• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: There are 93 Confirmed PSVR 2 Games In Development

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
lol these psvr2 haters are exhausting. There are a lot of great games in that list that I look forward to.
Any PSVR2 article now just brings on the haters or the "needs a price cut" crowd.
It's the best thing about this generation IMO.

All these VR haters think that all VR games need to be big budget AAA 100 million dollar games to be fun. While that is not even the case with PC VR titles.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
It's been less than 2 months and they have GT7, RE8, Horizon, Walking Dead 1+2, Star Wars, NMS. etc.
I said you don't want EVERY game to be AAA big long releases, it's more tasking to wear a headset for hours at a time on a single game everytime you put on a headset.

Not everyone bought crap cell phone vr, a lot of us haven't played these games, and they're the best version of these games.

PSVR2 is outpacing the PSVR during a soft launch with a smaller PS5 install base while not in retail stores . . .

People like being in denial and think it's all doom and gloom cause they wanna think their cell phone chip vr is good enough, that's on you. I can tell you it's crap compared to PSVR2. If you can't spend the $$$ that's on you.

Holy crap, so ridiculously defensive. It's like your whole self esteem is wrapped up in your vr device.

Crap cell phone vr? Lol, there are plenty of quest owners (or other) vr headset owners who have played pc versions of many of these.

I actually quite like what Sony has in terms of the psvr2 (albeit a little overpriced for a console accessory, regardless of quality).
I personally hope it succeeds.

None of this changes the point that as of today, I don't see a single AAA sony title announced for the future. How long do you expect to ride the half game/tech demo that is horizon, gt7 (amazing) and Re? Indefinitely? And if you look back at psvr's track record it's not inspiring in this regard.

As to the sales of psvr2, you could tell by preorders and stock in retail stores that its not selling that well. (Sold in retail stores in Canada......check your facts)
A device that has limited appeal to a lot of people (vr in general, not a sony issue), to a limited market (ps5 owners) , it has an uphill battle from day 1.

Last edited:
Holy crap, so ridiculously defensive. It's like your whole self esteem is wrapped up in your vr device.

Crap cell phone vr? Lol, there are plenty of quest owners (or other) vr headset owners who have played pc versions of many of these.

I actually quite like what Sony has in terms of the psvr2 (albeit a little overpriced for a console accessory, regardless of quality).
I personally hope it succeeds.

None of this changes the point that as of today, I don't see a single AAA sony title announced for the future. How long do you expect to ride the half game/tech demo that is horizon, gt7 (amazing) and Re? Indefinitely? And if you look back at psvr's track record it's not inspiring in this regard.

As to the sales of psvr2, you could tell by preorders and stock in retail stores that its not selling that well. (Sold in retail stores in Canada......check your facts)
A device that has limited appeal to a lot of people (vr in general, not a sony issue), to a limited market (ps5 owners) , it has an uphill battle from day 1.
I already have plenty for year 1 and it's been 2 months . . . we only know of 2 AAA sony titles announced for PS5, I guess that's a big flop by your logic considering it's year 3.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

and if you're someone that places a decent amount of VR. You don't really want every game to be a big long AAA game to begin with.
Plus any game like that is going to get announced at a show . . . which we haven't had even for PS5 in awhile. People need to pipe down.

Truth be told, the more you love the PSVR2 the more you should want a price cut for it. The more relevant and accessible the device becomes to gamers the more devs will consider integrating it into AAA games or making AAA games specifically for VR. The more niche the device the less support it is going to get, simple as.

Crayon

I'm seeing many that I want, but a little too much overlap in the fps and flight sim. Like two of each, maybe, but I'll probably call it there. Like if Ultrawings 2 and project wingman are good enough to put real hours into, I don't need warthunder. If those suck then I need warthunder lol. Funny how that works.

What I want most anyway are the adventure games like behemoth, journey to foundation, and red matter 2.

THE DUCK

I already have plenty for year 1 and it's been 2 months . . . we only know of 2 AAA sony titles announced for PS5, I guess that's a big flop by your logic considering it's year 3.

So now your comparing a traditional console that has already had 7-10 aaa games released and dozens more planned vs an add on that costs more than the console that has one 3rd party aaa game and one 1st party vr game tacked on to an existing already released game? I see reality isn't part of this conversation.

fart town usa

Gold Member
ps4 gamer GIF by PlayStation

Just give me a remaster of Wipeout ffs
I just realized last night that it's part of the PS+ classics collection. Downloaded it and gonna try it out on PSVR.

Crayon

So now your comparing a traditional console that has already had 7-10 aaa games released and dozens more planned vs an add on that costs more than the console that has one 3rd party aaa game and one 1st party vr game tacked on to an existing already released game? I see reality isn't part of this conversation.

I can't tell if this is driving you crazy or you showed up that way today. Try keeping the same standard between the ps5 and psvr2 games. Did you really end up with 7-10? Probably not and that's because it's an insane standard.

Ozzie666

Alyx needs to show up. It's really stalled in terms of momentum with no must have titles, the future looks on par with PSVR 1 at this point.
This isn't 1994 where you can just drop a nice piece of hardware and expect third parties to support and carry it. Needs to be more than Horizon and GT.

ReBurn

Gold Member
So out of the 93 games there, be honest, how many stand out except for the "full game" ports like RE4? I see a massive list of short "experiences" and shovelware tbh
Such is the state of VR. It's disappointing all around. I spend maybe an hour with my Quest 2 in a month these days. It's not a problem that better hardware is going to fix. Outside of a handful of titles software support for VR is generally bad.

Crayon

Alyx needs to show up. It's really stalled in terms of momentum with no must have titles, the future looks on par with PSVR 1 at this point.
This isn't 1994 where you can just drop a nice piece of hardware and expect third parties to support and carry it. Needs to be more than Horizon and GT.

When did that ever work in 1994?

THE DUCK

I can't tell if this is driving you crazy or you showed up that way today. Try keeping the same standard between the ps5 and psvr2 games. Did you really end up with 7-10? Probably not and that's because it's an insane standard.

I'm not the one who dragged the ps5 into the arguement. I'm not at that standard but what do you think is needed to propel the psvr2 into a fully successful product? I can tell you it's not just the launch games. There has to be a few more over its life or it's not going to fly. And it can't just be 3rd party games.

Last edited:

Crayon

I'm not the one who dragged the ps5 into the arguement. I'm not at that standard but what do you think is needed to propel the psvr2 into a fully successful product? I can tell you it's not just the launch games. There has to be a few more over its life or it's not going to fly. And it can't just be 3rd party games.

What do I think is needed? No idea. Mostly because I don't know what "fully successful product" means. Do you?

PS1, the friendly third-party machine

It took some doing to make that happen. Many platforms have died when expected third parties didn't show up. It did hinge on the 3rd party support but everyone else who tried that crashed and burned. It didn't work just because it was 1994.

FrankWza

It's been less than 2 months and they have GT7, RE8, Horizon, Walking Dead 1+2, Star Wars, NMS. etc.
I said you don't want EVERY game to be AAA big long releases, it's more tasking to wear a headset for hours at a time on a single game everytime you put on a headset.

Not everyone bought crap cell phone vr, a lot of us haven't played these games, and they're the best version of these games.

PSVR2 is outpacing the PSVR during a soft launch with a smaller PS5 install base while not in retail stores . . .

People like being in denial and think it's all doom and gloom cause they wanna think their cell phone chip vr is good enough, that's on you. I can tell you it's crap compared to PSVR2. If you can't spend the $$$ that's on you.
They don't understand that a 7% or higher attach rate is insane when you're selling 100mil+ and averaging $400 in price after all is said and done.

Three

So out of the 93 games there, be honest, how many stand out except for the "full game" ports like RE4? I see a massive list of short "experiences" and shovelware tbh
A lot of those aren't shovelware or short experiences but they're not as well known an IP as RE4. That's the only reason RE4 stands out to you. Not because the others aren't full games.

fart town usa

Gold Member
It released February 22nd. It's 2 months old and it has RE: Village.

THE DUCK

What do I think is needed? No idea. Mostly because I don't know what "fully successful product" means. Do you?

It took some doing to make that happen. Many platforms have died when expected third parties didn't show up. It did hinge on the 3rd party support but everyone else who tried that crashed and burned. It didn't work just because it was 1994.

I think we have a general idea at least of what Sony wants from psvr2. 5 million in sales would acceptable, 10 million or more would be a fully successful product. Of course the exact amounts are debatable, but they are going to be somewhere in that range.

So do you really think Sony has any chance of 10 million in sales without proper aaa title support? I don't, in fact I think it might actually do worse than psvr if the price and software situation doesn't improve. Let's not forget that psvr2 will be facing some competion in the next couple of years as well. Again it's not as though I'm rooting for problems, just think Sony needs to up its game (pardon the pun) on both fronts.
Even more so if a recession hits and toy money evaporates more.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
A list for people who do not wish to click the video

00:00 - Intro
01:05 - ACTION/ADVENTURE - Ancient Dungeon VR
01:45 - Journey to Foundation
02:27 - Jurassic Snap
03:06 - Kill it With Fire
03:41 - Lonn VR
04:19 - Low-Fi
05:01 - Peaky Blinders: The King's Ransom
05:42 - Pirates VR: Jolly Roger
06:22 - Red Matter 2
07:03 - Shadowgate VR: The Mines of Mythrok
07:40 - Soul of Kaeru
08:30 - Sushi Ben
09:10 - Talking Dogs
09:53 - Tempus 84
10:38 - The Foglands
11:17 - The Riese Project
12:00 - Wanderer
12:48 - Windlands 2
13:29 - ARCADE - District M
14:09 - Dropship Commander
14:44 - FITNESS - Rezzil Player
15:20 - FLIGHT SIMS - Aces of Thunder
16:06 - Project Wingman
16:44 - RC Airplane Challenge
17:18 - Ultrawings 2
17:47 - HACK & SLASH - Grimlord
18:26 - Hellish Quart
19:05 - Hellsplit Arena
19:36 - Hellsweeper
21:04 - Samurai Slaughter House
21:33 - HORROR - Affected: The Asylum
22:27 - Aliens VR
22:52 - Bad Dreams
23:31 - Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord
24:09 - Hello Neighbour: Search and Rescue
24:54 - Madison
25:46 - OVRDark
26:16 - Propagation: Paradise Hotel
27:10 - Resident Evil 4 Remake
27:44 - Stranger Things VR
28:37 - The Exorcist Legion VR: Sin
29:07 - The Twilight Zone VR
29:54 - Wandering in Space
30:30 - MANAGEMENT - Bloody Hell Hotel
31:05 - Prison Simulator VR
31:41- PUZZLE - Another Fisherman's Tale
32:20 - Colossal Cave
32:56 - Engram
33:42 - Firmament
34:23 - Humanity
35:03 - Project Lousianna: The Bounds VR
35:43 - The Guy VR Deluxe
36:36 - Tin Hearts
37:24 - RACING - 22 Racing Series
38:05 - RHYTHM ACTION - Beat Saber
38:52- SHOOTER - Alvo
39:36 - Black Trail
40:18 - Blood Trail
41:05 - Crossfire Sierra Squad
41:37 - D-Day Enhanced
42:17 - Desperate Vladivostok
42:52 - Distortion VR
43:30 - Drunk or Dead 2
44:12 - Firewall Ultra
44:55 - Ghosts of Tabor
45:38 - Hubris
46:19 - Hyperstacks
46:49 - Into the Darkness
47:19 - Synapse
48:00 - Solaris Off-World Combat I
48:29 - Vail VR
49:12 - Volcanic Core
49:38 - Wolf & Pigs: Out for Vengeance
50:17 - X8
50:58 - SIMULATION - Lucky Fish Bread
51:25 - SOCIAL DEDUCTION - Among Us VR
51:56 - SPORTS - Black Hole Pool
52:21 - Blacktop Hoops
52:50 - C-Smash VRS
53:25 - Golf+
54:04 - Nock
54:41 - Real VR Fishing
55:14 - Stride
55:55 - VR Skater
56:21 - Walkabout Mini Golf
57:03 - SURVIVAL - Behemoth
57:40 - Green Hell VR
58:16 - Medieval Dynasty
42:17 - Desperate Vladivostok
42:52 - Distortion VR
43:30 - Drunk or Dead 2
44:12 - Firewall Ultra
44:55 - Ghosts of Tabor
45:38 - Hubris
46:19 - Hyperstacks
46:49 - Into the Darkness
47:19 - Synapse
48:00 - Solaris Off-World Combat I
48:29 - Vail VR
49:12 - Volcanic Core
49:38 - Wolf & Pigs: Out for Vengeance
50:17 - X8
50:58 - SIMULATION - Lucky Fish Bread
51:25 - SOCIAL DEDUCTION - Among Us VR
51:56 - SPORTS - Black Hole Pool
52:21 - Blacktop Hoops
52:50 - C-Smash VRS
53:25 - Golf+
54:04 - Nock
54:41 - Real VR Fishing
55:14 - Stride
55:55 - VR Skater
56:21 - Walkabout Mini Golf
57:03 - SURVIVAL - Behemoth
57:40 - Green Hell VR
58:16 - Medieval Dynasty
58:59 - Neolithic Dawn
59:40 - Requisition VR
01:00:25 - Surv1v3
01:01:04 - Survival Nation
01:01:36 - Outro
You've listed several more than once. And I guess their list doesn't include Cactus Cowboy – Desert Warfare among others. Did anybody note the exclusives out of this? There's C-SMASH VRS for now, Idk what else.

Last edited:

keefged4

A lot of those aren't shovelware or short experiences but they're not as well known an IP as RE4. That's the only reason RE4 stands out to you. Not because the others aren't full games.
Maybe so, but its already looking like a nintendo eshop experience, which is what happened with PSVR1. I'm not a "hater" of VR or anything like that, I still regularly use my Quest 2 for Steam VR. I'm just pointing out that PSVR2 will go the same way as PSVR, mostly abandoned to be drowned in shovelware and years-old ports.

We need a PSVR2 port for Wipeout Omega Collection. It's one of the best VR games ever on PSVR1. I think it's criminal we don't have a PSVR2 port already.

While they are at it Sony needs to port Astrobot as well.

Edit: Solid list of games. Looking forward to the War Thunder VR game and Aliens VR for sure as well as RE4.

Last edited:

sigmaZ

It will still fail. They need to be smart and make normal non-VR games for it and a way to play your playstation library in VR with social elements. Tout it as a mobile, TV replacement device.

Maybe having an awesome gaming platform on top of your traditional gaming platform isn't for you . . . that's ok. Nintendo sells some cardboard for ya.

Truth be told, the more you love the PSVR2 the more you should want a price cut for it. The more relevant and accessible the device becomes to gamers the more devs will consider integrating it into AAA games or making AAA games specifically for VR. The more niche the device the less support it is going to get, simple as.
PSVR 1 got a price cut after 2 years. I expect about the same trajectory for this one. It's a high end, niche product. Did you expect the DualSense Edge to cut it's price after 2 months?
If Sony wanted to make a crap cheap VR like quest 2 to sell more, they would have. They're pushing gaming forward.

DaGwaphics

PSVR 1 got a price cut after 2 years. I expect about the same trajectory for this one. It's a high end, niche product. Did you expect the DualSense Edge to cut it's price after 2 months?
If Sony wanted to make a crap cheap VR like quest 2 to sell more, they would have. They're pushing gaming forward.

If in the end no one really buys it they don't push much forward. The forward move in VR is to get it to a place where quality dev work can be supported, as long as VR remains a high-end niche product no sustainable forward momentum will be built on the software side.

If in the end no one really buys it they don't push much forward. The forward move in VR is to get it to a place where quality dev work can be supported, as long as VR remains a high-end niche product no sustainable forward momentum will be built on the software side.
I'd argue the opposite. The most popular platform for PCVR being Quest 2 has lead to less impressive software. People still bring up Half Life Alyx and Asgards Wrath years and years later. It's been rather stagnant on PC for years now.
PSVR2 pushing things forward with a growing base and more simplified implementation than most pcvr and psvr1 is breathing new life into developing software. Who thought we'd already have a handful of games already using the eye tracking for instance?

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'd argue the opposite. The most popular platform for PCVR being Quest 2 has lead to less impressive software. People still bring up Half Life Alyx and Asgards Wrath years and years later. It's been rather stagnant on PC for years now.
PSVR2 pushing things forward with a growing base and more simplified implementation than most pcvr and psvr1 is breathing new life into developing software. Who thought we'd already have a handful of games already using the eye tracking for instance?
PSVR2 has raised the bar to a point of where I want every future headset to have the at least the same features (or something very similar).

Eye-tracking, head rumble, controller haptics, and adaptive triggers are all awesome. Adaptive triggers especially adds so much to the VR experience.

DaGwaphics

I agree that the hardware seems like a big jump from PSVR1 which I found cumbersome.

In terms of software development though the rubber meets the road with $, so, I would like to see Sony subsidize the headset as much as possible to build a bigger base of users that are capable of supporting more advanced software. I'm not anti-VR at all, quite the opposite, I'm curious what experiences could be brought forward for it. So far everything I've tried on PSVR was meh for the most part, and the Quest stuff hasn't really looked much better to me.

Crayon

I think we have a general idea at least of what Sony wants from psvr2. 5 million in sales would acceptable, 10 million or more would be a fully successful product. Of course the exact amounts are debatable, but they are going to be somewhere in that range.

So do you really think Sony has any chance of 10 million in sales without proper aaa title support? I don't, in fact I think it might actually do worse than psvr if the price and software situation doesn't improve. Let's not forget that psvr2 will be facing some competion in the next couple of years as well. Again it's not as though I'm rooting for problems, just think Sony needs to up its game (pardon the pun) on both fronts.
Even more so if a recession hits and toy money evaporates more.

Ah I think that's totally reasonable. 5 would be dissapointing but treading water. 10 would be strong since it doubled the old one. I think they fall somewhere in there with what I'm seeing now. It's 2 months since launch, and the selection of games is good. There are a afew aaa's which is almost unheard of in vr. More importantly, though. There are a lot more mid-tiers. Those are important because even they have been rare. Stuff like crossfire and wingman. Now owners have a selection of games that get off that indie-level floor that most games have been stuck at. 10 mil is pretty small in platform terms so it's reasonable to assume that buyers will be somewhat familiar to the vr landscape and those more numerous mid-tier games are going to be looking good compared to what's traditionally been out there.

I agree that the hardware seems like a big jump from PSVR1 which I found cumbersome.

In terms of software development though the rubber meets the road with $, so, I would like to see Sony subsidize the headset as much as possible to build a bigger base of users that are capable of supporting more advanced software. I'm not anti-VR at all, quite the opposite, I'm curious what experiences could be brought forward for it. So far everything I've tried on PSVR was meh for the most part, and the Quest stuff hasn't really looked much better to me.
Sony stated something about trying to get more hybrid games. I think they'll be paying for more VR modes like with the upcoming RE4. This month of PS+ has a game you can play in VR. I'm sure they have at least a studio or two doing VR games. etc. It's true that the rubber meets the road at $$$, which is why you want to be in good graces with Playstation. They sell software without people expecting it for free on a service. So devs may be more incentive to make VR modes for their flat games. The devs that had games ready for PSVR2 are probably loving the thing. Tons of Pavlov and Star Wars sales. etc.

Top Bottom