• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

Ramenman

HUELEN10 said:
29uq3gk.png

The logo kinda seals the deal IMO.

You mean that logo that looks like a placeholder written in the "COMIC" font ?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That GI cover is seriously soaked in awesome. I want it as a wallpaper sans the GI part.

I'll be anticipating seeing some screens of this. I'm glad I kept the Wii!

edit : iceatcs bow

How did you do that?

Edit: Umm, there are some added JPEG artifacts, reupload to a site that turns it into PNG and then upload it at Photobucket, it might work. I don't like Photobucket, it did lower the quality of some of my uploads even though they were PNG I think, but try it anyway.

Bluth54

I love the look of the cover art, I can't wait to read more about this game.

Hopefully Game Informer will release a high res version of the cover artwork without anything extra on it, it would be great as a desktop wallpaper.

HDR+ragdoll said:
Can a game be awesome AND sell millions on the wii? Did SMG sell real well? I can't remember.
Around 8 million, I think. Certainly not the highest selling title on Wii, but it puts about 99.5% of other games to shame.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Door2Dawn said:
Fucking Fall 2010!?

BLARGH

So far away :(
Sin & Punishment 2
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Shiren 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Other M
Epic Mickey

That's just off the top of my head.

Jeeeeeeesus. o_O;

G.O.O.

Some lost interest because of the wii exclusivity, I gained it (was sure it would be PS360). Can't wait to see why this choice was made.

GhaleonQ

It's not like that logo took more than 2 minutes to make. I doubt it's permanent.

beelzebozo said:
think they'll play more to the early, or to the modern? it'd be interesting to see them inject him with some really strong personality for this. i postulate he'll be a cipher through which we view the events of the game, though. an iconic and paradoxically evocative cipher, but yeah.

They aren't scared to take a risk every now and then (the one where Mickey transforms into a beast, for instance), and every bit of concept art has pointed to evoking the old shorts. The concept's perfect for his old Oswald/Bosco incompetence plus his good guy mischievousness, with a little cipher and modern "oh-ho!" persona thrown in.

HUELEN10

Princess Skittles said:
Sin & Punishment 2
No More Heroes 2
Monster Hunter 3
Shiren 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Other M
Epic Mickey

That's just off the top of my head.

Jeeeeeeesus. o_O;
Isn't Zelda also coming out 2010, or is that merely rumored? Either way, next year's gonna kick some ass! :lol

mclem

BrandNew said:
Are those ghost things the spirits/ghosts from the Night on Bald Mountain portion of Fantasia? omg

Given that they're around the Haunted Mansion, I imagine it's the, er, 'ghost inverse waterfall' thing from the graveyard scene in that ride.

Firestorm

G.O.O. said:
Some lost interest because of the wii exclusivity, I gained it (was sure it would be PS360). Can't wait to see why this choice was made.
I don't care why it was made. I just want to see how it looks. Being heavily stylized means it should look good (See: Muramasa, Super Mario Galaxy). Not to mention it looks to be a high budget game so I'm thinking effort was spent. I'm keeping my hopes high :)

Hero of Legend said:
I think it's obvious from the concept art and this cover art that the tone may be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaad too dark for young kids. :p

Were you born in the 90's?

As someone who grew up as a kid in the 80's, there was plenty of "dark entertainment" geared towards kids, especially in movies.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I haven't been following this, but is the tone that is apparent in the concept art going to be same approach taken in the game?

mclem said:
Given that they're around the Haunted Mansion, I imagine it's the, er, 'ghost inverse waterfall' thing from the graveyard scene in that ride.

Eh, I'm still not so sure. They look pretty similar to these guys:

fantasia.jpg

GhaleonQ

BrandNew said:
Are those ghost things the spirits/ghosts from the Night on Bald Mountain portion of Fantasia? omg

Definitely. And Oswald the Lucky's Rabbit's by the fence in the other one. He's the villain, right? Can anyone zoom in and keep the resolution usable?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
gregor7777 said:
The game is played from the perspective of the artist, tripping on acid.

All set to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

HUELEN10

EmCeeGramr said:
I wonder why Mickey himself seems to be melting. The ink is flying right out of his ears.
Maybe it's the "spirit of mickey", and he's trying to resort the world and himself by his paintbrush! That's my little theory anyways, based on the "paint thinner" pic!
Rapping Granny said:
Damn, was hoping it would be for one of the HD consoles, the art looks amazing though.
2wm48d3.jpg

Bluth54

iceatcs said:
I used some of my magic photoshop. All Clean :D

[I MG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/iceatcs/EpicMickeyCleanCover.jpg[/IMG]
I can't believe I missed your post, thanks for doing that. Looks great.

iceatcs

Hero of Legend said:
How did you do that?

Edit: Umm, there are some added JPEG artifacts, reupload to a site that turns it into PNG and then upload it at Photobucket, it might work. I don't like Photobucket, it did lower the quality of some of my uploads even though they were PNG I think, but try it anyway.
I use finger all the way :)

If you are member of Photobucket like I am, it won't reduce the size or quality.
but here is a lossless picture PNG version - http://i33.tinypic.com/2zfmmqa.png

Glad some of you satisfy without text.

Magypsy23

Banned
Shining Sunshine said:
So they take the family friendly Mickey Mouse, made him look badass and hardcore, then target it for the family friendly console?

Fake edit: I can't quote fast enough.:lol

1-D_FTW

Shining Sunshine said:
So they take the family friendly Mickey Mouse, made him look badass and hardcore, then target it for the family friendly console?

Or unlike most developers, maybe Warren Spector had some unique ideas for how to exploit the Wiimote and wanted to make them core gameplay features that would have to be gutted if it were multi-platform.

No use speculating on the motive until it's unveiled. But have hope there's an actual reason besides marketing.

Shiggy

EmCeeGramr said:
I wonder why Mickey himself seems to be melting. The ink is flying right out of his ears.

Maybe this gives a small hint:
it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune.

G.O.O. said:
Combined, the Wii still has a significantly larger install base.

It's weird that people have to question why the market leader console gets games.

HUELEN10

GhaleonQ said:
1512_epicmickey-cover_single.jpg

Can anyone zoom in on Oswald?
OSWALD!

Holy shit Ghaleon, you have such good eyes! My new avatar for the game's release. :D

Also, I'm reposting the fact sheet for the new page so nobody's out of the loop.
2afgbcz.jpg

ultim8p00 said:
Fuuuuuuuck!! Whyyyyyy is it a Wii exclusive??
e0lobc.gif

Top Bottom