• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: Easter Sale begins today (PS3, PS Vita and Cross-Buy titles)

It's a better idea to get the Doom 3 BFG Edition because it's not much more expensive and it also includes the Classic Dooms.
No it doesn't. Doom 3 BFG contains only Ultimate Doom and Doom II.
The classic collection includes Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Doom II Master Levels, Doom II No Rest For The Living, Final Doom TNT Evilution and Final Doom The Plutonia Experiment.

Is Spelunky still cross-buy on Vita and PS3? I'm pretty sure that it used to be. Was that in the EU too?

I know that at one point Limbo was cross-buy, but that Playdead dropped the feature after a while. Did Mossmouth do the same thing here? All the evidence on the Sony store suggests that it's no longer cross-buy.

I asked earlier in the thread but I don't think I got a reply. I'm just really curious about this and would love an answer.

If you look on the PSN store right now, the PS3 version of Spelunky is €14.99, whereas the PS Vita version is €4.99. So, to me that strongly suggests that the two are no longer cross-buy. Anybody know?

Ever since it came out, I've been waiting for 400 Days to get a price drop on PSN. I don't think it's ever going to happen. Fuck paying £4 for that.

Storm360

I'm trying to buy Sonic Generations, but I downloaded the hour trial a while ago, and it's stuck shown as purchased, any advice on how to go about this?

Storm360

Have you played the trial? You have to let the hour run out to be able to purchase it.

Nope, I haven't played it/downloaded it as I then found out that it would add to my trophy list if I did and I didn't want to get it cluttered with a bunch of trials.

Is there a way to purchase without doing that? I haven't got the HDD space available for it right now

Jucksalbe

Banned
I don't think so. As far as I know you have to use up that hour to purchase it and you can only do that by starting the game once.
Maybe there's some game installation data you can delete?

Storm360

I don't think so. As far as I know you have to use up that hour to purchase it and you can only do that by starting the game once.
Maybe there's some game installation data you can delete?

Eh, I think i'm just going to leave it and pick up a boxed copy some day.

I have it on PC, but I wanted it on PS3 so I don't see a mod I like the look of, and get too distracted modding to finish the game.

Lucifon

I asked earlier in the thread but I don't think I got a reply. I'm just really curious about this and would love an answer.

If you look on the PSN store right now, the PS3 version of Spelunky is €14.99, whereas the PS Vita version is €4.99. So, to me that strongly suggests that the two are no longer cross-buy. Anybody know?

Page listing doesn't mention cross buy anywhere but I bought the Vita version and I have this in my download list so...

VIdOboH.png

Hope that helps :)

Page listing doesn't mention cross buy anywhere but I bought the Vita version and I have this in my download list so...

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, that's good to know. I'd hate to have bought it for €15 on the PS3 only to find out that it's €5 if you go the other route. I wonder if they'd update the pricing at the checkout?

I saw the same thing with Guacamelee, where it's €8 for the Vita version but €5 for the PS3 version and like Spelunky I think it's cross-buy. I don't understand why they've done this, it's a pretty serious mistake.

Hannenx

Neo Member
Defiently getting The Oddboxx, wondering if Zone of the Enders 2 HD or Zone of the Enders Collection is worth getting? Any sugestions?

JP

bombshell said:
OlliOlli
Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.45, now £3.19/€3.99/AU$5.85
Additional 20% discount for PS Plus members
For people thinking of getting this they've already confirmed that it's coming to the PS3 & PS4 and although they haven't confirmed CrossBuy yet Roll7 have said that they're looking into it.

Tizoc

Defiently getting The Oddboxx, wondering if Zone of the Enders 2 HD or Zone of the Enders Collection is worth getting? Any sugestions?

Get ZoE 2 HD, it's fuck awesome.
ZoE 1 is a decent port but has frame rate issues, and is more of a...well just think of it as the Ground Zeroes of the ZoE series.

Lucifon

I saw the same thing with Guacamelee, where it's €8 for the Vita version but €5 for the PS3 version and like Spelunky I think it's cross-buy. I don't understand why they've done this, it's a pretty serious mistake.

Oh yeah...just seen this as I went to buy it. When I try get the PS3 version from the SEN Store website it says "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content"...

So as someone who's never played a Tales game in his life, is Xillia a good game in general? Is the narrative decent, or is it rather generic?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely. I was up until 2am playing this, it really is a great game and I'm kinda disappointed in myself that I hadn't given this series a chance before.

Huge thanks to Big_Al for his impressions, wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Glad you're enjoying it! :) The DLC isn't too bad either should you enjoy the whole game and want a bit more. Come xmas the DLC should be dirt cheap too. Hell Sniper Elite 3 will probably be cheap by then :p

Duster

Ugh, I remember deciding not to buy Olli Olli at launch due to the technical issues, I had stupidly assumed they'd been fixed but it crashed twice within the first couple of minutes of the tutorial.

From a quick search it seems re-installing it and turning off WiFi may help , anything else?

yamo

All the stuff i'm interested in I already own, just bought Xillia and MGS HD collection last month.

Ni No Kuni for 6.99 is a god damn steal if you don't own it already. Buy it if you're even remotely interested!

So as someone who's never played a Tales game in his life, is Xillia a good game in general? Is the narrative decent, or is it rather generic?

The only Tales I've ever played outside Xillia is Vesperia. I'd say Xillia story is rather generic, its merits lie in the art department and gameplay.

Bulk_Rate

All the stuff i'm interested in I already own, just bought Xillia and MGS HD collection last month.

Ni No Kuni for 6.99 is a god damn steal if you don't own it already. Buy it if you're even remotely interested!

Your avatar is amazing and takes me back. Still proud to have beaten that game back in the day.

Oh and tears from the US here, waiting on a sale of MGS HD collection or at least MGS3 alone

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's just as bad as the PS3 ver.

Which is bad i guess ? Only played and loved the PC version - never had any problems with it. As long it runs okay on Vita it`ll be fine, i have lowered expectations for a handheld version, so it should be fine.

Runs great on the Vita, plus it have included the 100 DAYS DLC

I should get The Wolf Among Us 7,19€ looks like a great prize.

Sounds good enough for me . thanks !!

Jimrpg

I picked up

PS3
Tales of Xillia
WRC 4

Vita
Olli Olli
Spelunky
Metal Gear HD Collection (I haven't finished 3)

I wanted to pick up a few other games like EDF, Virtua Tennis but these 5 games, plus the PS Plus 5 games plus dragon's crown on vita in the mail, that's plenty for one month already!

Wish they had tearaway on sale though.

Bishop89

May I ask what makes OlliOlli so good?

Is it mainly for skateboard fans? Coz I hate skateboard games, but I keep hearing positive things about it.

Also, I cant pull the trigger on getting rainbow moon.

Any impressions on it?

I haven't really played many srpgs... i have one of the final fantasy ones (cant remember which) but I haven't even started it.

DrKelpo

Banned
Seriously, when do Europeans get a good price for peace Walker on vita?
I bought mgs 2 and 3 on ps2.
i bought mgs Hd collection on ps3 and vita.
And now I'm supposed to pay 20€ again just to play pw on the vita while the version for ps3 is 14,99.
it's just never included in these sales :(

What the hell?

yamo

Your avatar is amazing and takes me back. Still proud to have beaten that game back in the day.

Oh and tears from the US here, waiting on a sale of MGS HD collection or at least MGS3 alone

Thanks man, lot of old time gamers with love for Bruce Lee on this forum!

Jimrpg

May I ask what makes OlliOlli so good?

Is it mainly for skateboard fans? Coz I hate skateboard games, but I keep hearing positive things about it.

The thing that makes Olli Olli so good is that it feels like a retro Tony Hawk in 2D. At its core its levels are built like a runner (think Canabalt) but even though that game is pretty difficult already, Olli Olli asks you to jump, pull off tricks and grind things and get high scores and avoid spikes obstacles and other stuff.

One of the beautiful things about this game that really ties it to the skateboarding theme is that it asks you to stick landings by pressing 'X' at the right time, so you have to time them and get 'perfects' for better scores. Whereas platform games like Mario ask you to focus on the jump takeoff, now you have to focus on both the jump and the landing.

It helps that the game doesn't handhold the player in any way, (tutorial is completely optional - although its pretty useful and short too), and the game starts off at normal difficulty and gets harder and harder. I'm really liking it so far and for $5 is totally worth it.

You don't have to like skateboarding games to like this game and if you like skill based games at all, then you should give this a go.

Top Bottom