• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

Minsc

Gold Member
I also know someone with a PS3 (only) that will be extremely upset about this news. Huge disney fan (probably been to WDW over 50 times), owns more $ in disney stuff than probably everything in my house is worth.

Blueblur1

The name and logo are uninspired. I hope they're not final. Kingdom Hearts and Disney fans will eat this up. There's no way this game won't do well in the marketplace.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
EmCeeGramr said:
Thinking about it... isn't this like, the first "AAA" third-party Wii game? Like, it's not a spinoff, it's being developed by serious talent instead of a B-team, its publisher and IP will no doubt ensure it will be well advertised, and from what little we know it'll contain "core" elements but still take advantage of the Wii. The only other example I can think of is Monster Hunter 3.

That's worth thinking about, for sure.

Okay, here's the list I've got of candidates that satisfy those conditions:
Trauma Center -- although it's a DS remake, serious talent, well-advertised for an Atlus game, takes advantage of the Wii while being very hardcore.

We Love Golf -- not spinoff, serious talent, but underadvertised and ended up being a "minor" title in terms of quality and impact, takes advantage of Wii. Kinda casual.

Zack and Wiki -- underadvertised and I have no idea if the team was considered an A-team within Capcom.

Boom Blox -- EALA / Dreamworks Interactive -- but it's casual

SSX Blur - EA Montreal ended up kinda being sorta mid-tier and the game was kinda meh, so I guess not.

A Boy and His Blob - fails on advertising criteria

Little King's Story - fails on advertising and taking advantage of the Wii but really star-studded talent involved.

Muramasa if you consider Vanillaware talented, lol Tales of Graces if you consider whatever tales team makes it. MadWorld if you consider Platinum high talent.

And, as you mentioned, Monster Hunter 3.

StAidan

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Hope this is as good as Magical Quest (hey, I thought it was great).

Totally agree. One of my favorite games of the SNES generation. I'd love to have another Disney release that lives up to that standard.

Blueblur1 said:
The name and logo are uninspired. I hope they're not final. Kingdom Hearts and Disney fans will eat this up. There's no way this game won't do well in the marketplace.
Name I can kinda agree with, but I really liked the logo for whatever reason.
Can't wait for this game, especially if it is a platformer!

Edit: October 12th, huh? Can't wait.

cool art...but what are they tring do to Mickey Mouse? He's an incredibly iconic and rather bland every childs character...epic and cool don't really fit. Still, I suppose its just a frame of reference to apply to a new concept

Still looks fantastic. Can't wait to see in game screens...or video. Mostly video :lol

I wonder how it plays. Mickey has a paintbrush, so maybe something similar to Okami?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Minsc said:
I also know someone with a PS3 (only) that will be extremely upset about this news. Huge disney fan (probably been to WDW over 50 times), owns more $ in disney stuff than probably everything in my house is worth.
Why would they be "extremely" upset?

$200 for a Wii is pittance compared to a trip to WDW, let alone multiple.

Snaku

Banned
That cover art looks amazing. I doubt the entire game will look like that though, so those worrying about whether the concept art will show up can chill out for now.

Ramenman

OMG THAT COVER IS FREAKIN OMG WALLPAPER !! D:

mclem said:
They actually managed to make It's a Small World look sinister!

Singing robots are sinister. Well, in Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, they are.

Sweet. I'll actually get to play this in the near future!

Minsc said:

Record his reaction and put it on YouTube.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Minsc said:
I'm sure he can spend $200 for a Wii and $50 for the game then if he is that big of a Disney fanatic. :p

upandaway

Haunted said:
Very interested in the genre now. Action-Adventure?
Wait, what? Now I'm interested.

I don't know why I'm alone here but I really don't get a "this is awesome" vibe from the art. Yeah, it's quality, but it doesn't really look all that outside of "let's make this weird just for the sake of making this weird."

HUELEN10

I just noticed my new tag. Damn, my 2nd tag due to the acts of some random crazy chick. :lol

Just to be sure, the Warren Spector thing is at 5 Eastern right?

Unison

021.jpg

That doesn't look that bad, so the Wii shouldn't be a problematic platform!

JoeFu

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
cool art...but what are they tring do to Mickey Mouse? He's an incredibly iconic and rather bland every childs character...epic and cool don't really fit. Still, I suppose its just a frame of reference to apply to a new concept

I wouldn't say Mickey is really that iconic anymore. I don't think kids even watch Mickey Mouse cartoons :( Do they even show them on Disney Channel anymore?

I think this appeals to 20 and up crowd who know and love Mickey already. We've played awesome Mickey Mouse games as kids and now this is something we can look forward to.

Artwork is awesome and I can't wait for more media from it!

inner-G

Banned
I must be weird.

I find the cover name and logo to be very underwhelming. The character art is interesting though.

Rhindle

Intriguing, especially with the "paintbrush as a weapon" concept in the mix. Have any hints been dropped on the gameplay mechanics?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Y2Kev said:
Huelen, you creep me out.

It looks action-adventurey more than platformer just based on the art I think. A Zelda/Okami style game would be really cool. I think-- at least historically-- that's what WS has been good at anyway.

the very notion makes me want to cartoonishly jump into the air and click my heels together.

. . . more zelda, less okami, please (requisite okami dig)

OnPoint

D4Danger said:

Kinda obvious lol

Minsc said:

Then that person should be able to afford a Wii.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
beelzebozo said:
the very notion makes me want to cartoonishly jump into the air and click my heels together.

. . . more zelda, less okami, please (requisite okami dig)
Mickey is carrying a paintbrush. you lose goodday sir

HUELEN10

Firestorm said:
holy fapfapfap at cover
my god
2hhekpx.gif

Can't unsee! I agree with you though, I can't wait till the full version of that art, as well as all the final art gets release. Such awesome news, can't wait until 5pm! :D
U K Narayan said:
What the Hell? This looks nothing like the artwork! What happened? :(
That shot is from either Hide and Sneak or Magical Mirror for the GCN. No shots of this game have been released or leaked.

So seeing the banned members, I take it we're allowed to express our delight of it being on the Wii but not our dismay of it not being on other two?

Well, either way, I'm really excited for the game. I seriously didn't think it would end up looking as dark as the concept art leaks, but that seems to be the case. Day 1 most definitely.

Ramenman

So when is "4 PM CST" ? Someone just say "it's in [x] hours", so that we're not bothered by timezones.

inner-G said:
I must be weird.

I find the cover name and logo to be very underwhelming.
The character art is interesting though.

Everyone does, you're not weird.

Nobody cares enough compared to the way the concept art looks though.

Minsc

Gold Member
OnPoint said:
Then that person should be able to afford a Wii.

I agree, and I'm sure they will end up picking one up, as their kids will no doubt want to play it. They just have huge bookshelves of PS2/PS3 games, long time Sony fan I guess.

Ramenman said:
So when is "4 PM CST" ? Someone just say "it's in [x] hours", so that we're not bothered by timezones.

Everyone does, you're not weird.

If it is central time, it should be in 4 hours.
Also, I lik the logo. It reminds me of the old cartoons' font.

Top Bottom