• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Rates Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City For PlayStation 3

Ridley327

Hopefully they aren't just PC ports, but rather remastered. Otherwise the pc versions would still be a better buy.

Sony publishes all of the PS2 releases on PSN, so they're assured to be just ISO dumps with whatever kinks worked out from when the emulation was split between software and hardware.

I played it on my iPhone of all places recently, haha. Imperfect controls aside, I actually really enjoyed it.

I'm splitting hairs, though. When I said San Andreas is the "worst" I'm just thinking of a few nitpicks that put it behind the others. It's still a personal classic for me.

That could be. Though I also think that could get people excited to revisit San Andreas.
I replayed GTAIII a couple years ago, I think it holds up and is still my favorite GTA to date. I mean yeah sure the controls are clunky now but the music, the characters and the city have yet to be beaten. Plus in that game unlike GTAIV you actually can do missions the way you want, not the way Rockstar scripted out (case in point, using vehicles to block roads before missions etc.)

Finally, silent protagonist > all others.

BigDug13

I can play all of the GTA games on my PS3, but GTA3, VC, and SA still look like ass. Definitely need them in an HD collection.

Would probably be the hottest selling HD collection of all the ones released so far, too.

What would be the point of that?

To be honest I wish GTA5 was set in a new location.
Why make a whole new city in a whole new area when you can just keep iterating on the same ones for 10+ years? It's the Rockstar way. In 2020 we'll get a new Vice City in GTA VI I'm sure.

But isn't Los Santos basically a whole new location? I wouldn't consider Liberty City from GTA III the same as Liberty City from GTA IV.
True but Liberty City is still loosely based of NYC in both cases.

madmook

Good for you. Please call Obama and ask him to issue an emergency statement that you are not buying it.

Thank fucking you!
lol wut

Anyways, will buy. I'd prefer a hd ps3/vita version, but I'd still bite even if it was just ps2 classics. Don't have a BC ps3 anymore.

TheNatural

My Member!
Vice City is best fuckers. No long ass meaningless countryside, stupid ass meter management, stupid ass gang alert grid alarm, stupid ass mini helicopter tank controls missions, or Superman 64 ring tutorials to swim or fly. Fuck that noise.

Game Guru

You know of all the games to not get the HD Remaster treatment, the PS2/Xbox/PC GTA games are the ones that makes the least amount of sense. I mean the GTA games were the best selling games of the PS2 and sold excellently on Xbox. When people think of a classic PS2 game, nine times out of ten, one of its three GTA games is going to come up. Who here wouldn't have bought GTA The Trilogy HD with GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas? Hell, throw in ports of the PC versions of GTA1 & GTA2 as extras and really make it live up to that name.

I own the PC versions of all of the GTA games I mentioned on Steam, so I'm not affected, but I still don't think this makes sense.

Top Bottom