• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - 'Only on Playstation' titles, TLG, GR2, R&C, U4 & more

xrnzaaas

Is Killzone Shadowfall worth it if you don't have much interest in multiplayer?

I bought it strictly for singleplayer. It was okay. Some really good graphics (and scripted scenes ;)), was fun for most part except for one defensive mission which almost made me throw the TV out the window. ;)

Yaska

Is Bloodborne GOTY worth the 20 bucks? Got loads of games to play through during this spring onslaught, but read so many praises about the game.

danowat

Banned
Not really. Even as a launch game it was disappointing.

I bought it strictly for singleplayer. It was okay. Some really good graphics (and scripted scenes ;)), was fun for most part except for one defensive mission which almost made my throw the TV out the window. ;)

I was going to get it purely on the strength of Horizon (I know, very different game, but GG etc), but I think I'll swerve it.

Cc23830

I jist picked up sleeping dogs for £4, first time playing and i love it. Cannot believe i missed this on release

Haven't seen it mentioned much in any of the list posts, but a load of PSP & PS1 first-party games are on sale - e.g. G-Police is 79p; Killzone Liberation is £2.49; Fired Up was £1 something.

Don't have a full list. Might make one on my lunch.

singo

Neo Member
The reason we couldn't search up FFXV is because you have to search for "FINAL FANTASY® XV" because the search engine can't find it if you write "FANTASY" without the ®.

Not that it matters any more, I guess.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
The reason we couldn't search up FFXV is because you have to search for "FINAL FANTASY® XV" because the search engine can't find it if you write "FANTASY" without the ®.

Not that it matters any more, I guess.

No, it was definitely taken down. If you clicked on the page link from your download list it just took you to an error page. Searching for 'Final Fantasy XV' does work even without the copyright symbol:

Mpv04ux.png

Jimrpg

Is there any way to buy PS+ free games again ? I was tempted to get Wipeout for sale price, but after funding wallet its not allowing me to buy as I have already own this in PS+ :( (Was thinking to stop subscribing PS+ next month) Why sony won't allow us to buy PS+ games ?

I just did the same thing too, BUT I purchased a 1 month PS Plus to get Wipeout for $3 but now I can't buy Everybody's Golf because its in my PS Plus library. I'm so mad!

Jimrpg

Is pro evo worth it? Haven't played a pro game since early 360 era

Yep I really enjoyed PES 2016 on the PC (put about 50 hours into it and only in my second season).

Couldn't go past PES 2017 on PS4 for $15 and happily bought it now (which is the best version too, the PC version is an up scaled PS3 version).

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
You can't put pre-order items into cart though. How the buy1get1free model would work with it?

Good point. Seems like Sony have got their wires crossed here. It's definitely listed as BOGOF on the blog (alongside a bunch of other pre-orders) but you're right, you can't actually do it.

Boh,

LosDaddie

Banned
Stateside here, I grabbed the GoW and R&C collections for the PSVita for about $11 total. Probably the first and last games I'll buy for my PSV.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my improvised PSP/PS1 list (may be missing some PS1 games):

PSP:

Ape Academy £2.49
Ape Academy 2 £2.49
Beats £2.49
Daxter £2.49
Everybody's Golf £2.49
Everybody's Golf 2 £2.49
Everybody's Tennis £2.49
Fired Up £1.69
flOw™ £1.69 58%
Gangs of London £2.49
God of War: Chains of Olympus £2.49
God of War: Ghost of Sparta £2.49
Key of Heaven £2.49
LocoRoco £2.49
LocoRoco 2 £2.49
LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival £2.49
Medievil Resurrection £2.49
No Heroes Allowed £2.49
Patapon £2.49
Patapon 2 £2.49
Patapon 3 £2.49
Resistance Retribution £2.49
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror £2.49
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow £2.49
White Knight Chronicles Origins £2.49
WipEout Pure £2.49
WipEout Pulse £2.49

PS1:

G-Police £0.79
Medievil £1.99
Motor Toon Grand Prix 2 £1.99
Rally Cross £1.69
Spyro 2™: Gateway To Glimmer £2.49 38%
Spyro 3™: Year Of The Dragon £2.49 38%
Spyro The Dragon Trilogy £4.99 38%
Spyro The Dragon™ £2.49 38%
Syphon Filter £1.99
Syphon Filter 3 £1.99
Twisted Metal £1.69
Vib-ribbon™ £1.69 58%
Wild ARMs £1.69

brawly

Yes it is - https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/22/big-savings-start-today-on-playstation-exclusives/

Scroll down to 'Totally Digital BOGOF (until 05/04/17)'. A list of games starts, then it segues into 'Pre-Orders', then it lists the T&Cs to the BOGOF offer.

Wrongly or rightly, pre-orders are listed as part of the offer on the blog post.

Then be my guest and try it out. You can't buy two pre-orders together so I don't see how the discount could even be applied.

Redders

Think I'll finally play Uncharted, can't really say no to 3 games for £12.99. I'll hold off on buying Uncharted 4 for now though .

brawly

Bought PES 17 aswell. Seems like the perfect podcast game.

Do custom files still work? Anyone know of a good one?

jdstorm

Banned
The first couple have aged, really badly, but still worth playing through IMO

The trick is play them in this order 3-1-2.

3 is the least visually dated, and it works better without having UC2 to compare it too.

Then play UC1. You will already know the characters pretty well by now and so most of the things that dont hold up are much easier to forgive since you are much more invested in the characters.

UC2. Has a much more natural ending point for the trilogy then UC3 and is Tonally the most similar to UC4. Also may as well save the consensus best game for last. That way it wont overshadow any of the other games (Mainly UC3)

This is a pretty specific question, but does the infamous collection on ps3 include ALL dlc, I know it has festival of blood, but what about the cosmetic stuff from infamous 2? Seems like a great price either way at 10 quid.

Moltenix

Damn, i'm so jelly EuroGAF. Now this is what our "Only on Playstation" sale should've been. You guys actually have all the good exclusives on sale!

CrayToes

The first couple have aged, really badly, but still worth playing through IMO

1? Sure. 2 though? Nonsense. It's still one of the finest action adventure games ever created. The pacing, encounter design and even the set pieces still hold up beautifully. Easily the best Uncharted game.

Buzzi

Very stupid question: is the "file size" showed on the PS Store the exact size of the digital games when installed? My (recently got from a friend) PS3 is a 12GB model and I was planning to buy on retail most of the big games, but the discount on Ico & SotC HD is good and the size showed is 7.7 GB...can I buy it and not regret?

Oh, and is it better to play the original Ape Escape or the PSP remake? Same price and I have both platforms.

Recall

Very stupid question: is the "file size" showed on the PS Store the exact size of the digital games when installed? My (recently got from a friend) PS3 is a 12GB model and I was planning to buy on retail most of the big games, but the discount on Ico & SotC HD is good and the size showed is 7.7 GB...can I buy it and not regret?

Oh, and is it better to play the original Ape Escape or the PSP remake? Same price and I have both platforms.

PS3 needs double the space due to how it unpacks downloaded titles.

Top Bottom