• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ennio Morricone dies aged 91

Aggelos

R.I.P. great master.... So long....

3500.jpg

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
ennio-morricone-walk-of-fame.jpg

Oscar winner Ennio Morricone, composer of “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” and “The Mission” and among the most prolific and admired composers in film history, has died. He was 91.

Morricone died early Monday in a Rome clinic, where he was taken shortly after suffering a fall that caused a hip fracture, his lawyer Giorgio Asumma told Italian news agency ANSA.

Farewell to one of the best film composers ever lived. A true legend.

nani17

are in a big trouble
An absolute legend of the business. I came across the Danish orchestra videos posted above the other day. One of the lads at work was watching a fist full of dollars. Instantly the music comes into my head.

Orenji Neko

A legend, a master. I thank him for such wonderful ,epic and beautiful music that moves the soul and fills the heart and stirs imagination.

2 of my 4 most loved composers are gone, Ennio Morricone and Basil Poledouris. (~_~) Only Williams and Sugiyama remain.

91..so amazing! Though sad I must remember to also be grateful that he was not another legend taken too soon or early. For so long was he here to create many wonders to listen.

Rest in peace.

LarknThe4th

Honestly next level talent, by far the best movie composer of all time(he stomps Williams)

"The ecstasy of gold"

And

"Man with the harmonica"

Are timeless classics on the scale of "dance macabre" or "lacrimosa"

RIP you insanely talented man

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
R.I.P. great master.... So long....

3500.jpg

Well, this sucks. Too many great composers have died in the past decade. R.I.P.

Top Bottom