• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Launches Digital Games Store With 88 Percent Revenue Going To Developers

LordRaptor

How many times do I have to explain this? It's a DE FACTO monopoly.

And valves marketshare for PC gaming (at something like 70%) is nothing close to Windows marketshare for Pc gaming (at something like 95%).

So wheres the concern about that?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
And valves marketshare for PC gaming (at something like 70%) is nothing close to Windows marketshare for Pc gaming (at something like 95%).

So wheres the concern about that?
I'm so tired of having to explain it so many times over and over.
steam has became the only place to play many, many games. You are forced to use it if you want to play on PC. For many developers and users steam is synonym with PC, to the point that you will see official wording like "released on steam" instead of "released on PC".
https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/12/13/epic-games-store-steam-competition/
Somewhere during the past decade, Steam became complacent. As an essential monopoly

LordRaptor

I'm so tired of having to explain it so many times over and over.
steam has became the only place to play many, many games. You are forced to use it if you want to play on PC. For many developers and users steam is synonym with PC, to the point that you will see official wording like "released on steam" instead of "released on PC".
https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/12/13/epic-games-store-steam-competition/

Did you just ignore what I said?
PC Gaming is more synonymous with Windows than it is with Steam. "Released on PC" means "released on Windows".

Why are you so bothered about Steams ~70% marketshare, not Microsofts ~98%?

I'm always hearing how great this new store is for developers but what about gamers i. e. customers? Steam didn't get big because it was so great for devs but because it is attractive to customers (after a difficult start) imo.

Orta

Banned
Signed up tonight via my Google account upon hearing of Remedy's Control coming to it. Didn't recognise my google password, requested a reset and it sent an email addressed to somebody called Ican???

When I entered the new Epic generated pass it claimed it was incorrect.

What a crock of shit! Deleted it, it'll likely never be reinstalled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom