• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Microsoft has no plans to replenish stock of the Xbox One S 2TB model (EU)

Jack cw

Took a picture from Munichs biggest shopping mall.
They sold one console since launch...
20160803_155644_hdrueuma.jpg

Rellik

Makes sense. The XB1 isn't selling great as it is, especially in the EU. The vast majority of people who will buy one in the future would go for the cheaper smaller HDD versions anyway.

So make some money on the 2TB 'early adopters' then roll with the cheaper version(s).

We're talking UK, not EU. Xbox sells wells in the UK hence this limited edition selling out immediately.

I don't know what it is with Microsoft and Xbox hard drives.

They don't even have an overpriced proprietary version this time.

What are people supposed to do, have an external hard drive sticking out of their console?

Yes that is what most people do...

It makes sense to do this considering they are gearing up for the Scorpion. They make the S edition for a quick buck then release the scorpion and completely abandon the other SKUs.

Occam

Edit: Sigh, I guess I have to clarify: I meant financial instability... with Britain leaving Europe, the British pound devalued, documented examples of American companies already raising prices... so I'd say any business outside the EU concerned with exporting physical products will be tightening their supply chain during times of greater uncertainty.

There is no financial instability in Europe. The Euro is stable, and the British Pound being devalued due to political idiocy has no effect on the Euro. Prices in continental Europe are unaffected. The two currencies are not linked. Furthermore, Britain is not leaving Europe, that's physically impossible.

EmiPrime

Makes sense. Not many people are going to want a £350 Xbox One S when the old model can be had for £180 and those that do want one already pre-ordered it.

Wow, that's a lot of consoles. Media Markt in the Hamburg area only had few consoles each for sale. Least consoles displayed on launch day i saw was five. I bet those five still available.

I asked one of the employees. They expected a bit more sales he said. To be fair, they sell the PS4 for 250 Eur and the fat Xbone for 199.

Yeah I am in UK and out of everyone I know who has an Xbox one or wants one:

One who wants one is just getting the original as its cheaper and he doesn't care about HDR hell his TV is still 720p!

Another who has an Xbox one us getting the S but only 500gb as he has hard drive and doesn't see the point of a 2TB.

FATALITY

Banned
Big mistake making the xbox one s look the same as the normal one. U need to change the design to attract people. What a stupid decision

We're talking UK, not EU. Xbox sells wells in the UK hence this limited edition selling out immediately.

Right, but not many people are going to continue buying £350 XB1's. Not when there are cheaper PS4's, 4K Neos and NX's to compete with.

The £249 - £299 XB1S 500GB will be their best competing SKU, and will help them tick over until the Scorpio launch.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
There are plenty of them in stock in stores around here as well so everybody that wants one in Sweden can easily get one at least.

gamz

Yes that is what most people do...

It makes sense to do this considering they are gearing up for the Scorpion. They make the S edition for a quick buck then release the scorpion and completely abandon the other SKUs.

They did this day one. Nothing to do with Scorp.

Mainland EU stock will probably end up getting shipped to the UK. Lower £ does make this practice less enticing though.

Hesemonni

Banned
Can you swap the XB1 HDD like the PS4 one? Even if it voids warranty does it work in theory?
Can be changed. Voids the warranty.

Then again, in the EU if something else craps out you'll be covered by consumer protection laws anyway. It's up to the manufacturer to prove that the fault in question was caused by the change of the HDD or other action of the user.

Hesemonni

Banned
It was announced weeks ago that it will be limited. It has nothing to do with how good (or bad) it is selling.
I somehow managed to miss the fact that it's limited. My bad. To me it would make sense to have two SKUs with noticeably different storage capacities to clearly differentiate the products.

In Finland Gamestop has sold out their share of the initial shipment.

Bliddo

This is weird.
I wanted to buy one from gamestop, trading the older model, but on launch day the store closest to me received only 1 console.
This is how the availability is in Italy (it's been like this since day one):
http://d.pr/i/191LV

moozoom

It would be great if UK centric news, would not be plastered as "Europe". UK is a very specific market and is very different from what happens in other countries. Even more so with the brexit. All the prices are beginning to skyrocket because of the falling pound.

In France, nobody I know has bought an Xbox one, or wants to buy one, Sony and Nintendo have a very strong place. So I wouldn't be surprised to see high stock in shops.

It would be great if UK centric news, would not be plastered as "Europe". UK is a very specific market and is very different from what happens in other countries. Even more so with the brexit. All the prices are beginning to skyrocket because of the falling pound.

In France, nobody I know has bought an Xbox one, or wants to buy one, Sony and Nintendo have a very strong place. So I wouldn't be surprised to see high stock in shops.

I've seen a few being sold but in less gaming oriented places and the system was pushed a a UHD/4K player (near 4K TVs in Carrefour and in Fnac). But yeah there is plenty of stock still available.

And I agree that UK is not EU (who wouldn't). Not only because of the Brexit but because it always had been the case.
US news are not tagged as WW or America news, please do the same for UK !

Eurogamer news may come from their cz site, all the things they discuss is UK oriented.

So no restock news is EU (may need confirmation here) but stock issues and sold out is UK news. Mixing both and making a EU news is not true.

Saoshyant

Are the boxes really like that?? No normal person can tell at a glance that it's the new model. Where's the big "S" or anything that says it's a new model? Mainland Europe never cared about any of the Xboxes, and this minimalist approach that seems to expect the average consumer in this region of the world to know this specific X1 is a new product by themselves, it's... mindblowing in how bad an approach it is.

Shin-chan

Are the boxes really like that?? No normal person can tell at a glance that it's the new model. Where's the big "S" or anything that says it's a new model? Mainland Europe never cared about any of the Xboxes, and this minimalist approach that seems to expect the average consumer in this region of the world to know this specific X1 is a new product by themselves, it's... mindblowing in how bad an approach it is.
Looks to me like it's trying to be an evolution of the 360 with the colours and image.

Top Bottom