• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - Nov - Ps plus double discounts + more. 210+ items!!

Spinx

It's such a tease that it pretty never much goes on sale without a ps+ discount, I dont pay for the service as I am PC/PS3 only. Yakuza 4+5 are my two most sought after games to play on my PS3 after I brought one months ago, but they never go on sale. I'm giving it till xmas sale before I cave in and buy yakuza 4 at it's normal price.

It's normal price on EU PSN isnt too bad, but its like playing russain roulette trying to see when it MIGHT be on sale.

I dont have PS+ too. I think I saw Yakuza 4 on sale for 5€ one time, that's why I'm waiting.

Vashetti

Banned
It's such a tease that it pretty never much goes on sale without a ps+ discount, I dont pay for the service as I am PC/PS3 only. Yakuza 4+5 are my two most sought after games to play on my PS3 after I brought one months ago, but they never go on sale. I'm giving it till xmas sale before I cave in and buy yakuza 4 at it's normal price.

It's normal price on EU PSN isnt too bad, but its like playing russain roulette trying to see when it MIGHT be on sale.

Where did you bring it?

DBT85

Got Alienation, Ratchet, The Order and Uncharted Collection. £53.35 for 6 games.

p0QHO.gif

JP

It's an embarrassing story so I'm not going to tell you how I did it but I accidentally bought the Deus Ex season pass a while ago...so have been waiting for a discount like this. Don't ask, I'm not telling you how I did that.

I shouldn't complain but I'm really starting to hate these sales that you get on PSN due to how much they cost me.
So, I bought this idiot thing, Assetto Corsa and Oceanhorn and there are other games that I'm sort of interested in but I'm really only interested in them because of the sale. I keep reminding myself that this is the season of PSN sales and that there will be more next month and that I'm better waiting for stuff that I really want.

Auctopus

Got Virginia, Volume and RE: 0 (Halloween Sale) last night, all for £19. Pretty happy with that.

So, anyone played Oceanhorn - any good? Looks like the kind of game I'd like to play with my daughter. I do love the art style.

I said this earlier in the thread...

It's a decent game. Budget, wannabe Zelda that has a fair amount of charm. Level design is a little minecrafty (by which I mean they're built from the same building blocks but with different biomes) but there's some puzzles (they're simple), fun little bosses and a range of islands. I like it, I haven't finished it yet but I'd say if you like cartoony platform/action/adventure games then it's worth it at that price.

Great game to play with your daughter, I'll add too.

Street Fighter V - Deluxe Edition £49.99 £34.99 30% £22.49 55%

They fucking increased its price, it's now £24.99
That's so much bullshit, I should have bought it when I saw it but I had to get to work quick.
They shouldn't be legally allowed to increase the price when it says in the small print the price drop is for two weeks.
I know it's jusy £2.50, by the fact that did it all rubs me the wrong way.

Intel_89

Does anyone know if the download version of Street Fighter x Tekken for the Vita includes the additional 12 characters? Thanks.

Does anyone know if the download version of Street Fighter x Tekken for the Vita includes the additional 12 characters? Thanks.

It includes the DLC characters, but only for that game. As in the Vita version comes with them as part of the main roster. I don't think you get the DLC for the PS3 version, but I had the DLC prior to getting the Vita version so I'm not 100% sure.

Intel_89

It includes the DLC characters, but only for that game. As in the Vita version comes with them as part of the main roster. I don't think you get the DLC for the PS3 version, but I had the DLC prior to getting the Vita version so I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks for the response but it only made me more confused. ._.' I've been looking at online auctions for used copies online and all i've found have the voucher inside for the extra 12 characters but they've already been redeemed. That said the game, as far as I've been able to understand, has been promoted as having 12 extra characters that could also be used on the PS3 version but I can't find it anywhere if that content also extends to digital copies.

EDIT: After reading what you said one more time I finally got it, I'm fine with not having the characters to use on the PS3 version as the main reason for me to pick this up on the Vita is the fact that I never owned a PS3 in the first place, thanks once again.

Bishop89

So apparently for ps4, the following are on sale?

Prototype 1 + 2
Bioshock collection
Witcher 3 GOTY edition
Black ops 3
Deadpool
Lego Jurassic World
LBP3

Not sure if there are more. If PSBLOG posts , ill setup a new thread

S1kkZ

Prototype 1 + 2
Bioshock collection 34,99€
Witcher 3 GOTY edition 29,99€
Black ops 3 27,99€ for the gold edition
Deadpool 19,99€
Lego Jurassic World 13,99€
LBP3 7,99€

Sucks theres no Journey. :( Missed it the month it was on PS+ because I had no internet

Damn not even a mobile phone? Obviously I don't know your situation but a whole month without access to an internet connection at all?

Sucks as it's a great game, I already had it due to being cross-buy from years ago :)

Fuck; The Witcher 3 is only £21 and I just bought the physical copy for £25 a couple of days ago! Might return my copy and get it digital instead, as it's the kind of game I would like to keep and not trade in.

EDIT - I might see if I can get some cheap PSN credit to bring the price down even more. Anyone recommend a good site for this?

IbukiLordSA

Anyone have feedback on Deadpool, I remember seeing people complaining about the port but does the game at least run decently?

Damn not even a mobile phone? Obviously I don't know your situation but a whole month without access to an internet connection at all?

Sucks as it's a great game, I already had it due to being cross-buy from years ago :)

Well because I had no internet, moving house and it taking 3 weeks+ to get internet installed. I couldn't justify buying PS+ and not being able to play it.

I own the physical collection on PS3 but that's the edition they never allowed to have crossplay.

Just missed Alienation @ £6+ now @ £11.19! Meant to buy it yesterday!

Anyways I suppose I can rest easy and not be too bothered because I wanted to buy the game much earlier until I learned about the Paying Weapons and that put it into the 'no thanks, fuck off Developer' pile. Shame as I loved Dead Nation and bought that Day 1...

Intel_89

Anyone have feedback on Deadpool, I remember seeing people complaining about the port but does the game at least run decently?

Not really answering your question but you can probably find a better retail deal, it's £14 at Base.com, if you don't mind having a physical copy that is.

IbukiLordSA

Not really answering your question but you can probably find a better retail deal, it's £14 at Base.com, if you don't mind having a physical copy that is.

Thanks, but live in South Africa so this is probably the best deal we will get for a while. Cheapest it's been by quite a bit.

Still 6.40 on the web store if you log in.

Arrrrgh. Had a look but didn't log in......hmmmmm. what to do lol!

Thanks.

edit: Logged in and bought @ £6.39. Still a bit miffed on the Weapons DLC...feel like a sucker! :-(

Anyways, ready to enjoy the game for what I've got this weekend with my son!

So, anyone played Oceanhorn - any good? Looks like the kind of game I'd like to play with my daughter. I do love the art style.

I bought it, got the plat it's okay. Charming enough, but I found it frustrating at points for reasons I can't quite place. You'll spend a lot of time just bombing things in the hope that it'll yield a secret, and a lot of the puzzles are as easy as moving a block.statue to the left, with the difficulties coming from the fact that there's stools, boxes, debris, etc in the way of the thing you need to push and thinking that it's all just scenery. Randomly bombing, as previously mentioned, is the way to go.

One good thing is that Nobuo Uematsu did the soundtrack, and while it's not an instant classic there's a lot of good on it. This track in particular sounds like something straight out of Final Fantasy VIII. And I've focused on the negatives above, but it is a charming enough game, looks pretty nice for a mobile port, and it satisfied my Legend of Zelda fix. My opinion started off high, swayed a little bit in the middle, but ended it on a high. It took me 12 hours to get the platinum which was mostly routine, minus the fishing minigame, and it's also getting a Vita port which may be cross buy, I'm not sure on that. I'd say it's worth a purchase.

Well because I had no internet, moving house and it taking 3 weeks+ to get internet installed. I couldn't justify buying PS+ and not being able to play it.

I own the physical collection on PS3 but that's the edition they never allowed to have crossplay.

Ah damn, sorry to hear that then! :(

Check your PM's

Bishop89

PSBLOG

As if like clockwork, we have a fresh batch of PlayStation Store discounts going live today. The latest Deal of the Week is BioShock: The Collection, which lets you revisit Ken Levine’s groundbreaking PS3 FPS trilogy, with added sheen for PS4. Note: in the Middle East, this title will be replaced by Lego Jurassic World.

30788403601_072ddd7ba0_o.jpg

In addition, there are a number of new titles joining the ongoing PS Plus Double Discounts promotion:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Digital Deluxe
Call of Duty®: Black Ops III – Gold Edition
Deadpool
LittleBigPlanet™ 3
Prototype® Biohazard Bundle
Prototype®2
PROTOTYPE™
Snoopy’s Grand Adventure
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Gold Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year E…

*Some titles may not be available in your region

Finally, we’re also discounting LittleBigPlanet DLC this week to mark the 10th anniversary of developer Media Molecule. See the list below for details and click through to see regional pricing

2000AD Costume Kit
Animal Costumes
Egyptian Mythology Mini Pack
Ghostbusters The Video Game – Costume Kit
God of War – Level Kit
Heavy Rain – Costume Kit
History – Level Kit
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus – Costume Kit
Killzone – Costume Kit
LittleBigPlanet – Sonic the Hedgehog – Costume Kit
Metal Gear Solid – Costume Kit
Metal Gear Solid – Level Kit
Monsters Costume Kit
Monsters Level Kit
More Animals! Costume Kit
Norse Mythology Mini Pack
Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Kit
Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit
Street Fighter – Costume Kit
Watchmen Costume Kit

*Some titles may not be available in your region

So looks like this is all for this week :/ disappointing.
But wonder what the bolded means. Does that mean the double discount sale has been extended because thats the impression im getting from that sentence.

Kurtofan

Interested in:
Axiom Verge
Gravity Rush HD
The Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls bundle
PS2 RPGs :Dark Cloud 2 (do I need to play the first one), Wild Arms 3

Thoughs, Opinions?

Interested in:
Axiom Verge
Gravity Rush HD
The Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls bundle
PS2 RPGs :Dark Cloud 2 (do I need to play the first one), Wild Arms 3

Thoughs, Opinions?

If you like the Metroid games, Axiom Verge is fantastic. It's a very faithful tribute to the first game with great level design (although it's hard and some enemies are annoying), terrific music and a surprisingly interesting plot.

Gravity Rush is the best superhero game you've never played. It's about a woman named Kat who basically wakes up in an unfamiliar city and finds she has a cat companion who allows her to fly. The city is under siege by strange shadow creatures called Navi, and she needs to navigate the corrupt powers that be, find missing parts of the city which have disappeared into a void and battle enemies in the city who want to destroy her. It has literally the best flight mechanics of any game ever, and now would be a good time to play it because the sequel is looking amazing and is out in a couple of months.

Heavy Rain is probably most similar to a Telltale game, if you've ever played one, with a much bigger budget. It's about four people investigating a child kidnapper; a private detective, a journalist, an FBI agent and the father of the latest abductee. The game is probably a bit stiff by today's standards (I haven't played it since probably 2010) and it's very highly QTE-driven, but it's also pretty atmospheric and I really liked the storytelling and presentation.

Beyond 2: Souls on the other hand, I really didn't get on with. It's similar in gameplay to Heavy Rain, but tells the story of a young woman as she grows up and the poltergeist spirit bonded to her. The plot gets really stupid really quickly IMO, and it's told in a nonlinear order which I just found obnoxious (Edit - I think this might have been changed for the PS4 version?). On the other hand if you're going to buy one it's only an extra £4 for the other, which is probably worthwhile.

Dark Chronicle (aka Dark Cloud 2) is a standalone sequel for which you don't need to have played the first game. It's really good in most regards - great combat, lots of depth to its gameplay and inventory and systems, however the one thing which I really didn't like was that its dungeons are randomly generated, and as a result they are very dull and samey -- and you spend a lot of time in dungeons. It does a lot of really interesting stuff, like having a village-building mechanic, a surprisingly in-depth golf mini-game and has a giant mech you can pilot, but despite all the things it does well, those dungeons really take the wind out of its sales IMO.

Haven't played Wild Arms 3, sorry.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
How is the Deadpool game?

And damn CDPR..if only they'd update Witcher 3 for the pro, I'd buy it for my fiancée

I hope they'll make a Ro Tomb Raider deal..

Knuf

Bought Rive and EDF for 10€ each (plus a bunch of PS2 games): from what I've played so far they're both nothing short of amazing, and at that price they're really a fucking steal!

How is the Deadpool game?

And damn CDPR..if only they'd update Witcher 3 for the pro, I'd buy it for my fiancée

I hope they'll make a Ro Tomb Raider deal..

I'm not sure what performance is like on the PS4 version, but as for the game itself it's not a fascistic game, but if you enjoy Deadpool it's definitely worth playing through for the jokes. However, the best part of the game is the intro, which is quite clever, but then it just goes into generic hack and slash with gunplay combat that hat little technical depth.

Top Bottom