• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Gaf: at what price would you pick up a XB1 over PS4?

Kosma

Banned
Since the XB1 still isnt out in many countries (like here in tier 2) I was wondering at what price you would pick up the XB1 over the PS4 (if you were planning on getting one)?

MrChom

After MS constantly lowering the bar and mucking me around with 360 I can confidently say there is almost no price they could put XB1 at and get me to choose it over PS4

dc89

I was considering picking when up mid generation when there's been a few price cuts. But I dunno if I will now really with all the game performance related stuff that keeps coming about.

Dunno. Maybe £250-299 with a game or two. If I was feeling a bit fruity.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Never ? I would rather pay a little more upfront than having to play inferior multiplattform games for the next 5 years. Even for 250€ i would still be more likely to get just a PS4 for 400€.

Kosma

Banned
I remember in the OG xbox days MS had some mad bundles for a nice price. I picked up my OG with Halo + Midtown Madness + JSRF iirc.

Zalman

Free. I would never pick an Xbox One "over" a PS4. As a third console next to my upcoming PS4 and Wii U, maybe. I just love Sony's exclusives too much to pass up.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Same price. The Xbone have the better exclusives announced, which is what matters to me.

dejan

I said this before and I'll say it again: I wouldn't bring an Xbox One into my home even if Microsoft were giving them away for free.

Fheonix

Neo Member
I'd pay £200, £250 Max. I can't justify another huge console purchase these days, despite how much I'd like to give on a try...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Seeing as the entire continent is going PS4 and i'd barely have anyone to play with, 300 EUR?

Edit: I realize this is generous, I still wouldn't grab one off the shelves at that price. 200?

Pjsprojects

£249.99 is what I think its worth without Kinect.

No rush already got what I class as a better line up - WiiU,PS4 & PC.

EDIT. Would not buy one over a PS4.

Firebrand

Price isn't the issue. Neither the original Xbox nor the 360 had (m)any exclusives that appealed to me besides XBLA games, most of which ended up on Steam eventually. I don't predict that is going to change with the XB1. Even if it was €100 I think I'd rather put that money towards PC or Nintendo hardware.

I'm not currently planning on getting a PS4 either though I could see myself doing so if there's interesting content from Japan like RPGs.

SgtCobra

I would still get a PS4 at €400 if it was available, it's sold out everywhere.
Bought an X1 for €500 and would've preferred to pay €300 for it.

Never ?

Why would i want to deal with inferior console for whole generation just because it was few Euros cheaper than PS4?

Applecot

The so called "value proposition" isn't really high enough for me given how the exclusives on the 360 went. Even worse now that it's weaker than the PS4.

Didn't even end up getting the 360 when it was around $100AUD so that's probably about the price point.

TheCloser

Banned
As long as the ps4 and xbox one are close in price, then I would always go with the ps4. The only way I could go with an xbox one is if the ps4 was 50% more expensive or the xb1 was 33% cheaper.
Honestly, I wouldn't take an xbox one for free. I'm not going to pay two subscription fees for online and there is too much overlap in the game library.

Ulumsk

Already have a PS4 and I don't want to play multiplats on Xbone. It would have to build up a decent library first. When that happens I would bite for $399 even though I feel I get less functionality out of it than Americans do, or less for a Kinectless package.(unless games start using Kinect in meaningful ways. The TV features are close to useless for me)

Into

250-300 euros, remove Kinect

I am not paying for something i do not want. That is the most basic consumer rule since 3000 BC.

And no they cannot convince me that its good, ive seen the Kinect, ive given it plenty of chances, its a POS, i am not paying a single euro for it, period.

gilljoy

£200 with a free game or two.

I regret picking up the PS4 simply because there isn't really any games on it I can't get on my PC for much cheaper.

Thief for £30 instead of £50 yeah I'll get it on pc etc.

I'll probably pick up an Xbone when a few more exclusives have been released

El-Suave

How many millions would it cost for MS to buy Naughty Dog from Sony? That price.
Price is not my complaint about Xbone. €100 more or less on the initial purchase of something I'll spend a lot of money on over the years is pretty much irrelevant.

Edit: Considering it as a second platform would take a few more years of commitment on first party software from Microsoft.

terrier

since i do not care very much with MS exclusives , and considering the performance difference it should be below 200€ to consider buying one.

Dougald

I already bought one, for I am a sucker for gaming products with a disposable income

£299 would be a fair price sans-kinect, but to pick it up *over* a PS4 if I was only getting one, it would have to be less than that

If they were the same price.
I can't pay £100 more for a console that's getting the short end of the stick on multiplats and doesn't have a host of exclusive games I need.

Xater

I'd never take it over the PS4. Not with what they have delivered. Maybe I'll consider getting it for exclusivescI am interested in at 200-250€.

amar212

Well, let's se.. In my country I can't use:

- Netflix
- Amazon Instant Video
- Crackle
- ESPN
- CV
- Fox
- Hulu
- Muzu
- Redbox
- Target
- Univision
- VUDU
- Verizon
- Xbox Music
- Xbox Video

I can't subscribe to Sky or any other UK provider.

My X360 Fanatec 1200€ worth of wheels/pedals/seats/shifters are not working on the XboxOne.

So, hm. Okay, 199€ with game.

Because I really can't justify any other price for that box.

RulkezX

My opinion is warped because I own both , but if I knew then what I know now I'm not sure id buy an xbox over a PS4 at any price ( assuming I can only have one )

Steez

I don't see a scenario where I would buy a Xbone (or a WiiU for that matter), regardless of price.

It seems like the console was primarily created for an american audience, the difference in performance appears to be huge and I just don't care for any Microsoft exclusive.

kmax

There is no price I'd pick up the Xbone over PS4. I don't buy MS vision, nor do I find the features that are on the Xbone appealing to me. I want a raw and powerful gaming console, and that's exactly what I'm getting with the PS4.

Top Bottom