• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enter the Gungeon is free on the Epic Games Store for the next week

LDPMGnU.jpg

You got some salt stuck in your nose there.
It's just a damn launcher ffs.

Or maybe you stop telling others what freebies they can or cannot accept?
What do you care if others refuse to join their walled garden under the premise of free games? Some people got principles and won't support Epic no matter how much they honey-trap their platform.
You go and enjoy your free game, but stop attacking others for refusing to do the same. It's none of your frikkin' business.

Dunki

You got some salt stuck in your nose there.
It's just a damn launcher ffs.
No it is not. It is Epics Attitude.
It is Epic lying day after day
It is epic thinking they can solve everything with their fortnite Money while they were almost dead before the game.
It is their connection to China the use of spyware before they get caught etc.

It is not a launcher.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Or maybe you stop telling others what freebies they can or cannot accept?
What do you care if others refuse to join their walled garden under the premise of free games? Some people got principles and won't support Epic no matter how much they honey-trap their platform.
You go and enjoy your free game, but stop attacking others for refusing to do the same. It's none of your frikkin' business.
i can't even what?

Vitacat

Epic... yeah, no thanks.

I'd rather pay money for the game than use your busted platform and support your questionable practices.

If you're so upset because Epic bought a few exclusives you should review your life priorities.

Are you being willfully ignorant, or you actually believe it's that simplistic?

Last edited:
Hades is solid, and I look forward to full release, but Gungeon is on another level. I will shill shamelessly for Gungeon it is in the top of its class.
Pacing is much different than Hades, it is much slower paced game, and upgrades are all about guns and equipment, more like Issac is. It is funny, tough as nails, has insane variety, and tons of secrets. Dev has done 3 huge content updates since launch, for free! I own it on 3 different platforms, I guess Epic makes it 4. I don't even want to know how many hours I've sunk in totality, hundreds I'm sure. I can beat the Dragun fairly regularly, but I've still only beaten the Lich 4 times.

It's an amazing game and I want to have its babies is what I'm tryin to say here.

One thing keeps it from true GOAT status. The game practically screams for a scoring system and daily runs.

Dontero

Banned
steamfanboys: Only Steam and few insignificant shops makes proper competition
epic: gives free games so that people are willing to use their store
steamfanboys: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't pay single $ yet on epic store but i already have few good games. That lack of competition is truly annoying lol.

pr0cs

I played it for a while it's hard as fuck. Now I guess I'll get labelled as a wuss but personally I find it too hard.
I enjoyed binding of Issac, streets of rogue and nuclear throne but they never felt artificially hard and always felt like you were getting better or improving but fuck me Gungeon is just punishing.
Don't get me wrong, free is awesome and I did have gungeon on my steam wish list but I'm really glad I got it for free cos otherwise I'd be pretty disappointed paying for it

Funny, I always thought Nuclear Throne was tougher. I never even beat it, but that was mainly because the ps4 version crashed CONSTANTLY on later levels. I dunno if that was ever patched, but I'd like to get back to that game.
Gungeon gets better the more you play it by design. You are constantly unlocking new guns/gear, and every run you get a bit further. Once you learn the ins and outs, even "crappy" runs get to the 4th or 5th chambers.

MMaRsu

Banned
steamfanboys: Only Steam and few insignificant shops makes proper competition
epic: gives free games so that people are willing to use their store
steamfanboys: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't pay single $ yet on epic store but i already have few good games. That lack of competition is truly annoying lol.

yea stay ignorant breh

BlackTron

See, people were already refusing to install EGS, in other words, "No, I won't support your company because reasons". So after giving away a free game, it should suddenly change to "Well, I wasn't GOING to support your company, but if you're gonna bribe me, fuck those reasons. Here, take my personal information!"

Fact is, people refuse to use EGS for reasons that aren't totally ridiculous, but even if you think it's silly, expecting it to change because of free games is just assuming everyone has no standards and isn't willing to actually act on their own opinions.

It's a common known principle that these days, very often the end user is the product. By signing up for something for free, you aren't "getting something" from them as a favor. You're actually getting something which is, to them, an infinite resource (digital copy of a game in this case) and in exchange providing them with a finite, valuable resource which increases the value of the company, your unique personal information. In other words, you're doing them a favor not vice versa.

So if anybody didn't want to support EGS before, but now says "fuck em I'll take a free game from them though!" you are actually taking the bait. The free candy on the van pic is the perfect analogy.

pr0cs

Fact is, people refuse to use EGS for reasons that aren't totally ridiculous
And that's fine, I totally understand, what gets really old is the same people in every single egs thread, no matter the topic, whining how they will NEVAR install the client or download the games. You don't like it, fine but fuck off with invading every thread about it. It gets old and ruins any sane discussion.
You don't like it, just avoid it, no one else wants to hear why especially if it's a thread about a specific game

Videospel

Pretty lame that the Epic store doesn't show you hours played or have achievements. I want to compare myself to my friends playing the game.

I don't have a Windows installation on this PC, and I am not sure if I am willing to try and install the Epic games Client on Linux using Lutris, or something like that just to get this.

Top Bottom