• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

I usually complain about EU sale but this one is huge.

I feel like I own 90% of these but I guess I'll get Bladestorm PS4 and that fourth Vita Atelier game.

Kiwani PS4 is a bit too expensive for now.

Torraz

Starting to feel like those are errors. I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma isn't £5 normally. Everyone jump on it before the UK store dude realises what's happened!

Nope, you keep it forever.

Thanks.

Now just to read some more impressions on the game, and decide if I don't want to wait for a lower price down the road.

jesus, that's like 90% of all games :D FINALLY Prinny games are back on sale. Bought!

Also getting Suikodens and Ys'!

All they all worth getting? Or is that a silly question? Even if it is, please say!

I've been meaning to play one of the Y games for quite a long, so any advice gratefully received!

Start with Ys Chronicles 1+2 and see if you get hooked. I totally did. Amazing music and fun action oriented RPGs.

Vanguard

Think the prices are just errors in the listing rather than the store? Going to Dragon's Dogma on the store shows it at £7.

In fact
Some of the prices on this blog are displaying incorrectly. Please bear with us as we amend these ASAP. The correct prices are displayed on PS Store.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

As the blog will update slightly slow, here are the correct changes;

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
65% off
Original price £19.99/€29.99
Offer price £7.00/€10.50

Catherine
75% off
Original price £15.99/€19.99
Offer price £4.00/€5.00

ICO™ Classics HD
60% off
Original price £14.99/€17.99
Offer price £6.00/€7.20

Shadow of the Colossus™ Classics HD (PS3 PSN)
60% off
Original price £14.99/€17.99
Offer price £6.00/€7.20

Also was hoping the dlc for Drakengard 3 would be on sale, as that's were I'll be heading soonish after I finish Nier.

Heartfyre

Both PS1 Suikoden games for €6? Do it. Just do it.

There's quite a few others grabbing my eye. Vagrant Story for one, and some of those Metal Gear games have earned a playthrough on Vita.

So many great games in there!

This is going to be some kind of brutal massacre on my bank account. Going to have to think logically about this and not succumb to buying everything.

Ico/SotC are a must. Dark Souls 2 I should avoid as I still need to beat Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. The rest...I dunno.

Recommendations for the best RPGs on sale? I've got a bunch already that I need to play, but more are better. Was Fate/Extra any good? Also, how was Short Peace?

Thretau

Wow some really nice deals here.

I was just thinking about buying ICO & SotC HD and MGS Collection. Now is the time I guess lol

Is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen worth getting? I've passed on it couple of times in previous sales.

Tizoc

Nice deals.
Maken Shao is 50 Hz only, but get it for that Kaneko goodness
sL9t34R.jpg

Hmm is Breath of fire 3 for the psp any good thinking of downloading it for my vita?

It's a great RPG, but it's a bit slow. If you think you can deal with some outdated mechanics I'd say go for it.

Did anyone play the Prinny action/platformer games? 3 bucks each seems cheap enough

Sakujou

Banned
best sale in the EU PSN since forever.

will get
-murasaki baby
-sumioni:demon arts
-Maken Shao: Demon Sword
-ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
-Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

but want to ask:

is oreshika maybe available as a physical release somewhere?
-Maken Shao: Demon Sword is the game worth it?
i heard its a dc game...?
sumioni seems to have bad reviews on gamerankings.com
is it still worth for that price?

kiyoaki

Some good discounts on JRPGs and such. Everybody who hasn't played Catherine yet and wants to kill some time while waiting for Persona 5 to hit - it's a completely unique, very fun game, and really a steal at £1.25/€5.00.

Killer is Dead for the same price is tempting me a little. Hrmm. Hm.

Percy

Banned
Not bad for the most part.

That's the cheapest I've seen Omega Quintet going for to date... but it still feels like a tad too much for me :/

I'll probably be um-ing and ah-ing over that one all week now.

My tentative haul

Metal Gear Solid
60% off
Original price £7.99/€9.99
Offer price £3.20/€4.00

God Hand
70% off
Original price £7.99/€9.99
Offer price £2.40/€3.00

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
50% off
Offer price £8.00/€10.00

Okami HD
55% off
Original price £11.49/€13.99
Offer price £5.17/€6.30

Zone of the Enders – HD Collection
75% off
Original price £19.99/€29.99
Offer price £5.00/€7.50

Street Fighter X Tekken
60% off
Offer price £6.40/€8.00

Any problems with any of these that should stop me from pulling the trigger?

Allaur

Which Atelier game is best on Vita? Looking at metacritic doesn't help.

Will probably grab Curry game and Atelier or first Project Diva on Vita.

Not bad for the most part.

That's the cheapest I've seen Omega Quintet going for to date... but it still feels like a tad too much for me :/

I'll probably be um-ing and ah-ing over that one all week now.

If you know what you're getting into I think 30€ is decent for Omega Quintet. I doubt you'll be able to find it much cheaper in the near future. Just make sure you know what kind of game it is before you buy, as it's not some epic scale JRPG and not very serious, and VERY anime.

Rupe

Neo Member
Did anyone play the Prinny action/platformer games? 3 bucks each seems cheap enough

Played the first one. It's great, addictive, challenging and frustrating. The kind of game you are happy when you see a checkpoint. I never beat the last boss, my hands would start cramping (psp 1000), but I did have fun trying.

This sale is great, but at this point I already have every game I want either through Plus or other sales... I really want to try the Atelier series, but the price is still a bit steep for something I have no indication if I'm going to enjoy.

SomTervo

Wow! Good sale. Keen to grab Ni No Kuni, God Hand, maybe a couple of others.

GAFpals, are there any particularly great co-op games in there for less than £10-15?

1. I'm only interested in Earth Defence Force on current-gen (no luck on this list)
2. I'm only interested in Dynasty Warriors on current-gen (no luck on this list)
3. Is Anarchy Reigns any good? I was a little hyped about it years ago as an updated Power Stone 2-alike. Any good co-op?

Top Bottom