• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

Played the first one. It's great, addictive, challenging and frustrating. The kind of game where you are happy when you see a checkpoint. I never beat the last boss, my hands would start cramping (psp 1000), but I did have fun trying.

Sounds good, sold :)

Donos

Well worth it. Despite that IMO it's not as good as the other 3 you mentioned, the DLC and just the sheer quantity of the game overall makes it worth it especially at that price.

Thanks. Going in on Dark Souls II. Have to play these games before i get my first child at the end of the year *i'vemadeahugemistake*.

I'll buy Oreshika, Demon Gaze for Vita, and Dark Souls Scholar for PS4 NOW!
Tempted by a lot of titles on the list, well last Steam Sales did nothing to me, God bless PSN Sale!!

ilium

finally a dragon's dogma sale and just in time for the end of the semester!

and so many other great things, thanks playstation europe!

e3gtxtcoeual.gif

Percy

Banned
If you know what you're getting into I think 30€ is decent for Omega Quintet. I doubt you'll be able to find it much cheaper in the near future. Just make sure you know what kind of game it is before you buy, as it's not some epic scale JRPG and not very serious, and VERY anime.

I've been under the impression it's more or less like the Neptunia games in terms of gameplay, yeah? I usually enjoy those so that's why this one has been on my radar... was just waiting for it to come down in price.

Mandelbo

Holy shit that's a good sale! Is Castlevania Harmony of Despair any good if I'm really enjoying SotN? I've heard that it supports multiplayer, but is it still worth it if I'm only gonna play single player?

Vanguard

I didn't even know God Hand was on the EU store (they really need to bring back the categories for PS1 and 2 games, pretty sure they were removed ages ago?). Everyone keeps raving on about it though, so I suppose I should pick it up.

I've been under the impression it's more or less like the Neptunia games in terms of gameplay, yeah? I usually enjoy those so that's why this one has been on my radar... was just waiting for it to come down in price.

Yeah if you like Neptunia you should be able to enjoy this one as well! They're very similar and I like both, even though overall Neptunia has more charm because of the references.

Jimboooo

Neo Member
So typical, FF5 and FF6 go half price a couple of days after I get them to set up the Vita as a dedicated FF (and Persona) machine.

Still, everything's in place for the playthrough of 4-10 in order now anyway.

Any other decent FF-style RPGs for the Vita that'd be worth picking up in this sale? Can't have a look at all of them while I'm in work.

SomTervo

May have been missed at bottom of last page:

Wow! Good sale. Keen to grab Ni No Kuni, God Hand, maybe a couple of others.

GAFpals, are there any particularly great co-op games in there for less than £10-15?

1. I'm only interested in Earth Defence Force on current-gen (no luck on this list)
2. I'm only interested in Dynasty Warriors on current-gen (no luck on this list)
3. Is Anarchy Reigns any good? I was a little hyped about it years ago as an updated Power Stone 2-alike. Any good co-op?

Edit:

What's the difference between XCOM: Enemy Within and XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Which you guys recommend to buy?

Enemy Unknown is the base game.

Enemy Within is the base game plus an expansion that adds a lot to the gameplay. Go for that one - price is similar/the same right?

BShadowJ

I'm considering getting Dark Souls II for the PS4... But I've played it fairly recently on my PS3 and it would be pretty much only because of the DLCs... Is it still worth it GAF?

Think the prices are just errors in the listing rather than the store? Going to Dragon's Dogma on the store shows it at £7.

In fact

Also was hoping the dlc for Drakengard 3 would be on sale, as that's were I'll be heading soonish after I finish Nier

this is my one recurring complaint with psn sales, main games going on sale but dlc staying full price

There are some damn good deals on PS3, hot damn. If anyone ends up with only a couple of bucks left, take Godhand for 3€. Yakuza 4 is also pretty crazy.

Although I wasn't motivated to spend much more time with old RPGs, I might now bite for Suikoden II at that price....

dwr

Holy shit!

I bought a Vita a couple weeks ago and basically every game I wanted to buy are on that list.

250 euro are about to leave my credit card.

Tailzo

Suikoden 1&2, Tales of Hearts R, Oreshika, Atelier Ayesha, WarriorsOrochi 3 u...

I'm very satisfied with my purchases!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, bought Dark Souls II.

Again.

To be fair, I only have the regular one on PC without addons, so I have no idea what to expect from this one :)

Devil May Cry HD for me.

I wish the Vita's account handling was more like the Ps3 though, as mine is set to US and it's too much of a faff to change it over.

Guille4000

Neo Member
how good is toukiden kiwami compared to the monster hunter series? And considering drakengard 3, is it really worth it if I loved nier?

BigDes

I'm considering getting Dark Souls II for the PS4... But I've played it fairly recently on my PS3 and it would be pretty much only because of the DLCs... Is it still worth it GAF?

Yes, the changes in PS4 Scholar make it a much better game

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Is the content from the addons in DS2 easily accessible or would I have to google errything due to omg dark souls

BigDes

Fuck it, bought Dark Souls II.

Again.

To be fair, I only have the regular one on PC without addons, so I have no idea what to expect from this one :)
PS4 or PS3

Cause if it is PS3 Scholar then you aren't getting the full changes, just the dlc and one extra boss fight

BigDes

Is the content from the addons in DS2 easily accessible or would I have to google errything due to omg dark souls

Um you probably have to google the locations of two of the three keys you need.

The key to Frozen Crown you will find on your normal journey but Iron and Sunken are a bit out of the way

Tizoc

All they all worth getting? Or is that a silly question? Even if it is, please say!

I've been meaning to play one of the Y games for quite a long, so any advice gratefully received!

The series is called Ys
It's an action rpg series, one of the best you've never played.

Get all the games and discover greatness.

Hmm is Breath of fire 3 for the psp any good thinking of downloading it for my vita?

Get it, it runs fine on the Vita.

VLiberty

DMC trilogy...I'm desperately trying to find that one retail for 10-15€ but nothing, 12€ for dd seems too high for me. Is it further discounted with PS+?

Is the Nights port legitand does the game still hold up today? 2,40€ is pretty tempting

And_Boy

Enemy Within is the base game plus an expansion that adds a lot to the gameplay. Go for that one - price is similar/the same right?

Thanks!

Will I miss a lot if I play only Lighting Returns without previous FF13 games? Or will I miss tons of story lines?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have no idea why I keep confusing the names of Time and Eternity and Resonance of Fate together. They're not even remotely similar.

Anyway. gonna get Resonance of Fate.

That's a big fucking list. Thinking about Suikoden. The Ys PSP games (never played Ys).
I'm still processing the list because it is too big.

Ruruja

This is a great sale, lots of games I've wanted to be on sale for a while now.

Only problem is I can't sign in to buy any of them as it keeps telling me to update my password when I've just done that.

Tailzo

That's a big fucking list. Thinking about Suikoden. The Ys PSP games (never played Ys).
I'm still processing the list because it is too big.

Ys is awesome. Fast and fun action rpgs.

DMC trilogy...I'm desperately trying to find that one retail for 10-15€ but nothing, 12€ for dd seems too high for me. Is it further discounted with PS+?

Is the Nights port legitand does the game still hold up today? 2,40€ is pretty tempting

Nights holds up. Great port too, gave fun :)

OmegaX0

Wanted to get into Hyperdimension Neptunia for a while, am I correct in assuming Rebirth1 to be the best way to do that?

Wanted to get into Hyperdimension Neptunia for a while, am I correct in assuming Rebirth1 to be the best way to do that?

Yes! It's a much much improved remake of the first game. It's great!
You should also get the Plutia and Peashy character DLC. I rarely reccomend DLC, but those two make the game even better.

If I had to pick one Atelier game (playing on Vita) any thoughts about which would be best?

The series is called Ys
It's an action rpg series, one of the best you've never played.

Get all the games and discover greatness.

Get it, it runs fine on the Vita.

Thanks - and sold! my bad about the name. Typing on my phone and overwhelmed by so many offers!

Genki

So typical, FF5 and FF6 go half price a couple of days after I get them to set up the Vita as a dedicated FF (and Persona) machine.

Still, everything's in place for the playthrough of 4-10 in order now anyway.

Any other decent FF-style RPGs for the Vita that'd be worth picking up in this sale? Can't have a look at all of them while I'm in work.

Breath of Fire III, Suikoden 1 and 2.

Sucks so bad that most PS1\2 games are gimped 50hz versions :/.

Haul so far:

Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles
Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd
Prinny 1 and 2
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Will definitely get Oreshika, but holding off because I dunno if I'll renew PSPlus next month. Considering Breath of Fire 3 and a few others.

This sale is much better than the Steam sale was for me, although even with the discount Miku 2nd was steep, and there's no discount for the exorbitant DLC prices either.

Tizoc

EU VitaGAF
Get these games, but be forwarned that these will fill up your 64 GB Mem. card fast.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
*Good ports of the games

Dissidia 012
*Comes with the first game's campaign

FF Tactics: War of the Lion
*Has slowdown when casting abilities, but if you look past that you can still enjoy it

Final Fantasy 1-3
*FF 1 and 2 are not the PSX versions and play differently to the original NES versions, but are still good and worth playing. FF3 is based on the NDS ver.

Suikoden 1 and 2
*Some of the best jRPGs from the PSX era. 2 is considered far better but get 1 for story purposes

Metal Gear Solid
*Despite being 50 Hz, it was optimized for it from what I played.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
*3 games in one. Also comes with the JP dub, meaning you get the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto as Dracula. Just go grab a Save file off Gamefaqs.com or somewhere, throw it into your Vita and you can play the OG Rondo of Blood.
Oh and this is an action adventure game, so get in on this ish.

MGS Special Missions
*If you want to play some MGS stealth in short bursts, give this a try. Various VR missions to try out.

DanganRonpa 1 and 2
*2 of the best Visual novels on the Vita, get them to discover TRUE DESPAIR.

Disgaea 3 and/or 4
*It's Disgaea, meaning insanely huge level caps and SRPG goodness

Dragon's Crown
*A beat'em-up with some delicious visuals

Hatsune Miku games
*Get these if you like rhythm games

MGS HD Collection
*Good ports of MGS 2, 3 and PW, you can never have enough Kojima wackiness in your life and on your beautiful OLED

Oreshika
*Heard good things about this RPG game, it's like all the hotness over at VitaGAF, get in on dis ish.

Persona 4 Golden
*If you can spare 3-4 GB, get it, you can't own a Vita and not have this game yo.

Sword Art Online
*Come for the most popular Vita game in the past 2 years, stay for the penetration

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
*Interesting mix of Startegy+Visual Novel

Touch my Katamri
*In case you want some Katamari on your OLED

Toukiden: Kiwami
*This is the updated ver. of Toukiden, get it if you want monster slaying on the go

Virtue's Last Reward
*One of the best Visual Novels on the Vita. It doesn't have any dlc, but it does have avatars if you want them.

Ys: Celceta (Ys 4)
*You are not a whole man or woman until you've experienced Ys, one of the best action rpg games you've never played. Once you play one you'll wanna play the rest.
Expect fun gameplay/combat, wicked boss fights and kickass soundtrack.

Fate/EXTRA
*Not the best Fate RPG, but it's the closest you'll get to a Fate game in English nowadays

Breath of Fire 3
*One of the best games in the BoF series. Traditional turn based jRPG with a great cast of characters and beautiful 2D sprites

Lunar: SSH
*Turne based jRPG, and a must have for any fan of the genre, it's a steal at this price as it hasn't gone on sale in years

Monster Hunter FU
*One of the best MonHun games, and if you still need more monster hunting/slaying on the go.

Persona 1, 2, 3
*Persona 1 and 2 play very differently to 3 and 4, if you can only get one then get 3. Otherwise get them if you want to see how the series evolved over the decades.

Trails in the Sky FC
*First game in the TiTS series, get it if you haven't yet as the sequel is releasing some time this year.
We think

Power Stone
*Decent ports, but this is the first it's been on sale in months, grab them if you want some arena action goodness

Prinny 2
*Should be an improvement on the first game which was OK.

V. Chronicles 2
*Should at least be transf. from PS3 to Vita. 40-50 hour RPG game with lame character designs, but good gameplay.

Ys 1+2
*Fantastic remaster of the original 80s classic. Simple combat, kickass soundtrack and neat boss fights. You don't HAVE to start the series with these 2 games, but they're still worth playing if you have an open mind.

Ys Oath (Ys 3)
*The best Ys game to get into the series. Fast paced combat, awesome boss fights and a rockin' soundtrack. You haven't experienced video games until you played this great game.

Ys Seven
*Another great entry in the Ys series. While Celceta is based on Seven and improves on the gameplay, Seven is still worth playing. No need to worry about story since all Ys games can be enjoyed separately and their stories are for the most part stand alone.

These games run at 50 Hz and some may not be optimized so expact major slowdown.
Get them at your own risk

Final Fantasy 4-9
Front Mission 3
Parasite Eve 2
Vagrant Story

mekes

Thanks for sharing OP, had no idea this sale was happening and bought a couple of games at nice prices thanks to your thread :)

Top Bottom