• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN the magazine sucks nuts even at the low low price of free

Status
Not open for further replies.
i signed up (probably from GA) for a year or two free for espn the magazine and let me tell you ladies something: that shit goes straight into the trash can when i get it. the articles are all garbage, they dont talk enough about the meat and potatoes of football, and there are too many shots of dudes in revealing poses. thank god i didn't pay for this crapfest. anyone else agree? 2 thumbs down espn the magazine

calder

ESPN the mag is good, or at least 10trillion times more interesting than the borefest that is SI. The Sporting News is probably my favourite multi-sport mag though, for plain no-frills reporting and in depth stuff without the sometimes painful attempts at hip that ESPN has or the yawn inducing self importance of SI.

etiolate

Banned
It's still better than SI. Reading SI you wouldn't think there's an NBA season going on. Last week I got an issue of SI and it had a photo of three buttnaked old men playing golf. If that doesn't perfectly sum up Sports Illustrated then I don't know what does.

theo

Contest Winner
The Sporting News is the best. I had a free year of that, and enjoyed it so much that I renewed it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
the greatest thing Ive ever seen was a cover article for David Boston back when he first signed with the Chargers.. I mean, David Boston has had exactly one good season... and been injured and jacked on all sorts of crap since then. Maybe a 2 page article on Boston.. but what has he ever done, other than look like a freak, to deserve the cover of anything?

Maybe if Jake the Snake hadnt gone nuts his Bowl performance (Rose? dont recall) may have warrented it.

Give me SI's writing over all the others anyday. I don't need in-your-face pictures, a whole lotta colors, and a whole bunch of "flair". So I guess if a lack of that is considered "boring" then, for me, the articles/writing make up for it.

Scoobert

2005cover.jpg

Brannon

OT, but I tried to read my first issue of VIBE in like, forfuckingever, and I am never reading that shit again. I was doing some casual page flipping to get to an article and I counted sixty pages of ads before the first main article.

Sixty
Fucking
Pages

In the front of the mag. 60 pages of ads.

And the article sucked.

SIXTY PAGES OF ADVERTISEMENT MATERIAL. That is some low class bullshit right there.

Thread hijack over.

Ramirez

I have only read and owned one copy of this crap mag,and it was the one with Iverson on the cover of his MVP year.

Bowser

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i signed up (probably from GA) for a year or two free for espn the magazine and let me tell you ladies something: that shit goes straight into the trash can when i get it. the articles are all garbage, they dont talk enough about the meat and potatoes of football, and there are too many shots of dudes in revealing poses. thank god i didn't pay for this crapfest. anyone else agree? 2 thumbs down espn the magazine

Agreed. I got it for free from GA awhile ago also, and it sucks. Doesn't help that they can't even get people's names right most of the times (for instance, the most recent issue [with Steve Nash on the cover] has an 2-3 page article on the Tar Heels, and they give the pictures of Raymond Felton, Sean May, and Jawad Williams. However, in the caption, they say Raymond Felton, Sean May, and frosh Marvin Williams. Fucking dumbasses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom