• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe declares war ......... on MEMES

royox

Shit, what happens when people want to rob a bank in your country?

In most countries:
You are told to do nothing and give them all they want while the police tries to come as fast as they can. The insurance company gives back all the money.

In most banks the Safe needs 10-15 minutes waiting time to be opened that can't be avoided in any way, that prevents most of the robberies as the police would be there in 5 minutes tops.

Last edited:

royox

So kids are less valuable than money, politicians, and celebrities? You don't have armed guards to protect those things in your country?

There are no mass shootings in schools in my country, we are not crazy. Why would we need armed security guards in schools?

What we have at least in spain is police patrolling streets with schools at morning and afternoon when kids go and leave.

BANGS

Banned
In most countries:
You are told to do nothing and give them all they want while the police tries to come as fast as they can. The insurance company gives back all the money.

In most banks the Safe needs 10-15 minutes waiting time to be opened that can't be avoided in any way, that prevents most of the robberies as the police would be there in 5 minutes tops.
And those police don't have guns? How do they know they can stop the robbers?

There are no mass shootings in schools in my country, we are not crazy. Why would we need armed security guards in schools?

What we have at least in spain is police patrolling streets with schools at morning and afternoon when kids go and leave.
So... you have armed guards... gotcha...

royox

So... you have armed guards... gotcha...

Police patrolling streets =/= Armed guards inside schools.

And those police don't have guns? How do they know they can stop the robbers?

Yes they do, they are the Police, they are EXPECTED to have guns.

I don't understand where did I derrail you...maybe because I'm not native english I made you believe here NOBODY can use guns, that's not what I meant.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Police patrolling streets =/= Armed guards inside schools.

Yes they do, they are the Police, they are EXPECTED to have guns.

I don't understand where did I derrail you...maybe because I'm not native english I made you believe here NOBODY can use guns, that's not what I meant.
It wasn't you, the user named fantomena said they don't protect things with guns in his country...

NickFire

why does this thread exist?
Cause an internationally known news organization ran a story about people basically trying to get rid of memes, going so far as to blame them on kids getting fat. After several double checks to confirm it was not the Onion in disguise, I them posted it.

Papa

Banned
How are they gonna define a meme? Any humorous image that gets re-posted? How many times does it need to be re-posted? How will they define humorous?

Nicktendo86

I've said it before and I say it again, the sooner we (the UK) are out of this circus the better.

YouTube says that new EU copyright rules could force it to ban people from uploading their own videos.
It says that the new directive puts its entire creative community at risk and that the new rules could "drastically change the internet that you see today".

The comments from YouTube boss Susan Wojcicki‏ are just one part of widespread outrage about the new rules, which campaigners have referred to as the 'meme ban'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...ban-article-13-11-latest-google-a8596366.html

Last edited:

Mojoraisin

What's with Sweden? I went there a few years ago, people were really nice and I had a great time.

But as of late it seems like every time there's some ridiculous SJW law project or political argument Sweden is involved

As a Swede I'll give you the tl;dr version.

1) Swedes with Swedish values are in general nice and great still. Please continue to visit and support us.

2) "Resetera-minded people" (aka nutjobs) have been successful at getting to influential political and press posts much like the US the last decades. They don't reflect the majority.

3) Luckily we are slowly getting rid of these above. Combination of mass media slowly dying, alternative media, the left starting to eat their own and not to forget, people are: "tired of this shit?!!!?!?!?!?!!"

4) Swedes are in general obedient to authorities, afraid of conflict and a consensus striving country. That is a looooong discussion we can have another time. People don't agree with some of the shit you mentioned but don't care or don't want to take the conflict either.

We are on the right path but it will get worse before it gets better. Old powers are trying to grasp for continued control over conversation topics. I think this meme lunacy is an example of that. People like myself stand up and take a lot of flak for doing so. I used to be alone for many years. Now friends that have been silent dare to speak publicly. Fucking finally.

Side note
To the people thinking the US is in great shape concerning free speech. Look to your own campuses on how certain speakers are villified. It's even worse than Sweden.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Shame. This couldve been an amazing thread of us coming together to post memes to spite this coming bullshit. But nah, of course some of you had to turn this into another America vs Europe political war on bullshit

Shame. This couldve been an amazing thread of us coming together to post memes to spite this coming bullshit. But nah, of course some of you had to turn this into another America vs Europe political war on bullshit
Europe is embarrassed, that's all. No need to rub it in.

0f87df93b2dc6f94f060f8ede35c380b.jpg

Top Bottom