• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2012 |OT| Europe's guilty pleasure since 1956

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, despite coming 15th in a semi-final, this is the best result in years.

Actually, there have been some semis where the Netherlands came in 13th and 14th (but those always were a bit smaller than the ones this year), but since 2004, you guys never qualified. :<

What upsets me the most is that Bulgaria has the same amount of points as Norway, but Norway qualified (presumably the higher point scores were favoring it), which is a real crime cause Bulgaria's entry was awesome, whereas Norway rightfully ended up dead last in the finals. Shame.

Keasar

Fucking hell, I can't read any news site without having to first dig through all the headlines about Loreen.

Oh that's right, we won! Wooo!

Dibbz

Moldova was robbed. The dancing alone deserved this year's trophy!

Seriously though Eurovision was a good laugh this year as it always is. Have no idea how anyone can take it seriously.
The only song that has ever made me think about Eurovision differently was Estonia in 2009 and that came 6th, which is a joke in itself. Best Eurovision song and singer ever by a mile. Travesty.

Yeah Moldova was fun. Guy looks like a mix between Colin Farrell and Joey Barton which was a bit scary.

2969822844_e978c5a662.jpg

+
Joey-Barton-twittiquette-007.jpg

=
pasha-parfeny-rehearsal.jpg

And yes that Estonia entry was amazing. Such a shame it didn't get the credit it deserved. Then again I did like the winner of 2009 which made up for it a bit.

Nope, the right song won by miles.

I thought it was a bit run of the mill. Nothing really stood out.

Axiom

I enjoyed the show but no songs stood out for me this year. My favourites were Italy and Lithuania. Didn't like the Swedish song at all, which makes me a minority among my countrymen as Australia also voted them in as #1 in our unofficial website vote.

What did stand out is my amazing Christina Hendricks level crush on host Leyla who I can find no further information about and thus informs me this is going to be a frustrating crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom