• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon |OT| - The Mysterious Adventures of Fight and Heal

Shiina

I am literally on my first dungeon and Mauricio the Dancer suddenly ran off on her own, got wrecked causing a monster to power up and then it wiped my party.

I fucking swear.

I still don't understand why the AI suddenly decides to run off on its own sometimes.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still don't understand why the AI suddenly decides to run off on its own sometimes.

It tries to attack what it considers a close target. Does lead to issues at times so one would need to manually switch to prevent that even if it wastes a turn ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Thoraxes

Looks like UPS botched the delivery of my package.

Wonder if I can get some kind of compensation for late delivery.

Finallly home, now I'm just waiting adjaskldjaskldj I'm so excited!

IMG_20150407_183517258.jpg

Shiina

It tries to attack what it considers a close target. Does lead to issues at times so one would need to manually switch to prevent that even if it wastes a turn ( ̄▽ ̄;)

No they sometimes totally run off. Like away from the main group and through those 1x1 tile paths to the other side of the map. Really weird.

Parakeetman

No they sometimes totally run off. Like away from the main group and through those 1x1 tile paths to the other side of the map. Really weird.

hmmm that is odd have not had anyone in my party do that (;・ω・)

TheGrue

What do the orange puddles of liquid do when you step in them? Seems like it takes a couple people to step in them and then some effect happens to my party. Not talking about the amber ones that fill TP and FP.

Edit - Nevermind, the game just told me. :p

Parakeetman

What do the orange puddles of liquid do when you step in them? Seems like it takes a couple people to step in them and then some effect happens to my party. Not talking about the amber ones that fill TP and FP.

Edit - Nevermind, the game just told me. :p

Yeah those will appear in a tutorial giving an explanation about it.

Vena

Gotta say... this has rekindled my interest in EO, haha.

I was really getting fatigued on the 2D-grid gameplay from EOIV, EOU, and PQ. This has a been a good change of pace even if the combat has a lot of similar overall nuances...

... Also seems they fixed some of the balance issues.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

Medic, where are you going? Medic? Medic?! MEDIC!!!!

(•_•)
<) )&#9583; RE-
/ \

\(•_•)
( (> CALL
/ \

(•_•)
<) )> SCROLL
/ \

And all was right in the world.

Parakeetman

Medic, where are you going? Medic? Medic?! MEDIC!!!!

(•_•)
<) )&#9583; RE-
/ \

\(•_•)
( (> CALL
/ \

(•_•)
<) )> SCROLL
/ \

And all was right in the world.

lol Ive never had to use one of those yet outside like at the start of a map where we were all separated for whatever reason. D:

Nice that there are a lot of useful scrolls, but so terrible for a packrat like me that has to carry one of everything just in case lol

kunonabi

Copy came in the mail today. I'm still working though Persona Q so I won't start on it till maybe next week or so. Really looking forward to it though.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
lol Ive never had to use one of those yet outside like at the start of a map where we were all separated for whatever reason. D:

Nice that there are a lot of useful scrolls, but so terrible for a packrat like me that has to carry one of everything just in case lol

I had broke myself of that habit until I found you can use teleport scrolls to ninja snag disappearing treasure chests. Then it was right back to "well, I MIGHT need this later, soooo"

Parakeetman

I had broke myself of that habit until I found you can use teleport scrolls to ninja snag disappearing treasure chests. Then it was right back to "well, I MIGHT need this later, soooo"

I use those stones? no idea what the localized name is for them, but the one where you teleport to wherever it lands after throwing it. Man those are so useful. Since sometimes its just so D: showing up in a room and seeing that blinking dot on the minimap and its WAAAAAAAAAY on the otherside lol.

Parakeetman

http://www.gamingunion.net/reviews/etrian-mystery-dungeon/

Had some issues due to MS Word nuking part of the review (yay Microsoft), but got my review up earlier this evening if OP wants to add it to the list.

Really hoping they do a sequel, was glad to see a cross-over that felt fully realized between the two parts.

Yep give me a second will update now.

Also you might want to let the webmaster know that your guys scoring policy section of the website is broken.

Parakeetman

Reviews section has been fully updated with all of the ones listed on metacritic. Including the bad reviews for folks to laugh at.

Stencil

Oh shit this is out!! I need to get my 3DS back from my sis. Been waitin on this one for a while now... AAaaah! No more struggling through the beginnings of Shiren Wii to get my Myster Dungeon fix.

Laconic

Banned
I JUST beat the third dungeon.

I lost my Pally to the boss, 3 rounds before the end, but I eeked it out.

I probably should have gone back before heading down... it was pretty close.

My team was: Pally, Shark, Dancer, and Gunner.

My gunner had a +2 gun with Sleep on it, which helped get to the boss.

So far it has not been TOO difficult...

But now I hear tales of DOEs.

It begins.

One of these days release date delivery will actually mean release date delivery.

It's the main reason I do in-store pickup when possible.

Yep. Although I don't benefit from that because frankly, they won't bother for my state.

And I almost failed to pick this up too, because apparently I never preordered :/ But there was an extra copy, so whatevs

GeekyDad

Very good so far. Not sure how others are playing, but I find myself switching leaders a lot to maximize my team. There's a lot more strategy to take advantage of than I anticipated.

pwack

I've played and loved EO1 through 4, finishing the main story for 1, 3, and 4.

I need to decide what game to play next, as I don't get a ton of gaming time and love RPGs. Choices are this game, Persona Q (I like Persona 3 and 4, but like EO more), or Xenoblade, which I've not previously played.

Opinions?

vareon

I finally found a situation where my party members ran off into random directions for no reason. It was just after I tried water walking. They just don't want to regroup.

Anyone got this too?

Astarte

Got the game, one of two preorders at my gamestop = v=

I am getting destroyed someone send help my yolo tactics aren't working

vall03

That was quick, just unlocked Ninja, Sovereign and Wanderer classes. Now I don't know what party to use since I have one of every class now. Thinking of going Protector, Wanderer, Sovereign, Gunner. Really sad I can't fit a Dancer in the party.:(

That was quick, just unlocked Ninja, Sovereign and Wanderer classes. Now I don't know what party to use since I have one of every class now. Thinking of going Protector, Wanderer, Sovereign, Gunner. Really sad I can't fit a Dancer in the party.:(

How dare you?

4 characters is so limiting :(

ErichWK

Everyone auto attacking is throwing me off. My protector keeps wasting all her TP by provoking constantly even though the enemy is a huge distance away

spiritfox

Everyone auto attacking is throwing me off. My protector keeps wasting all her TP by provoking constantly even though the enemy is a huge distance away

You can toggle which skills the AI can use in the skills window. But that means you'll have to manually activate it yourself if you want it. AI's dumb and will just spam skills till it runs out of TP.

ErichWK

You can toggle which skills the AI can use in the skills window. But that means you'll have to manually activate it yourself if you want it. AI's dumb and will just spam skills till it runs out of TP.
Oh, cool!:thanks for the heads up. Also do characters have to attack in order to gain xp? My gunner is level 3 while the rest of my party is level 5. JUST beat the first boss. felt good. :cool:

vareon

I'm trying to travel with a different party...what's a good build idea for dancer? They're indispensable in my EO4 party but I have no idea now.

Parakeetman

Oh, cool!:thanks for the heads up. Also do characters have to attack in order to gain xp? My gunner is level 3 while the rest of my party is level 5. JUST beat the first boss. felt good. :cool:

Nope they all should gain the same amounts. If you watch above their heads the amount of exp gained when something dies is displayed.

Am pretty sure its more their exp reqs are different which causes the differences in levels in a party.

Nope they all should gain the same amounts. If you watch above their heads the amount of exp gained when something dies is displayed.

Am pretty sure its more their exp reqs are different which causes the differences in levels in a party.
Yep. I've noticed my Gunners required more EXP to level up than Dancers and Landsharks. Like significantly more exp. My Dancer got to level 3 while my Gunners were still at level 1.

Parakeetman

Yep. I've noticed my Gunners required more EXP to level up than Dancers and Landsharks. Like significantly more exp. My Dancer got to level 3 while my Gunners were still at level 1.

Its the same with the Paladin it seems. As I remember she would level up the slowest out of the party of a Landshark, Paladin, Hexer, Medic.

This is only my second roguelike ever and damn, it shows. I'm complete balls at this game. It's very charming though and I want to keep at it. I know there's a good game under there, I just need to stop dying so that I can experience it!

Shuffle my party, work on my formations, etc, etc. I'll figure it out.

Really missing that 5th character slot from EO though.

Parakeetman

This is only my second roguelike ever and damn, it shows. I'm complete balls at this game. It's very charming though and I want to keep at it. I know there's a good game under there, I just need to stop dying so that I can experience it!

Shuffle my party, work on my formations, etc, etc. I'll figure it out.

At the start your guys will take a ton of damage generally. Once you start leveling up and gaining more gear to outfit them with will get better. Then the new issue will become getting swarmed lol.

Always fun when the princess does the attack order 3 times in a row! :D:

I had to shut that shit down lol

Same with my rock happy Wanderer.

Top Bottom