• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN ranks North America's pro sports franchises 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudcrab

Breaking the top 50 in this list is probably the best thing my Saints will do this year.

988a0596939099d40ebc7ddc6d87febf.jpg

Wow! Surprised my Marlins didn't make the bottom 10. Must be the new stadium and ticket prices that took them out of it. Expected the Heat to be higher though.

phanphare

Banned
No real hate. They are a solid team but they've only been there for what 15 years? There is no real history yet. No titles, and the farthest they've gone is get swept in the conference finals if I recall correctly.

I guess that kind of makes sense but they've got a great team to watch, have been consistently competitive in the west, and their arena is a great atmosphere for a game.

I like the Grizzlies, I root for them in the playoffs. Just obvious that they don't have crazy fan support and they haven't won anything ever. The criteria is trash.

disagree with their fan support. I don't know how much stock you're putting into the word "crazy" but they've got great fans.

Allforce

How the fuck are the Blue Jackets so high?

Haha I thought the same thing, but then I realized I've never paid more than 20 bucks for a ticket to a game at Nationwide and always sit lower bowl, sometimes as close as 3-4 rows up from the glass.

I'm a Wings fan but Jackets games are still fun to go to, they seem to get hot 2-3 times a year and the energy in that arena is pretty high. Fun times.

ryseing

for an ESPN list the Carolina Panthers are pretty high up there

nice

Can't resist the Cam.

Of course our other two franchises are in the 80s but shrug

Also, hockey teams always have an edge in these sorts of things thanks to the cheap tickets.

JABEE

The Flyers are way too low on this list. It seems like small market teams that can't charge more for their tickets have an advantage on this list.

Sifl

No ones messing with my Knicks, we're the best. Porzgod is leading us to a championship this year.
No, I'm not being serious

Yawnier

Banned
At least the leafs are finally rebuilding the right way, slowly through the draft.

Harold Ballard set the leafs back about 50 years. Worst sports team owner ever.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Cards are 12, Seahawks are 5th. Not too shabby.

For those complaining about how it is done, there's a table in the OP that actually explains it.

92 being Dolphins, oof.

AntoneM

right, not allowing you to wear opposing teams colors if you sit behind the plate is a great way to serve customers

Oh, it's only been Dodger fans in one of the very few seats at dugout level behind home plate (like 12 seats). Meanwhile the Dodgers had a pool party at Chase Field when they clinched a few years ago.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
My Jags are #64, that's surprising. We rank higher than the Tampa Bay Yucks
Miami DoLolphins
Tennessee Tacks

List is legit.

Seems legit to me. Being a Clippers fan probably suck since you're never going to win cause you're the Clippers. Your owners is crazy. Your ticket prices probably suck because you're in L.A. Beer/food prices probably suck at Staples too. Traffic to and from game probably suck cause.. you're in L.A. LA is still a Lakers town.

Raw64life

I remember this list from last year. Mets finally out of the bottom 10!

Knicks and Jets still dismal though.

Good to see that me being a miserable sports fan is completely justified.

Isotope

79. Philadelphia Eagles
81. Philadelphia Flyers
98. Philadelphia 76ers
118. Philadelphia Phillies

( ・᷄ ︵・᷅ ) Weird list overall, but this is probably justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom