• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic seems to have Unreal Tournament running on the Switch (Prototyping?)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
For the Vita and Wii U, Epic used Epic Citadel as their test project IIRC.

Using Unreal Tournament as a test project makes a lot of sense, as it's small enough to port more easily, and is also a fairly demanding game, so they should run into most of the development hurdles you would with a real project.

I have no idea if Epic will support the Switch with games or not, but if they did, I would probably expect Fortnite, SpyJinx, or even Paragon well before Unreal Tournament, given that's such a barebones shell of a game.

Unreal Engine 2.5 was an Epic creation. It was what they named the engine for Unreal Championship 2 on the original Xbox.

Wait, when did they use the Epic Citadel on Wii U? I distinctly remember the Epic Citadel demo live on stage back at the PlayStation Meeting of 2011, but nothing of sorts for Wii U.

If they have an internal Switch build of UT doesn't that give us a potential way of comparing the UE4 presets with an actual game?

Also I'm getting my hopes up, someone shatter them to save me from unneeded disappointment

Has anyone tried this yet? Running UT on the settings detailed in the other thread? I'm not sure if the PS4/XB1 settings exist in the same way for a comparison, but it might at least be worthwhile to compare it to UT running on a pretty beefy PC. Maybe even at max Epic settings?

Luschient

Bump.

In reading through various Switch threads, I came across this one. Has there been any kind of word from Epic or the UT community about this?

I've been following the UT Alpha build thread but sounds like nothing new has come from it since around November of last year. Would be great to see this on any of the current consoles and if it's coming to Switch, that could definitely make me want one.

Top Bottom