• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic assures fans that they'll keep supporting Fortnite - Save the World (the PvE part)

Hey Fortnite Friends,

You may have read of our recent decision to stop development on Paragon. We want to assure you this is not the case for the Fortnite Save the World campaign. Rather, this decision allows us to build more features and bring you more content at a faster pace.

We shared our Save the World - State of Development update earlier this week. Read that here.

Thanks for your support,
Epic Games

HorcaCZ

Yeah, right. Month ago Paragon players were reassured that 2018 would be the best year for Paragon with upcoming things like Ranked and 3v3 mode, new matchmaking, game out of beta & full release, new heroes, gem crafting etc.
Last week they were asking community about ideas for improvement.
Today we get the update Paragon is dead in April.

Don´t believe in anything what EPIC says.

Last edited:

EBE

This is the paid portion? I still don't know how this game works. I thought it a PUBG clone or PUBG lite

Harlock

Would be better they give some exclusive skin or weapon in battle royale for who paid the original game.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on StW. I love this games art I just suck so bad at BR. I keep hoping StW goes free soon.

Convicsik

As someone who played Paragon from the start and watched how Epic literally destroyed this game with every update all while claiming to care about feed back from its players base, I’m sure Epic will find away to destroy Fortnite in no time. Paragon in the beginning was such an amazing game that could have become huge, but Epic decided it needed to chase money rather than make a good game, made poor decisions in order to attract new players while ignoring its core base, so after the Paragon fiasco, Epic is right there with EA as a company I’ll refuse to support.

Shifty

For now.

I can see it getting dumped in time, the BR portion has already eclipsed it.

Last edited:

Green Saber

Good to hear that they will continue to support this mode though I have not tried the pve mode yet, is it worth buying now or would I be better off waiting till it goes free to play?

Redshirt

Banned
Good to hear that they will continue to support this mode though I have not tried the pve mode yet, is it worth buying now or would I be better off waiting till it goes free to play?

Fortnite PvE could be a great game, but microtransactions inform nearly every aspect of the game's design.

I think you'd be better off waiting until it's F2P to decide if it's for you.

Top Bottom