• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V Launch Edition announced for NA

Etrian-Odyssey-V-Beyond-the-Myth_2017_07-26-17_001.jpg

The launch edition of Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth will include a 24-page art book, six-track music CD, and special outer box, Atlus announced.

Here’s an overview of each item, via Atlus:

24-Page Art Book – Beautiful character art and concept sketches by the illustrious Yuji Himukai cover the pages of this magnificent art book. The unique explorers that will fill up your party are a wonder to behold.
Six-Track Music CD – A grand journey is utterly droll without music, so get into the adventuring mindset with an enchanting soundtrack crafted by long-time series composer Yuzo Koshiro.
Outer Box – The Yggdrasil and eager adventurers adorn this colorful out box which protects the precious treasures it holds within.

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/etrian-odyssey-v-launch-edition-announced-dragoon-class-trailer

Also a new trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I1tL_5N36cY

Deep Silver deliver us in Europe, please.

I've been meaning to ask how much this differs from EO4.

If I haven't played 4 but have access to it - is 5 a big upgrade over 4, or should I just play 4?

Excited to play this while my Switch rots in the drawer turned on once every 3 weeks for Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Haha what was the point of this comment? Also try out Splatoon 2 if you want to play something - it's great.

Back on topic - I haven't played EO before, but may try out this one, looks good.

ohlawd

GOTY 2017 EZZZ

reminds me that I have this game preordered for cheap but it'll take a week to get here. fuuuuck that, we in on that full price boiz

killroy87

These are great and all, but it's really time for publishers to realize it's 2017 and throw a download code for the soundtrack in with that CD.

The music is always the most enticing part, but I have literally zero way of listening to a CD.

HeeHo

Secretly hoping for Untold 3 too. I have the original DS versions of EO2 and 3 sealed still and that has kind of held me back from playing since I own Untold 1 and 2.

But yeah, like the other games, I will be getting this.

Rmagnus

Banned
With the map being some a big part of these games I doubt we will see any more of these games once the 3ds is phased out.

Memory

This will be my last 3ds game. I'm hoping they can make some improvements and changes for the Switch series debut.

sphinx

the piano man
yes Atlus/deep silver

please announce this for EU,

I can't wait to F5 the sites of online gaming stores day an night to catch that 10 minute window where preorders are available.

it sooooo much fun!

-_-

We europeans will never get the same launch editions. Didn't get them in the past with NISA, won't get them now with Deep Silver.

But Deep Silver is trying atleast. Valkyria Revolution, Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, or 7th Dragon III: Code VFD had most of the stuff inside their standard cases. It's something.

KarmaCow

And for what it's worth, Amazon's placeholder date is for late November.

I'm hoping it's sooner since Atlus is going to be streaming the series every Friday starting this week and will show off EOV mid September. It would be off to do that almost 2 months before release.

cj_iwakura

These are great and all, but it's really time for publishers to realize it's 2017 and throw a download code for the soundtrack in with that CD.

The music is always the most enticing part, but I have literally zero way of listening to a CD.
Six tracks too, how generous.

scy

I had completely forgotten this got confirmed for localization so this just made my morning again :D

Jacobson

Goodies for no additional costs, i love atlus. I always bought first print editions of previous games in the series and I won't stop now

Top Bottom