• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of don't trust anyone

Who will win the next game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
lPp7azM.png

VnXONi4.png

GAME TIME IS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

GAME PASSWORD QUOTE TO SEE:

WHO PLAY WHO

Code:
Participating players:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2DM7CqR.gif[/IMG] fanboi | 
Red Arremer |
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RaBxVYg.gif[/IMG] Kabouter | Not 100% sure.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2DM7CqR.gif[/IMG] Spirited |
Fitz | 
KingSnake |
Uzzy |
EMT0 |
JWitjes |
Crab |
Stefan |
FACE |
ZZMitch |

RULES

Added rules after MP session 2:

1. If you consistently cause the game to drop below speed 2, you will be kicked for the duration of the session.

2. Maximizing the ticking war score means that the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Achieving an overall war score of 80% also means the losing side must automatically meet the demands of the winning side. Peace demands can not exceed 100% war score. People can't be forced to peace out separately in a PvP war, to avoid peace demands from being truly excessive. Similarly, don't circumvent the war score cap by declaring multiple wars as a single alliance. If you do this, the total demands can't be more than 100%. If non-aligned human players both attack another human player, this obviously does not apply.

3. Players may not have more than guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 1500, 2 other prior to 1600, or 3 others prior to 1750. A coalition may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 1500, 4 player nations prior to 1600, or 5 player nations prior to 1750. This rule does not count for any player controlled subjects a player might have. No enforce peace in wars involving human players on either side. Indirect involvement in wars (for instance threatening someone with an attack unless they don't engage in a war against human players) counts as an alliance for the player being helped and thus is only allowed if the player being helped does not exceed its human ally limit in this fashion.

4. Can't attack a player nation with more than 50% tech group disparity, unless through a non-subject third party. Rule expires in 1600.

5. One rejoin per session, if you crash out multiple times, wait for someone else to drop out and then you can of course also rejoin.

6. Player nations are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.

7. A general anti-exploit rule. Basically, if it looks like an exploit, then don't do it. Don't try to circumvent rules through trickery. If you're unsure if something violates this rule, ask.

8. Pausing only allowed when DoW happens to you. Then during the war it isn't acceptable. Players can pause once to make peace deals, but only for the allotted 25 seconds or so before others can unpause. PvP wars are not exempted.

9. Don't pick someone else's vassal/personal union partner. Also, don't pick Lithuania if someone has picked Poland already or vice versa.

10. No more nation switching after the first five sessions.

GAME SETTINGS

Normal Difficulty
No Bonuses
Historical Lucky Nations
Dynamic Province Names On
Locked Ledger
Only Host Can Save
Editable Save

USED DLC:S

Conquest of Paradise
Wealth of Nations
Res Publica
Sword and Crescent
Purple Phoenix.
Art of War
El Dorado
Common sense
(And a bunch of cosmetic stuff)

SERVER INFO (quote to see):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Previous sessions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668353
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877208
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905372
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152212529&postcount=2240

Ending for session V:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164611443&postcount=1673

fanboi

Banned
Please post in this thread if you want to participate using this template:

Steam name:
Country of residence:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I dont have time atm, because I am a bit busy, but I just wanted to say that it would be fun if no one else participated and fanboi would be mandatory required to post updates on his 1 person MP game.

Have fun guys :)

fanboi

Banned
I dont have time atm, because I am a bit busy, but I just wanted to say that it would be fun if no one else participated and fanboi would be mandatory required to post updates on his 1 person MP game.

Have fun guys :)

That is an excellent idea! LTTP thread :p

But sorry to see you not being able, next time.

Steam name: RedArremer
Country of residence: Most Serene Republic of San Marino

Just to spite toma. Also, I'm not sure yet if I can make it, I'll let you know how things are when we're closer to the start!

Kabouter

Not 100% sure about participating but here goes:
Steam name: Retuobak (I think, I have a different nickname set)
Country of residence: Not Holland

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll be sitting out this round. I can't spare the time.

Fitz

I should be around, will be away from the 29th to I think the 9th, but after that I'll be free as usual.

Steam name: Fitz
Empire of residence: United Kingdom

Haly

FACE might be interested though. Someone should give him a heads up.

CloudWolf

Fuck it, I'll join. I kinda forgot how to play well because I haven't really played the game much lately, but MP games are always fun.

Steam name: JWitjes

smjanssen

Steam name: Stefan
Country of residence: The Kingdom of The Netherlands (which might include Holland, but does not mean Holland)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Might include Holland? Does that imply that sometimes it doesn't include Holland? That might explain why so many people think Holland is an independent country - clearly when not included it far outshines the remaining Netherlands.

EMT0

Banned
Steam Name: EMT0
Country of Residence: The Free State of Northern Virginia

I should be able to participate if real life doesn't get in the way again like last time. Hope to stomp I mean ally you all.

ZZMitch

Starting grad school in a couple weeks so it really depends on my schedule!

Steam name: ZZMitch
Location: Maine, USA or Kingston, Canada depending on the time of year haha

CloudWolf

Hey awesome, I got the two luck-based achievements in a single Münster/Westphalia game (Electable! and Princess in This Castle). Those two have eluded me for quite some time.

Münster to Westphalia is pretty fun by the way, I'd recommend it.

Hello guys,

sorry for my late response. My schedule for the next weeks was not clear before. Unfortunately, I will spend couple of weeks in september without the possibilty to play. In addition to that my dota 2 team is displeasing time consuming at the moment.
I wish all participants good luck and a lot of fun and I really want return for the saison after that one for the glory of danish demise.

See you later, best regards
RickDeckerSpiegel

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is the general consensus that the latest patch/expansion was shit, since we're (as in Kab) considering waiting for a new expansion?

I've hardly played the game at all since our last mp session, and only for a little bit after CS.

Lach

Hmm just stumbled over this topic.
If this is still happening I think I'd like to join.

Not that experienced in EUIV (or EU in general) compared to CK2.
The times would fit as well.

Uzzy

I'm not of the opinion that the latest patch is shit, but it is in beta atm. So waiting for the patch to become official seems to make the most sense.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Given the general lack of enthusiasm in this thread, I'm wondering if it can start at all ahahah. Maybe just wait and hope for the next expansion to get people back into it? :p
There are enough players to start now probably, as long as very few people drop out. I might be able to participate, but regardless of when we start I can't promise that I will join every session.

smjanssen

Well, this should allow for more complex diplomacy :D

And then we have a feature which will be part of the as of yet unnanounced expansion.. The Victory Cards system. This is a feature that is primarily designed for multiplayer games, as it is introduced to reduce hugboxes and permanent allianceblocks.

That is if we were actually focusing on score instead of finishing in one decisive World War everytime

Haly

No one cares about score except Kabouter.

He's going to hoard all the Victory cards and still "win" even if some other alliance was clearly the strongest.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know anyone who cares about score other than Paradox devs and Kab, and I'm not even convinced Kab does, he just wants boasting rights.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If they really wanted to add a "become fanboi" incentive to multiplayer sessions they should have given whoever attacks a former ally 30% discipline bonus or etc.

points? lol

Kab and I already have a USA + UK tag team booked in for whenever it comes out.

There will probably be a "convenient for everybody except Australia" multi game just like with EU4 though too.

Kabouter

Kab and I already have a USA + UK tag team booked in for whenever it comes out.

There will probably be a "convenient for everybody except Australia" multi game just like with EU4 though too.

I think fanboi should play Nazi Germany and Crab the USSR. Then fanboi backstabbing is historically accurate.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The only proper choice for Red Arremer is Poland

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Who is France and Italy?

France has to be someone who's willing to open his beach for you and tiddums

Italy has to be someone who is crazy enough to trust fanboi =
kingsnake

Status