• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Estherwood officer (Louisiana) to resign after racist social media post

Sigh, the picture meme is disturbing

5981cf86210000a134fc9ca1.png

A Louisiana man entrusted to protect the people in his community has resigned from his position after sharing a disgusting, threatening meme on Facebook.

Wayne Welsh, an assistant chief at the Estherwood Police Department, shared a post Sunday depicting a woman holding a young girl’s head under water in a bathtub, with the caption, “When your daughters [sic] first crush is a little negro boy.”

Social media users grabbed a screenshot of the officer’s post and it quickly went viral.

Welsh’s community was outraged, and though local media didn’t immediately release his identity, folks on the internet were happy to oblige:

Estherwood’s police chief, Ernest Villejoin, confirmed to HuffPost Wednesday that Welsh had resigned and said the “situation has been taken care of.” He told local media earlier this week that he was dumfounded when he saw the post.

“When I found out about it, I couldn’t believe I had to call him. I called him at work and asked him what the hell is going on,” Villejoin told local news outlet KADN. “He done it. He said it and he realized what he had done after he done it and he deleted it but it was too late.”

Welsh, whose Facebook page is now private, appeared to be surprised at the backlash before he apologized on Monday, according to KATC.

“It’s not against the law to share something on Facebook. It’s social media. Internet,” he posted, before backpedaling with an apology. “Well, I’m sorry for what happen. Ya [sic] have a blessed day.”

Estherwood City Hall immediately distanced itself from the situation, writing on Facebook Monday that it didn’t have control over employment at the police department.

Villejoin told HuffPost that he didn’t yet know who would take over Welsh’s position.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...cture-on-facebook_us_5981ceb8e4b09d24e99438ad

other pics he liked shared before he deleted them recaptured:
https://www.facebook.com/News15KADN/posts/290746407998454

I'm glad this stupid piece of shit so willingly exposed himself on social media. That's a future black life saved, though he's probably already fucked some people over.

Small town police officer in the South hates us black folks. Shocking. Outing scum like this is one of the few benefits that social media has IMO.

And the fact that he was the assistant police chief, there's no telling how many black lives he's fucked over.

RinsFury

What the FUCK?

I'm glad this piece of shit was fired at the very least, no doubt other precincts will be lining up for this racist.

NoName999

I swear if ANYONE here so much as even THINK about defending this man.....

No

No mental illness excuse
No he should keep his job excuse
No free speech excuse
No "This is why Trump won" excuse
No deflecting
No whataboutism
No have empathy excuse
No cop defending
No downplaying this by saying it's "a difference of opinion"

None.... of.... it!

Nephtes

This is the reason people from New Orleans (like myself) tend to think of the rest of Louisiana like some kind of no-man's-land that is stuck in 1960...and not really attached to us. (Except it is...)

Hey Texas, would you like some additional territory?

Derwind

Ivan 3414

This is the reason people from New Orleans (like myself) tend to think of the rest of Louisiana like some kind of no-man's-land that is stuck in 1960...and not really attached to us. (Except it is...)

Hey Texas, would you like some additional territory?

You think you're the only state with a liberal metropolitan area surrounded by a sea of conservative hate? hahaha. Pretty sure places like Dallas aren't up for that offer.

ShyMel

Just because something isn't against the law doesn't mean you should do it. Especially if it's posting racist junk. We can only imagine how many people suffered because of his beliefs.

Had he shared it to a specific person's FB page with the intent to intimidate, it could be illegal.

But it looks like he's just a piece of shit racist cop in general. Run of the mill variety that looks down on all non-white people as inferior. You know, just like most cops.

Glad he "resigned". Hopefully he doesn't qualify for any pensions and never works in law enforcement again.

Supha_Volt

Neo Member
Disgusting . I didn't see anything indicating he was fired but even at the worst he'll just get a slap on the wrist and say he won't do it again.

HylianTom

Banned
There's a reason that I tend to stay here in New Orleans.

Venture out into the country, and this type of disgusting sentiment becomes much more common.

As they become a plurality in this country, many white people are not going to handle the next few decades well. We're going to see a ton of this.

Nephtes

You think you're the only state with a liberal metropolitan area surrounded by a sea of conservative hate? hahaha. Pretty sure places like Dallas aren't up for that offer.

You mean "hate". There's nothing conservative about this. It's just hate. Plain and simple.
As far as I know the cop didn't mention anything about his fiscal views in this hate post did he?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
"I'm sorry you guys found out I'm racist". Fuck that shit, I hope he never gets to have another job as important as police officer where he can alter lives.

I don't get these people.

If you are racist, and you hold a public job like that why would you out yourself with stupid posts on Facebook?

Its like they can't help themselves.

Top Bottom