• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of 'em

honestly, you can just go on eurovision.tv and go to the "web tv" section and watch the last several years for free, it's great!

the site also hosts a TON of the national selection contests of the various countries, which often feature better songs than the ones that make it on ESC

all of 'em

Well I posted my favourites from the last 10 years here. It's a mixed bag!

Also to add to what SecretMoblin said, you can find most of the older song contests (50s-90s) full on YouTube. I'm in the process of watching them, myself, actually. :) Never watched the full shows from those old ones.

chadskin

CFuZ5YzWgAA8g87.jpg

Xater

Übermatik;164969211 said:
So is Germany/Austria getting no points a big deal? Even we, the UK, beat 'em... and we SUCK.

There was a big media hubub when we only got 8 points some years ago. So yeah it will make it's waves.

El Topo

I genuinely think that Guildo had one of the best Eurovision performances of all time. Just insanely fun.

Honestly (by far) my favourite German entry and probably my favourite Eurovision performance. Such an over-the-top, fun, slightly bizarre performance.
It helps that Guildo Horn seems like a genuinely nice person (in real life).

Rapstah

Hoping for the return of goofball trash Eurovision next year.

There's a legit chance it's never coming back and I'm kind of scared. :(

What was the goofiest entry this year? Slovenia? That wasn't even that goofy! Austria's burning piano was a goofy part of an otherwise non-goofy entry.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So is Germany/Austria getting no points a big deal? Even we, the UK, beat 'em... and we SUCK.

I mean....it's a "big" deal.
I'd rather have zero points then 2 but I don't think our song was THAT bad.
But then again, I don't care and at least I can expect some great headlines.

ARD probably has Stefan Raab on the phone right now.

We should just send Alf Poier next year. I mean, yeah, he is an asshole and seems pretty transphob but that would reflect Austria much better than Wurst.

Xater

What was the goofiest entry this year? Slovenia? That wasn't even that goofy! Austria's burning piano was a goofy part of an otherwise non-goofy entry.

Georgia was kinda scary. Like an audition for a part in Wicked.

Moldova was the only legit goofy entry. UK was pretty goofy though. Azerbaijan's spazzy dancers were also damn goofy. And it was very goofy how badly San Marino's singers sang.

Zatoth

In Austria we love to nag. Getting zero points at least gives us a good reason for it.

Kind of disappointed about Sweden winning because I didn't really think the song was any good. I think from the top 5 I liked Russia and Australia the best.
I also really hope we'll have another guest country next year and that Australia will be allowed to enter again too.

Germany won in 2010, Italy had good results in the last years, so it doesn't really matter. Send a good song and you will get points, it's pretty simple.

If Germany, UK and France had their songs in Semi-Finals they wouldn't be in Finals. Thus no zero point fiascoes. If there is no competition for that spot there isn't much effort.

Melon Husk

Oh good, they count the votes. Bring Canada in next time too, eh?

I really enjoyed Germany's performance. Poor Germany. She wasn't Lena but close.

Ho boy, you have no idea.
Germany is (or possibly was) REALLY into Eurovision.
Austria not that much, but after we won last year I expect people cared more than ever

From what I can tell, not really. Most people just scoff at it, and thought it was silly that Conchita won. There wasn't really much "pride" in the victory, I saw more disgust and shame at us sending a drag queen and only winning cause she stands for gay rights. Austria is not as open and modern as it tried to present itself this year. It still has fairly spartan LGBT laws, to the point of the EU having to literally force the Austrian government to adjust their adoption laws to reach EU standards.

Koren

Sadly, it's a risk singing in your native language. I remember Tatu entering when they were every much thing and singing in Russian, everyone was convinced that if they had sung in English instead they would have walked it.
That's a very bad reason for a win/loss, and it's one of the reasons I don't care for the results. Even if it's a risk, I think it's still better.

Beside, the "risk" for many countries would be to win the contest. Many countries simply don't want to win because it's costly...

Err...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom