• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN Tourney #4

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
worst game i have ever played against someone online.... thats it... there is no more to see here.... i will not play him again...

Good game mal.

The turnovers really killed you. :(

and for some odd reason, my mic is not working...it wasn't working when i tried to play Konex as well. :(

Edit: typo

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cmdr. Solrak said:
Good game mal.

The turnovers really killed you.

and for some odd reason, my mic is not working...it was working when i tried to play Konex as well.

GG my ass... I am serious, I am glad we got our season game out the way, and if by some strange reason we meet in the playoffs, its all you... u can have it...and your mic is probably working, I just had nothing to say to such Kraft

Come on dude....some of our previous games were very close. This particlular game....the luck was better on my side than on yours, that's all. :)

Cloudy

Banned
Hey Solrak. Just for future reference, the league rules apply in tournies too :p

Manually moving (not with a line shift) defensive linemen OR moving them off the line of scrimmage prior to the snap to try to sack folks or block FGs/punts

is NOT allowed

Apparently, you did this against Mally. Please don't bring the cheese to anymore league or tourney games.

PS: I'm tired now, let's play tomorrow.....

Manually moving (not with a line shift) defensive linemen OR moving them off the line of scrimmage prior to the snap to try to sack folks or block FGs/punts

Are you serious...when was this put in???

I have done this move in every game up to this point. No one seemed to bring it up in past tourneys or even the league.

Mal, dude had I would have known of this, I would have never done it.

I'm real sorry dude. :(

To show good will to you dude...I will drop out of the tourney for using a 'Kraft' move in our game.

Konex, is there anyway to give the W to mal from your standpoint???

Cloudy

Banned
No, there is no way to reverse it so don't drop out. Just keep it in mind for next time. The rules have been there for a while (since the QB cheese saga...)

I personally didn't notice it when we played but I always hotblock with everyone except my 2 pass options and some folks don't like to do that....

Cloudy

Banned
We'll have another tourney as soon as this one ends. It wouldn't be fair to the rest of us if you drop out :p

It was a simple mistake and we're moving on :)

Ok then.

But may I suggest something...If I end up winning the tourney, can Mal play me again to determen the winner outright of the tourney?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Cmdr. Solrak said:
I don't think it's right that I should continue from a cheese win. :(

Wouldn't be fair to Mal.

naw its cool man, I was actually feeling pretty good when I got a play off under those circumstances , a great sense of satisfaction... my D couldnt stop you, so its all good... you know now, its cool, I am dropping it.. no hard feelings.... keep playing man...

I wish my mic was working Mal so that I would have heard you say something about it. :(

Oh well...no hard feelings dude, I enjoy it when we go at it in the pigskin sport. :)

And now....if I happen to win the tourney, you and I go at it once more to determin the winner. HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
naw man you win the tourney , its all you... hopefully we will meet in another tourney or in the season down the line.... I am sure we will get some scrimmages in...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea you did this to me once Solrak,but I dont like getting Cubs fans in a hissy fit :p

AztecaGX

yup and I lost to him by only 7.

No wonder I only won by 7. :p

Question about the brackets. Are they randomly generated or those the admin. just pick the names out of a hat.

Edit: Hey DM, when can you play?

Manually pulling a defender off the line to help blitz is cheese? WTF? It's football for chrissakes. If I'm pulling off a guy to help blitz, I'm leaving a spot open for the offense. Adapt and stop whining :p -- FMT (nor any other opponent I've had on Live) had no trouble kicking my ass despite the occasional sack I got.

Cloudy

Banned
Manually pulling a defender off the line to help blitz is cheese?

Don't get me wrong, you can move your DBs anywhere but your d-linemen can only be moved via line shifts. The reason is because it's a bit too easy to get sacks when you move one lineman individually to set a path to the QB.

If you wanna really pressure the QB, call the appropriate line stunt before you pick the play and pull some DBs to the line to help. You'd be taking a chance with that too but at least it's legit :)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I can play tonight after 9 p.m. central or pretty much anytime tomorrow. Just let me know.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Good game Cloudy. You were quite the offensive machine. I'm going to have to get better on D if I'm going to use the Saints. I've been yelling at them to draft a DB in the 1st round since the 2001 draft. Still they take overweight, overrated DLs.

Were the results reported? My screen froze on the "Reporting game results" screen. I thought the patch fixed this shit.

Cloudy

Banned
Yes, it was reported. It just takes a while depending on how many league/tourney games are in the queue. Just leave ur xbox on till it finishes next time :). Check the tourney site for the stats.

PS: I'll post something I wrote up for the league in the games forum. It should help :)

2 games to go!!!

get them in!

Konex.....

Uncle~Sam~-~I~Want~You.jpg

Top Bottom