• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Games Store Mega Sale. May 16-June 13. $10 off games $14.99 and up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man I really hate the layout of their store. They needed to a lot more UI design/testing before this thing went live.
Tell me about it. Hard to browse is an understatement.

Seasons of The Walking Dead for $5 seems pretty good especially the Final Season which came out recently. The Jackbox games are also pretty good at about $6 each. Hades for $7 is pretty good too. Nothing for me personally.

Holammer

Epic Store right now.

b7e.jpg

Okay, so I gave in and made my first purchase on the Epic store. I bought the final season of Walking Dead for $4.99. I checked Steam first to see what it was priced for there (since that is where I own all the rest of the seasons) and I see that some seasons have now been delisted on Steam and yet are available on Epic Game Store - did Epic really come in and scoop these up to only be on EGS?

Last edited:
Okay, so I gave in and made my first purchase on the Epic store. I bought the final season of Walking Dead for $4.99. I checked Steam first to see what it was priced for there (since that is where I own all the rest of the seasons) and I see that some seasons have now been delisted on Steam and yet are available on Epic Game Store - did Epic really come in and scoop these up to only be on EGS?

Yeah. The final season became exclusive midpoint of the series.

TheUsual

Gold Member
So...Hades is now showing as $14.99. About an hour ago it was $6.99...pricing fuckup???
Hope they honor those who bought it at 6.99.

EDIT: Damn it looks like they raised the non-sale price to $24.99 mid-sale. LOL. Perfect timing there.

Last edited:
So...Hades is now showing as $14.99. About an hour ago it was $6.99...pricing fuckup???

Yep, I noticed that - I was going to pick it up @$6.99, but saw that it was $14.99 and decided to wait as I have enough stuff to play - I would have added it to the backlog for $7 though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

EDIT: Damn it looks like they raised the non-sale price to $24.99 mid-sale. LOL. Perfect timing there.

Suddenly I go from being on the fence about spending money on the Epic Store to noping the fuck out

Well I go and get the free games every 2 weeks or so.. I may eventually have some kind of stake in the platform, but I have yet to rick buying anything on there.... I have yet to play anything on the platform :p

Fbh

I hate how when I created my Epic account I was in a German speaking country and now the site is obsessed with always displaying in German.

I have my country set to a Spanish speaking one and my preferred language set to English en still, every single time I enter everything is in German.
Hell, even after I manually set it to another language, once I put something in my cart (which so far has only been the free games) the purchase confirmation window opens in German

Last edited:

mneuro

They could literally make all the games free and I still won't install their spyware on my computer. My personal information and documents are more valuable than having a few cheap games. I'll gladly pay more on steam.

Corrik

Surprised by how few games are on the epic store. Nothing I am interested in. Still waiting on a Division $30 deal or $40 at GameStop.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You play the game dude... not the store lol
Yeah, I'll play the game, as long as it's not only on this store on PC.

Jeez man it's just a store.
No, it's not "just a store", it's an Epic Games Store and I don't like Epic Games, Sweeney and everything this POS and people close to him did for the last year or so, and as long as his (and people around him) at the helm of all this, as long as his shit parade will continue taking away games from millions of Steam, GOG etc. players, and as long as he'll be throwing his shitty money at developers to get timed (or permanent) "exclusives" - nothing will change at my end.

You've got goddamn Forthine (the sheer popularity of which I will never understand and frankly I don't want to, moreover, nobody even wanted to play this game untill BR came along) and UT, stay the fuck away! Nobody asked your shitty store to exist and to make gloryfied-exclusive-shit-fest out of PC platform. These are not your games, you're not publising them, you're not owning the developmnet studios to have ownership over something or anything and you're not invested millions apon millions of $ to even make these games possible at the first place. Shit, you're not even have the right to throw money at developers and make them shit all over their promises when they've launched Kickstarter etc. campaigns.

Okay, I think I'll stop here. Peace.

Last edited:

No, it's not "just a store", it's an Epic Games Store and I don't like Epic Games, Sweeney and everything this POS and people close to him did for the last year or so, and as long as his (and people around him) at the helm of all this, as long as his shit parade will continue taking away games from millions of Steam, GOG etc. players, and as long as he'll be throwing his shitty money at developers to get timed (or permanent) "exclusives" - nothing will change at my end.

You've got goddamn Forthine (the sheer popularity of which I will never understand and frankly I don't want to, moreover, nobody even wanted to play this game untill BR came along) and UT, stay the fuck away! Nobody asked your shitty store to exist and to make gloryfied-exclusive-shit-fest out of PC platform. These are not your games, you're not publising them, you're not owning the developmnet studios to have ownership over something or anything and you're not invested millions apon millions of $ to even make these games possible at the first plays. Shit, you're not even have the right to throw money at developers and make them shit all over their promises when they've launched Kickstarter etc. campaigns.

Damn bro, do a kale smoothie detox. Helps flush that anger out.

IMHO I'm just too used to having one platform for my games and that's Steam. I hate having to install that EA Origins shit for a game I wanna play or any other platform. Hate this exclusive shit that's happening.

Weilthain

Banned
I don't understand why the store takes so long to load up on my pcs. It takes way longer than steam, origin,and battlenet.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Question. I'm really interested in world War z and know it comes to steam later. Will there be cross play between steam and gog? If no then I would never buy anything on egs since more are using steam.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Damn bro, do a kale smoothie detox. Helps flush that anger out.
I'm fine, thank you.

Also, I've nothing against EA, Uplay or GOG for that matter, cuz when it comes to first two of them, EA and Ubisoft owns development studios, they're investing a shit ton of money into them and into their own products and they have every right to say "Fuck Steam!, we're selling exclusively on our own platform to get all the profits!".

I just don't understand one thing when it comes to Ubisoft - why the fuck are they selling their games on their own platforrm why also selling them on Steam and now some of their games (and maybe all of them in the future) will be also selling exclusively on Shit Store? I mean, what are you possibly whant to gane out of this while also alienating Steam fan base? What exactly? Moreover, why are you even selling your games on Stream or Shit Store if you want maximum profits and why not going full-EA on this for the same reason? So is it maximum profits they're after or what? What's the point in all of this? I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Dunki

This thing is a huge mess. When Developers did not even agree to these sales and Epic does this on their own paying for the difference. They can destory their brand f a not even released game is discounted by 75% like bloodlines was in some countries..

If you use a VPN and a bit of knowledge you can buy Metro Exodus for 5$!!!

Developer pulling their games from the store for the time of the sale, they are raising prices. Ubisof games are not even available anymore through some kind of "bug" that made them remove every ubisoft game from the store.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

You've got goddamn Forthine (the sheer popularity of which I will never understand and frankly I don't want to, moreover, nobody even wanted to play this game untill BR came along) and UT, stay the fuck away! Nobody asked your shitty store to exist and to make gloryfied-exclusive-shit-fest out of PC platform. These are not your games, you're not publising them, you're not owning the developmnet studios to have ownership over something or anything and you're not invested millions apon millions of $ to even make these games possible at the first plays. Shit, you're not even have the right to throw money at developers and make them shit all over their promises when they've launched Kickstarter etc. campaigns.

U make no sense.

Publishers agree with the deals. Blame them for breaking the kickstarter promises. Epic isn't owning those company's they put offers infront of them that make financial sense.

Maybe you should read up how publishers don't give a shit about your feelings even remotely. Hell metro publisher basically even stated they will move off PC entirely if you don't buy there games. They go where the money is and that's it. Because they are businesses.

If it helps financially it also helps with developing more content for the game or there new game that comes out of it. Epic basically funds them indirectly by giving them better deals.

The only one to blame here is steam being greedy as hell. It's why everybody and there mom creates there own client.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Publishers agree with the deals. Blame them for breaking the kickstarter promises. Epic isn't owning those company's they put offers infront of them that make financial sense.
As if any of this makes things much better and not worse than they are right now. It's not an investment, it's a bribe in the very literal sense.

Epic basically funds them indirectly by giving them better deals.
No one (including me) wouldn't have problem with that if it were ended there and without this timed exclusivity BS, but nope. And so here we are at this point in time, having a problem with it and absolutely justifiably so.

Maybe you should read up how publishers don't give a shit about your feelings even remotely. Hell metro publisher basically even stated they will move off PC entirely if you don't buy there games. They go where the money is and that's it. Because they are businesses.
Maybe they should read up how I don't give a shit about their feelings and businesses even remotely as well. I'm buying games on Steam, Origin, Uplay and GOG and I don't give a shit about Epic, their Store and won't be supporting them and I don't give a damn if they care or not. If the game is not available on Steam, Origin, Uplay or GOG, it doesn't exist to me.

The only one to blame here is steam being greedy as hell. It's why everybody and there mom creates there own client.
That's' the most stupid thing that I've read here for a very long while. If there is something to blame Steam for, it's their "don't give a fuck" attitude when it comes to releasing huge piles of shit on their store without any kind of moderation or QA whatsoever.

Last edited:
If there is something to blame Steam for, it's their "don't give a fuck" attitude when it comes to releasing huge piles of shit on their store without any kind of moderation or QA whatsoever.
Yeah, well, people kept bitching about how they didn't allow Japanese kiddy hentai games.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah, well, people kept bitching about how they didn't allow Japanese kiddy hentai games.
People can't do shit about it. Valve said already that they'll allow absolutely anything on Steam at this point forward. It's like if a group of people started yelling at a huge elephant coming their way to, ya know, stop coming, but elephant just don't give a fuck cuz it made it's mind already and going for it no matter what.

xrnzaaas

It's funny how games that haven't been released yet can get a 50% discount (or even better). I don't know if it's the right move even though I understand they're desperate to promote their store (and make people stop buying the same games on Steam ;)). I reckon a lot of people will simply ignore all normal purchases from now on and wait for other sales.

Last edited:
Have like a whopping 14 games (if you count BL3) in my EGS library now!

I'm fine, thank you.

Also, I've nothing against EA, Uplay or GOG for that matter, cuz when it comes to first two of them, EA and Ubisoft owns development studios, they're investing a shit ton of money into them and into their own products and they have every right to say "Fuck Steam!, we're selling exclusively on our own platform to get all the profits!".

I just don't understand one thing when it comes to Ubisoft - why the fuck are they selling their games on their own platforrm why also selling them on Steam and now some of their games (and maybe all of them in the future) will be also selling exclusively on Shit Store? I mean, what are you possibly whant to gane out of this while also alienating Steam fan base? What exactly? Moreover, why are you even selling your games on Stream or Shit Store if you want maximum profits and why not going full-EA on this for the same reason? So is it maximum profits they're after or what? What's the point in all of this? I just don't see it.

From that perspective, seems like a double standard since Epic is doing that as well.

All Ubi games are Uplay anyway, so this doesn't seem like much of a diversion. I think it's clear Ubi wants to weaken Steam.

Ubi walked away from Steam once before. It's not like there's been a great relationship there.

Also, not sure "alienating the Steam fan base" is a thing. I feel like the Steam fanboy that we get here on GAF is a pretty small slice of the pie.

Hudo

I've got to say that I find it a bit weird that neither the Unreal Tournament games nor the Unreal games are on it. (They are available on GoG however, so there's no problem, lol.)

brian0057

Banned
Jeez man it's just a store. I'll never understand this wacky attitude gamers are having.

Yeah, man. Why would anyone hate on a monopoly? Anti-consumer practices are so in vogue right now.
The Epic Store has been nothing but a net positive for the industry by bringing the same "brilliant" business tactics that are hammering the streaming service industry, thus leading to the resurgence of internet piracy.

You're right. There's nothing to worry about. It's just "another store".
Who knew "competition" and "monopoly" had the same meaning?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Yeah, man. Why would anyone hate on a monopoly? Anti-consumer practices are so in vogue right now.
The Epic Store has been nothing but a net positive for the industry by bringing the same "brilliant" business tactics that are hammering the streaming service industry, thus leading to the resurgence of internet piracy.

You're right. There's nothing to worry about. It's just "another store".
Who knew "competition" and "monopoly" had the same meaning?

How is it a monopoly though? There are plenty of other PC online stores or do you just mean when stores have exclusive games bought from developers?
This has always been the case in all aspects of the gaming industry and every industry.
Like does Netflix have a monopoly on series like Castlevania because they're not available on other streaming platforms which you have to pay extra for.
Far as I can see the games are a timed exclusive and all you have to do is downloading an app to play them.

Like gamers may not like this and I'm ok with them having a little rebellion but this is indeed the real world and from Epic's side this does seem like the only solution if you want to get people to use their store. Like it sucks a little bit having to change platform here and there but you cannot say this is all on Epic but it's also on valve here as well. Epic saw an opening and a weakness that valve had and they went for it.

It's business.

However I DONT like kickstarters compaign games using this though I will agree there. You fundraise the game to be able to play it exactly as was promised so platform exclusivity should never happen here without good reason which I haven't seen.

I'm not trying to be a corporate apologist but honestly this whole Epic debate is coming off as a non issue to me BUT
I'm not a PC gamer generally and I haven't used the Epic app and this isn't something I wanted to get into but I feel like I need someone to explain this to me ,I'm not completely set on my opinion here so can someone please educate me on what the big deal is here besides hating exclusives and the hassle of switching apps because that's what I'm seeing a lot of and to me it's not a good enough reason.

brian0057

Banned
This has always been the case in all aspects of the gaming industry and every industry.
Like does Netflix have a monopoly on series like Castlevania because they're not available on other streaming platforms which you have to pay extra for.

"Everyone else does it so it's fine". It's still a monopoly.
And yes, that includes Castlevania on Netflix, Bosch on Amazon, Game of Thrones on HBO, and whatever the hell Hulu is doing.

I share the hate for the egs, but it's as much as monopoly as steam is.

Actually, it's LESS of a monopoly than steam.

> Steam: *becomes the biggest store through sheer competition and by offering value to customers.*
> Gamers: "Fuck Valve! They're a monopoly. Those greedy cunts."
> Epic Store: *creates a literal monopoly of games by using exclusivity deals.*
> Gamers: "Finally! Some good old-fashioned competition."

Ok, then.

mcjmetroid

"Everyone else does it so it's fine". It's still a monopoly.
And yes, that includes Castlevania on Netflix, Bosch on Amazon, Game of Thrones on HBO, and whatever the hell Hulu is doing.

> Steam: *becomes the biggest store through sheer competition and by offering value to customers.*
> Gamers: "Fuck Valve! They're a monopoly. Those greedy cunts."
> Epic Store: *creates a literal monopoly of games by using exclusivity deals.*
> Gamers: "Finally! Some good old-fashioned competition."

Ok, then.

But exclusives are what entices people to switch to other services. It's been around forever at least since the beginning of time. If every local store was the same there could be no competition. This is the only instance in the history of consumerism that I'm hearing that competition is a bad thing?

I mean for years people were bitching about valve being lazy and letting any game on their store without testing them so it's not like this whinging started with the epic store.

Clothes stores all have different ranges of fashion some of which are exclusive to the store.
Video rental stores had exclusive movies attached to make you go there and only there
Radio programs have exclusive shows
Tv networks have exclusive programs
Gaming stores ocassionally had collectors edition for games
consoles continue to have exclusive games and like I mentioned before streaming services will have exclusive shows

This been been a thing for as long as I can remember but recently I'm hearing people give out about exclusives in consolesor pc storefronts (which is even funnier because all you have to do it download an app as opposed to buying a new console)
I mean this is Never going to stop.

If this is the best argument people can make then I think Epic have nothing to worry about. This negativity will die down soon and something else will come along to focus the PC gamers attention on.

Dunki

That's how they get you. xD

I don't care though, if I find a good deal I am walking into their trap gladly.
That is how they bribe you. They really think they can solve everything with throwing their money around like some 80 year old who can not get his dick erected sitting in a Ferrari trying to buy some women on the street

Top Bottom