• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 to be announced at Bethesda presser

Armigr

Considering it was almost a decade between RE4 and The Evil Within, I'm perfectly fine with a sequel!

I'm glad a lot of people can be excited for a TEW portfolio. But personally, I wouldn't be happy if a man with as varied of a portfolio as Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil 1, Dino Crisis, God Hand, Vanquish, PN07) ended up making the same type of game a third time over. It would be a waste of his talents, in my opinion.

I really wouldn't want to get in the way of other people's excitement and discourse though, so this is the last I'll say about it.

Rymuth

Wolfenstein, I adored. So I'm up for another entry.

Couldn't even finish The Evil Within, so I'm cautious. Really hope they changed the engine.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, you should give a better look to the article

Prey 2, meanwhile, is thought to be completely different to the Human Head-developed Prey 2 we previewed in 2011. It's believed to have been built anew by the relatively new Austin, Texas arm of Dishonored developer Arkane. Kotaku leaked internal emails about Prey 2 a few years ago. However, Bethesda said in 2014 that the game had been cancelled.

Wolfenstein: New Order 2 we caught a whiff of when the voice actor of a key character in the first game said she was working on a second game in the series.

The Evil Within 2 we haven't heard anything notable about although a sequel is generally expected - the first game being one that went down well. We Recommended The Evil Within in our review.

The article is a sort of collection of rumours.

wrowa

News flash, some people actually enjoy being surprised by what's at conferences
In that case you shouldn't visit video game forums
and news sites during the days before E3. Most publishers announce a ton of stuff the week before E3, so if you want to be surprised, a lot of surprises are officially revealed early anyway.

If you don't want to see surprises from conferences early, it's really up to you to show responsibilty for yourself and take the necessary measurements to prevent yourself from being spoiled.

Zereta

Just a week ago, I was wondering "But, not a lot of games have been leaked for E3."

It's only Tuesday and already... wow.

The Evil Within 2 is the only real surprise though. Didn't we know for a while now that Prey would be coming back? Could have sworn a rumor has been floating around for a long time now.

Eurogamer's reporting it's hearing those things will be announced as well from its own sources. They're not basing this solely off a collection of previously published rumours anyways.

Yes they start with saying they've heard rumors of Evil Within 2, then finish with "well we haven't heard anything but the first game was cool"

68727412.jpg

Zemm

If they're doing Wolf 2 then they need to remove the absolute tedium that is picking up all the ammo, that ruined the game for me.

Oh my god Bethesda's E3 presser is going to be so good.

Dishonored 2
Skyrim Remastered
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2
Prey 2
Yes it seems it's going to be awesome.
First I wanted to skip the conference since it's 4AM here but I think I'm just gonna watch it live and head then straight to work.

A successor to Wolfenstein TNO would he most welcome. My fav fps this gen, it was a game that knew what it was and wasn't pretentious about it. Such an amazing experience.

Side note: not a big fan of these types of leaks because it sorta ruins the surprise of having a TEW2 or TNO sequel being announced. This isn't a cutting edge leak like a PS Neo/Xbox Scorpio leak.

Turkoop

Banned
Maybe read the article first, it's a whole load of nothing. Overemphasising things seems to be one of your traits.

Eurogamer understands this rumour to be true, and we've also heard Bethesda will announce The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2 and re-announce Prey 2 during the conference.
this is a confirmation for me.

Erevador

Evil Within was a delightful rebirth for classic horror, but had some of the kinks you'd expect from a new IP in a fairly dead genre.

Would love to see a proper sequel for it that improves on all aspects. The art design was stellar, and I'd love to see the tech advance a bit to really do that great art justice.

Horror sequels have a way of being even better than the original (Silent Hill 2, RE 2).

Really excited to see what they would do with Evil Within 2, IF it turns out to be true.

A lot of changes could easily be made, and performance should be a lot better this time.

J4g3r

That guy from the Skyrim Remaster thread who posted about it back in April debunked TEW2 at E3 2016, maybe we're just getting a very short teaser or something?

"Expect more at TGS2016"

Sorry to bump an old thread, just got some news on the grapevine.

Sequel/new game from Tango post The Evil Within will not feature at E3. The team is most likely targeting TGS2016 at the moment it seems. Planning stage finished a few months back and now in the process of early to mid development.

Regarding Bethesda as a whole, I'm hearing talks of Skyrim coming this E3 as a possible remaster with mods for consoles.

Though reading the Eurogamer article, it sure sounds like an assumption.

The Evil Within 2 we haven't heard anything notable about although a sequel is generally expected - the first game being one that went down well. We Recommended The Evil Within in our review.

sora87

In that case you shouldn't visit video game forums
and news sites during the days before E3. Most publishers announce a ton of stuff the week before E3, so if you want to be surprised, a lot of surprises are officially revealed early anyway.

If you don't want to see surprises from conferences early, it's really up to you to show responsibilty for yourself and take the necessary measurements to prevent yourself from being spoiled.

Guess i should just bookmark the few threads i visit daily for now then

SZips

I wonder what direction they're taking Prey 2, assuming that rumor is true. I liked the look of the original reveal but I loved the first game and don't really want it to go open world. =/

Edit: Quite excited for more Wolfenstein though!

Nere

If those leaks are real damn. Both the originals were excellent games. Hope the leaks are true.

Liamc723

this is a confirmation for me.

They then say that. Is someone saying they liked the original confirmation to you of a sequel?

Using vague rumours as a confirmation is silly.

Anticol

Banned
So many sequel, such risk. Wow.

Really? They are the second titles in their respective franchises, they took a big risk with Wolfenstein New Order and in a certain way with The Evil Within, they had success with them and now they can't make a sequel?

Do you want new ip's all the time, from every publisher?, seriously...

AHA-Lambda

Prey 2, and new Wolfenstein and Evil Within?

Oh man, I knew there was good reason to be most excited for the Bethesda conference :D

Turkoop

Banned
They then say that. Is someone saying they liked the original confirmation to you of a sequel?

Using vague rumours as a confirmation is silly.

this is dumb from Eurogamer, first they say they heard Wolfenstein 2, Evil within 2 etc. will be there and then we haven't heardy anything regarding Evil within 2?! wtf

JimiNutz

Banned
Disappointed if they aren't going to announce Quake.

I suppose Doom did just come out so maybe a bit soon but it would have been nice to have confirmation that id are working on Quake next.

Top Bottom