• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN 2K5: Worth $20?

Diablos

I want a new sports game, but I figured I'd ask you fine gamers what you thought of this one first. I'm probably going to pick up the XBox version. Hell, it's only $20.

I paid $20 and its an amazing game, worth $50...

ill play this game more than any other game this year outside of halo 2, most likely.. so that warrants $50 in my opinion..

at $20, there is no reason that anyone should pass it up, even hardcore madden fans..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
If you are a real, hardcore football fan, ESPN will piss you off to no end because of littl glitches and just plain weird AI. If you are not that much of a sports fan, then I could see how one wouldn't notice or mind the shortcomings of the game.

Gregory

Banned
Everybody should buy the ESPN games, especially because they`re only 20 bucks. Hopefully this could force EA and others to do the same.

Yearly sports games are not worth 50 bucks, period.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gregory said:
Everybody should buy the ESPN games, especially because they`re only 20 bucks. Hopefully this could force EA and others to do the same.

The changes from Madden 2003 to Madden 2004 to Madden 2005 have been worth $50.

Soul4ger

Gregory said:

If you honestly think 2K6 will be $20 next year, you're fooling yourself. They're trying to build the brand name, so that they can gain more followers, so that they can start playing on an even field with Madden.

Gregory

Banned
Soul4ger said:
If you honestly think 2K6 will be $20 next year, you're fooling yourself. They're trying to build the brand name, so that they can gain more followers, so that they can start playing on an even field with Madden.

If Sega can, and they hopefully will, gain some marketshare this year, I think they will continue with the 20$ pricetag until they`re atleast really competitive with EA. Then perhaps EA must do something similar.

Anyhow, it`s just idiotic to not support Sega`s move. It`s like saying we don`t want games to be cheaper. And if there`s any games that really should be cheaper, it`s the sports games. It`s not exactly like they`re rebuilding the games from scratch every year..

well if you use both the GGC and the $5 off any Xbox Live game coupons at Best Buy, you should be able to get it for $10. Hell, if only one of those works it's a great deal at $15.

Mrbob

Soul4ger said:

Well, Sega didn't do any favors by shipping the game with all the problems it has. For 20 bucks it is a good buy, even with its problems. Anything higher and they are pushing it. Too many stupid bugs to this game which have already been talked about.

Diablos

I'm talking Football, sorry.

No, I'm not a big sports fan but holy crap, those graphics look amazing. Go ahead, call me a graphics whore :p It's not like this gen of console games had much of anything going for it in the gameplay department, anyhow. :D

XS+

Banned
Hell, it'd be great for all games to be $20..

The wisest move for the ESPN games is to stay in the $20 range until the next generation rolls out.

Top Bottom