: hereafter
Black myth: Wukong
Evil West
Project Eve
Dolmen
Gotham Nights
Hellblade 2
Lies of P
Steal Rising
Suicide Squad
Trek to Yomi
A Plagued Tale: Requiem
Aftermath
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Space Marine 2
Outcast 2
Elden Ring
Arc Raiders
Daymare 1994: Sandcastle
Calista protocol

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Starfield and Metroid Prime 4 are the ones that really stand out for me, but they're both a long ways off. I like the darker approach being taken with Final Fantasy XVI, and Avowed because it's an Obsidian RPG.

Diablo IV is still up in the air. Not only did they lose the original Diablo teams, but the lead director who came up with a lot of the ideas for Diablo IV left during the recent controversy. Sounds like that's not coming out next year either, lol.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Hyped? Only Starfield. It's the main reason I just bought the Series X.

May also buy Elder Ring depending on how different it is to Souls. Have crazy Souls fatigue and the gameplay I've seen looked like Dark Souls 4.

Robb

Gold Member
BotW2 is my most anticipated, but I’m looking forward to:
Splatoon 3
Starfield
Redfall
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Hellblade 2
Avowed
The Outer Worlds 2
Horizon FW
Fable
GoW 2
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Etc.

There’s so much good stuff on the horizon.

Utherellus

Starfield and nothing more honestly. Imo nothing stands close to the scale of this IP.

I just know it will be another industry phenomenon, despite bugs and traditional Bethesda stuff. Oh boy it will eat my life.

Test Drive Solar Crown tingles my TDU nostalgy a bit tho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom